Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2019, 19:48   #391
BANNED

Re: Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Does anyone know any balancing and alignment stores with Road Force balancing and alignment in Hyderabad? My Jetta's steering is wobbling above 100kmph.
Not sure about road force availability but where do you get the alignment & balancing done regularly?

Try visiting either Mohan Chandra's store at Domalguda near Ramakrishna Math or Ashoka Wheels at Minister's Road.
Old 15th June 2019, 20:18   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not sure about road force availability but where do you get the alignment & balancing done regularly?

Try visiting either Mohan Chandra's store at Domalguda near Ramakrishna Math or Ashoka Wheels at Minister's Road.
I go to Mohan Chandra's store always. My steering is wobbling starting from 100, increasing till 140 and after that butter smooth. I've changed the lower arm bushes as well. Everything except my strut mounts and bearings are new.
Old 20th June 2019, 15:23   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I go to Mohan Chandra's store always. My steering is wobbling starting from 100, increasing till 140 and after that butter smooth. I've changed the lower arm bushes as well. Everything except my strut mounts and bearings are new.
That sounds EXACTLY like a road force issue. Ashoka Wheels should be able to sort it out.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 15:36   #394
BHPian

So this is more of a balancing issue and not an alignment issue right?
I feel it is very difficult to have perfect alignment in Indian conditions given the road conditions with so many rough patches, potholes and everything else one can find only on Indian roads!
And does Ashoka Wheels have Road Force?
Old 20th June 2019, 16:26   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know any balancing and alignment stores with Road Force balancing and alignment in Hyderabad? My Jetta's steering is wobbling above 100kmph.
Ashoka Wheels at Banjara Hills has the Road Force Balancing (RFB). Maserati was getting it's RFB done when I visited them. Cost quoted was around 1600.
atulsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:29   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Ashoka Wheels at Banjara Hills has the Road Force Balancing (RFB). Maserati was getting it's RFB done when I visited them. Cost quoted was around 1600.
Thanks! Called them up right away. Quoted 1400 just for the Road Force Balancing as my wheels are 17inch and 400 for alignment.
Old 19th November 2019, 01:32   #397
BHPian

HI Nikhil!

I have been to your showroom 2 days ago and here is the WA report attached. Could you please take a look at the report and let me know if there is anything wrong with the rear axle.
Car: Scross Facelift

Please take a look at the issue I faced with my rear tyres in this post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4691685 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)
Attached Images

Old 24th November 2019, 13:43   #398
BHPian

Hello experts,

I own a 2019 Nissan Kicks XL which comes with 215/65 R16 tires and had steel wheels, some 3 weeks back I replaced my steels wheels with a new set of alloys for my car. Last week while coming back from a short vacation, I noticed that my Kicks is pulling to left.

Immediately shared the concern with the dealer's service advisor, so they collected the car on Tuesday to diagnose this and a few other issues which I raised.

The day before yesterday, I got a call from the service advisor, that they have done the wheel alignment also but still the car is pulling to left and was told that alloy wheels have a defect because of which the car is exhibiting this behavior, I asked, what is the defect and can they prove that? No answer from them.

So a bit concerned, yesterday, I went to the service station to discuss the matter. After reaching there I asked for the alignment report (attached). With whatever knowledge I have, I found the parameters to be okay. But would request the experts to have a look at the report and let me know if they find any abnormalities.

All alloy wheels are in perfect condition, with no signs of wear and tear or any form of deformation! Last but not least, what may be the reason for this left pulling? Sharing some data about my car:

Odometer reading: 3165 km
Tire size: 215/65 R16
Tire Brand: Apollo Aptherra HP
Alloy wheel Brand: Bolt wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here-wareport.jpg  

theguardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 15:43   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
Last week while coming back from a short vacation, I noticed that my Kicks is pulling to left.
Did you hit a pothole at speed on this trip?

Quote:
was told that alloy wheels have a defect because of which the car is exhibiting this behavior, I asked, what is the defect and can they prove that? No answer from them. All alloy wheels are in perfect condition, with no signs of wear and tear or any form of deformation!
1) Never go to authorized service centers to fix wheel alignment issues. They are the worst, irrespective of brand.
2) Go to a petrol pump and check the tyre pressure on all 4 wheels
3) Go to any modern wheel alignment center that has Nissan Kicks settings on their system
4) Switch the wheels (left to right / front to back)
5) Specifically mention the pulling to the left problem and ask him to fix it.

Good technicians ask for a test drive first. If he does, go with him and demonstrate the problem.

Last edited by SmartCat : 24th November 2019 at 15:46.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 20:24   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Did you hit a pothole at speed on this trip?
Thank you SmartCat!!

Last week, I went to Khashid beach from Pune which is around 170 Km. I chose the Pune-Mumbai expressway - Khopoli - Pen route. While the expressway is a breeze to drive, Khopoli - Pen has some of the worst patches so it was difficult and nearly impossible to drive at high speeds. So, yes I did encounter many bad surfaces including potholes but was careful. Is it possible that one of the front tires might have got damaged from inside while going over the pothole(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
1) Never go to authorized service centers to fix wheel alignment issues. They are the worst, irrespective of brand.
2) Go to a petrol pump and check the tyre pressure on all 4 wheels
3) Go to any modern wheel alignment center that has Nissan Kicks settings on their system
4) Switch the wheels (left to right / front to back)
5) Specifically mention the pulling to the left problem and ask him to fix it.
There was another issue that I wanted the authorized service center to diagnose so I thought of sending my Kicks to them to solve both the issues. I checked the tire pressure while coming back, it was 34 psi in all the tires.

Meanwhile, I will ask them to swap tires as suggested and see if the issue still persists. And if they are not able to diagnose & fix the issue I will get my Kicks back and shall take it to a decent wheel alignment center.
theguardian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 20:16   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I will ask them to swap tires as suggested and see if the issue still persists. And if they are not able to diagnose & fix the issue I will get my Kicks back and shall take it to a decent wheel alignment center.
Update: a Few days back, the service advisor called up and told me that he swapped all the tires of my Kicks with the same specs tires of another vehicle but the problem still persists. So now they are consulting Nissan technical folks.

On Thursday afternoon, I was informed that the problem is fixed. When I inquired about what was the reason, they said all the stock tires (from Apollo) were defective and were causing the left pulling. So they installed brand new tires from Bridgestone under warranty, which means now I have 5 brand new tires from Bridgestone.

It was around 8 PM on Thursday when I got my car back and after exchanging the pleasantries with the driver, I thought of taking my Stallion for a short spin. Too early to conclude but no more left pulling. There may be a bit of it but that may be because of road conditions.

Can defective tire(s) exhibit such behavior (read pulling left/right)?

But overall I am satisfied with my service advisor and the dealership, full marks to them so far.
theguardian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 09:58   #402
BANNED

Quote:
Update: a Few days back, the service advisor called up and told me that he swapped all the tires of my Kicks with the same specs tires of another vehicle but the problem still persists. So now they are consulting Nissan technical folks.

On Thursday afternoon, I was informed that the problem is fixed. When I inquired about what was the reason, they said all the stock tires (from Apollo) were defective and were causing the left pulling. So they installed brand new tires from Bridgestone under warranty, which means now I have 5 brand new tires from Bridgestone.

It was around 8 PM on Thursday when I got my car back and after exchanging the pleasantries with the driver, I thought of taking my Stallion for a short spin. Too early to conclude but no more left pulling. There may be a bit of it but that may be because of road conditions.

Can defective tire(s) exhibit such behavior (read pulling left/right)?

But overall I am satisfied with my service advisor and the dealership, full marks to them so far.
Yes, defective tyres cause pulling to one side even if suspension etc. is fine.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 15:38   #403
BHPian

Few questions:

Are the wheel alignment settings for AWD same as a FWD vehicle?

At the wheel alignment shop (prabhat tyres, kothrud), there was a sign board from Michelin tyres that stated wheel balancing helps reduce vibrations in the car. How effective is this?

Now I have done the wheel balancing and alignment from my XUV500 AWD at this shop and the camber of rear wheel went from negative to slightly positive. The alignment system showed the settings for XUV500 (2012+) to be from 0+ so the new values are set as per this chart. While reading forums, I found that negative camber on rear wheels helps in handling. So I am not sure why they would want it to be only positive. I didn't notice camber settings for front wheel.
Old 16th February 2020, 02:53   #404
BHPian

My first wheel alignment and balancing experience:

It is little over one year of my ownership of Tata Tiago, and it is approaching 6,000 kms on odo. The Tata Service Center guys suggested to go for WA and WB in one year service. However, they tried to pull nasty tricks to extract the money which pissed me off, and I decided to go for the bare bone service strictly as per the manual.

So, I was looking for a good WA and WB center near Chembur, Mumbai, and got the suggestion of Autocnova, Chembur from Bhp-ian Iyencar. The shop has 4.8 rating on Google, hence decided to give a visit.

Work Done:
1. Wheel Balancing
2. Wheel Alignment
3. Car foam wash+ wax

Cost:
WB: 200
WA: 400
Weight charges= 160gms *3= 480
Wash+wax: 500+300

Experience:
I learned driving last year and this is my first car, so I do not have first-hand practical experience of WA, WB. So, I went through few posts on Team-Bhp where others have described the process and their experience and with that idea I reached the shop. Following are my observations regarding the whole experience.

1. I asked is there a preferred sequence of doing WB and WA, the mechanic told that sequence does not matter. Anyhow WB was done before WA.

2. I asked to remove the small gravels stuck in the tyre groves before doing WB, as I felt it may vary the balancing weights suggested by the machine. The mechanic said it does not matter as WB is to do with wheel rim and not tyre.

3. They had a hunter machine for WA. I reminded them to check the wheel pressure before attempting WA as I recalled someone on the forum pointing it out, again the mechanic shot down the proposition.

4. There were three readings on monitor, caster, camber and Toe. They adjusted mainly the Toe and tried to make the toe reading green. Caster and camber readings were red and I never saw them turning green. As soon as the toe reading became green, the operator took the printout in a flash and removed the machine. I asked about those readings but could not get satisfactory answers, and in the print out all readings seemed to be in the range so I to let it go.

5. Then car went for wash and wax and a satisfactory job was done.

Attaching the WA report.

Hope the comments from fellow bhp-ians would help in clearing the confusion!
Attached Thumbnails
Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here-wa-report-feb-2020.jpg  

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th February 2020 at 11:50. Reason: Typo
Old 17th February 2020, 11:20   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTitan47 View Post

4. There were three readings on monitor, caster, camber and Toe. They adjusted mainly the Toe and tried to make the toe reading green. Caster and camber readings were red and I never saw them turning green. As soon as the toe reading became green, the operator took the printout in a flash and removed the machine. I asked about those readings but could not get satisfactory answers, and in the print out all readings seemed to be in the range so I to let it go.

Hope the comments from fellow bhp-ians would help in clearing the confusion!
In most cars, only the toe can be adjusted. Caster and camber are factory spec. Normally it would change only if there is any suspension damage. Not sure why it was in the red though. Whatever the reason, caster and camber can be changed only by the service centre in case there is any problem, not by the wheel alignment shops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks