Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 12:35   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: I feel MyTvs cheated by not offering Wheel alignment

For all you know, the guys at the service centre are pocketing the money while cheating their employer!
Old 19th April 2014, 23:34   #32
BANNED

Re: Questions on wheel alignment!

I called them to their landline on Thursday, SA said, they will send me the bill and alignment report on friday, mostly on saturday evening, i have not received, they say still the computer is not ready. i called then saturday and still same answer, commited they will send the bill before tuesday. I asked i shall copy in pen drive as soft copy, but they say there is no access for pendrive, only email is allowed.

I finally had made the final date given to them will be Tuesday, after that i am going to report at MyTvs toll free and their corporate office,

PS: How can they run the service center without non-working printer, no-email for more than a week, from last Saturday to this Saturday, may extend till Tuesday.

Last edited by rajivanoj : 19th April 2014 at 23:36.
Old 10th May 2014, 18:58   #33
BANNED

I got the the complaint in the Mytvs web, on Tuesday, since they said, they will give the bill and other alignment on Tuesday, but i called on morning about 10 Am 22-4-14. They receptionist said, the SA was not available now to speak, and let them will call back soon, but till 12 noon, i have not received the call or any bill through email. So i shot the complaint to Mytvs website and an facebook page too, I got an Response from the head office at about 3 pm, and the madam required will forwarded this complaint to VP etc, and local franchise too, but as soon as in few minutes, i got email for the bill in my inbox. But the local franchise called , and said they had sent the bill to email. and asked about the alignment report, they said will call back. After 5 minutes, they called again and said they did not have it, and the SA will said to give an another alignment for free cost, with my presence. Okay i said, i can make it on saturday(27-4-14).

Next comes a shock on Saturday, I called on morning, that i will be available from them, they said to me come on 3 pm, i went about 3.10- 3.15 pm , at their reception. I drove the car near the alignment port, but there was an other car was in jack, but not working on alignment. but some other mechanical done in alignment port. The computer was not working. But the SA will said will do it soon for alignment, once the other car is done. i waited for some time near the car about 20 minutes, then i went to reception, since i could not wait for much near bay. after around 4.30 pm i asked whether it is done or not? they said they were sent to other alignment franchise of tvs which is about 5 kms from the present place. I thought i could have seen the alignment in my presence. but they did sent to other franchise without my knowledge, though since the alignment is not working i thought this had happened. At after few times asking about the proceeding of the alignment from done in other franchise. i get out for a while from reception, then the car came inside around at time 5.55 pm so. the car went inside the shed and i did not know , what happened inside for, at about time about exactly 6.07 pm. i got the gate pass from SA. Then the SA gave an alignment report from dash board. But after the time mentioned is at 5.57 pm. and that too the their name address in top of paper is trimmed, i just had only the alignment only. not any dealer address or so. I suspect that the alignment report done in this local garage. Why did they hide the name address of the report done? . I asked SA about this, they said the time in alignment will be wrong time. even if their local desktop in reception will be around about 7pm show instead of 6 pm.

I am sure that the report is printed in the local dealer. but they had done or not done the alignment in the other franchise. I shall post the alignment too in this page.
Old 13th May 2014, 22:02   #34
BANNED

This is the alignment report with no address header and the time is 5.57pm, the distance between is about 10 km, i got the gate pass at 6.08pm, but see the teared top of the paper, where the address is printed if so.
Attached Thumbnails
Questions on wheel alignment!-10297668_10152397277313485_1303406689670254008_n.jpg  

Last edited by rajivanoj : 13th May 2014 at 22:04.
Old 30th September 2014, 18:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Indigo has Rear Alignment additional to Front Alignment although the rear has only Toe Setting.

Now the Rear Right has Negative Camber (as per the Computer Machine as well as Report). Will this affect the Tyre wear from inside? Should I check the Suspension Bushes?
Old 4th October 2014, 14:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Indigo has Rear Alignment additional to Front Alignment although the rear has only Toe Setting.

Now the Rear Right has Negative Camber (as per the Computer Machine as well as Report). Will this affect the Tyre wear from inside? Should I check the Suspension Bushes?
IndigoXLGrandDi,
Nearly all cars are designed with a slight negative camber in the rear. Although I do not know what the specified values are for the Indigo, if you find them to be outside of the specified range the vehicle can and likely will cause excessive wear on the insides of the rear tyres.
And yes, you should get the suspension checked, but not just for the bushes because camber mis-alignment can easily be due to bent arms.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany
Nearly all cars are designed with a slight negative camber in the rear.
I think you got mistaken here.
AFAIK, the cars that are used for normal use (not racing) do have positive camber (wheels bent slightly outer side).

For that matter the rear left wheel of our Indigo has positive camber.
So I guess there might be something wrong with the right wheel since the inner edge of the tyre has lost its tread.
Old 5th October 2014, 12:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I think you got mistaken here.
AFAIK, the cars that are used for normal use (not racing) do have positive camber (wheels bent slightly outer side).

For that matter the rear left wheel of our Indigo has positive camber.
So I guess there might be something wrong with the right wheel since the inner edge of the tyre has lost its tread.
IndigoXLGrandDi,
I am 100% certain. For example, Skoda recommends a 1.2 +-0.3 Degree Negative Camber for the rear tyres of the Laura.
The word negative sounds counterintuitive, but what it means is that the part of the tyre touching the ground is angled outwards (away from the car), which is what you've said too.
Follow the link below and have a look at the picture, you'll know what I mean:

Wikipedia - Camber Angle

As for any car having a positive camber (contact patch leaning inwards) in the rear, trust me this is impossible and certainly cannot be as per manufacturer recommendation.

Most Viewed