BFGoodrich
Help on Rim & Tyre change on Mahindra Classic-bfgoodrich.allterrainta.jpg

Both these are available in 31x10.5

While the Yokohama Geolandar is also available in 30x9.50
Help on Rim & Tyre change on Mahindra Classic-20003.jpg
Old 9th July 2008, 12:12   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Iraghava! I am currently running the Michelin A/T's on my Classic, albeit in a 225 patch. I am very happy with the rubber. If its available in 31x10.5, that would probably be my choice.

This size is not all that expensive, is it? I think I paid about 5 grand (would need to confirm) to Saifee for the Michelins in '03.
Old 1st May 2010, 13:48   #33
ZTE

3. The Classic originally came with wire wheels (attachment 1), but Mahindra replaced them with a smart 5 spoke design later (attachment 2). They are pretty robust wheels, and have been tested by Mahindra in offroading applications. Do you want to try sourcing these. Alternatively, have you seen the three spokes on mine? They'd be easier to find.

Hi GTO,

I have recently bought a classic two days back in baroda after searching for more than 2 years.I m looking for an extra alloy wheel 5 Spoke which you are mentioning as I got only 4 of them with this classic. I have tried searching here in scrap market but didnt found any.

If you can tell me any source of getting those, It would be great.

I have been silently reading your post on your mahindra classic and the modification you have performed on it but since I didnt had any jeep , I didn't wrote anything. But now when I have finally got one ,I have plenty of enquiries which I will post as I work on the classic gradually.

Regards,
Brij
Old 31st March 2017, 15:11   #34
BHPian

Re: Help on Rim & Tyre change on Mahindra Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Salikt,

Apologies for the late reply. I went through a similar situation when choosing an upsize for my Mahindra Classic (You can read more about her in the long term reviews section).

After a lot of trial and error, I found that the best fit is 225/70/15 rubber. I experimented with 235 and an 80 profile, but both were touching the chassis on full lock.

Check out Michelin all terrains. I am extremely happy with them.

EDIT: 235/75 R15 is the best tyre size for the CJ340 / Classic.
On a Mahindra Classic, Can we not use the Army style 16inch RIM with 7.50X16 sand & Highway/ Bullet Tyres?
One of my friend has them on a CJ3b and they look really wow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks