Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 08:36   #256
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post

The damage is already done. Got a new set of Lenso alloys (has been my fav design for a long time now) and I just looove them. Will post couple of pictures in the Alloy thread in few days. Car is looking like it just came out of a rally, with all the muck.
Don't even think about washing the Car. Please do the honors here. There already is a dedicated thread for it. Please contribute
Old 14th July 2013, 18:24   #257
BHPian

Does anyone have info on how to source a stock steel wheel for the Ford Figo (D) Zxi in Trivandum? Is it likely to be available at the Authorised Service Station?

The inside lip on one of the wheels of my Figo got a dent after going through a pothole. The tyre seems to be fine though, with no signs of a cut or bulge. Will get it checked anyway.
Old 15th July 2013, 16:50   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Does anyone have info on how to source a stock steel wheel for the Ford Figo (D) Zxi in Trivandum? Is it likely to be available at the Authorised Service Station?
Yes, please check with Kairali Ford. They should be having spare steel rims in their garage. If not available, you can also check with New Bharath tires on the Bypass. At least you can talk with them and get to know where you can source new/second hand steel rims from. Since most people dispose off/sell their steel rims to tire shops while moving from alloys, they'll have contacts.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 18:57   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
5) The steering feels a tad lighter than what it was before. I am not sure if this is just a feeling or really the Yokos lightened the steering. The feel is still spot on. I just love the feel and the heaviness in Figo's steering and am sure I will miss this REAL badly in my next car, years down the line.
Its the C drives. The moment you change back to any other tire, steering will feel the same.
All you can do is, get a customized negative camber done at the alignment shop, it would make the steering slightly heavier.

Drive safe!

Last edited by kpzen : 15th July 2013 at 19:00.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:29   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Its the C drives. The moment you change back to any other tire, steering will feel the same.
All you can do is, get a customized negative camber done at the alignment shop, it would make the steering slightly heavier.

Drive safe!
I got the 'lighter steering' issue fixed. Was driving around my friend's Chevy beat for a day and now my Figo's steering feels as heavy as it gets.
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:53   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!

Any of you used Bridgestone Potenza G-3 or MY-02 on your Figo? How would one compare it with the XM-2?

Isn't the A-Drive's side walls a bit too soft? How has been the experience with the A Drives?

Thanks
I've been using 195/55/ 15 MY-01 on my 2011 figo titanium. They lasted for 26000 kms out of which 90% can be considered as torturing the rubber. They were put into potholes, uneven corners, bad roads, off road and yeah, some high speeds for prolonged duration too. Even after all this, theres not a single crack on the rubber. Not even a bubble. A couple of punctures are what I can recollect. Moved back to my other set - 14" 185 section A drives. Drive feels soft but lack of grip, Less noisy and more torque with the 14"
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:14   #262
BHPian

Finally after 47000kms, changed my stock goodyear tyres. After going through most of this thread and a similar one on
GearHeads, upsized to 185/65 XM2 energy Michelins on stock rims.
The most immediate change is reduction in tyre noise. I now realise how noisy the Goodyear was.
The ride is also appreciably better. The thud sounds over potholes are more damped now.
I have not really tested braking but doesnt appear to be any different.
Steering seems a wee bit lighter but still excellent feel. I expected steering to be heavier with 185. Not really tested cornering, but in the few curves that I come across in my daily route, there is no difference.

With my Goodyears, I had bent my rims twice going over potholes. I hope that will not happen with this 185/65 patch.
The tyre shop guy put 32 in the front tyres and 30 in rear tyres. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Deep Blue : 3rd August 2013 at 19:30.
Old 24th October 2013, 01:24   #263
BHPian

Guys, I have done 45k kms on my stock Apollos and am pondering as to when I should change the rubber. The tires are in good condition with only one puncture till date, a recent one at that.
Cauvery Ford, at Magadi road, is offering 185/65 Apollos upgrade without the warranty getting affected. I will update the rates soon.

Should I stick with Apollos or do we have a better option?
Old 25th October 2013, 06:35   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, I have done 45k kms on my stock Apollos and am pondering as to when I should change the rubber. The tires are in good condition with only one puncture till date, a recent one at that.
Cauvery Ford, at Magadi road, is offering 185/65 Apollos upgrade without the warranty getting affected. I will update the rates soon.

Should I stick with Apollos or do we have a better option?
It is better to change tyres after 40K irrespective of thread depth. I am no tyre expert, but read in t-bhp that the rubber gets harder and you lose grip. I have MRFs at 45 k and I still have significant thread left but plan to change anyways.

The most popular option for the figo seems to be the Michelin XM1 185\65\R14. Silent, good grip and slightly better clearance.I have it in my city. Check the previous pages and you will notice about individual experiences. The other option is Yoko A drives.
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 01:41   #265
BHPian

I have been facing countless punctures on stock tyres on my figo from last few days. stock tyres clocked 64K as of today. So finally i am going to replace it tomorrow.
I have two choice.

1) Yokohoma Earth 1 185/65/14 - 4300Rs.
2) Micheline XM2 185/65/14 - 4900Rs.

Dealer insisting me to go for Yoko. My swift also runs on Yoko ES100 and its been doing great. I have clocked 70K on ES100 and still tread left for next 10K.

Is it worth to spend 600Rs. on Micheline ?
Old 29th October 2013, 12:23   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
I have been facing countless punctures on stock tyres on my figo from last few days. stock tyres clocked 64K as of today. So finally i am going to replace it tomorrow.
I have two choice.

1) Yokohoma Earth 1 185/65/14 - 4300Rs.
2) Micheline XM2 185/65/14 - 4900Rs.

Dealer insisting me to go for Yoko. My swift also runs on Yoko ES100 and its been doing great. I have clocked 70K on ES100 and still tread left for next 10K.

Is it worth to spend 600Rs. on Micheline ?
64k? Thats impressive. Still no wonder you are having frequent punctures in the recent times.

My car has done 45k and I am planning a tyre upgrade to 185/65. Personally, I'd go for for XM2s after reading a lot of negative reviews for Yokos. But if you are comfortable with ES100, then go for it.
Old 30th October 2013, 00:39   #267
BHPian

My Figo is now on Yokohoma Earth 1 185/65/14 - 4000/- after bargaining including alignment,balaching and nitrogen.. so far impressive tires. maneuverability is damn good. zig zag is fun. will post more details later.
Old 30th October 2013, 07:15   #268
BHPian

Guys,

I am about to upsize my tyres. I have got 15" rims for my FIGO. Planning to upgrade to 195 / 55 R15. Overall correction is about 2%. If I go with 185 60 R15 correction comes to 3.5%. So I am sticking with 195/55 R15. I am looking for Directional performance tyres.

Can you guys give inputs on which brand to go with? Yokohama S-Drives ? Or Potenza G3 ? or Bridgestone My-01 / MY-02 ? Prices come around 5 to 5.5K.

Last edited by limited-edition : 30th October 2013 at 07:18. Reason: Added in type of tyre I am checking for
Old 30th October 2013, 08:45   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Can you guys give inputs on which brand to go with? Yokohama S-Drives ? Or Potenza G3 ? or Bridgestone My-01 / MY-02 ? Prices come around 5 to 5.5K.
Good idea to stick with 195/55 R15.

Off the 3 listed, I would go with S Drives. The tyre (width, tread) looks good on the car and it has good grip and not very noisy. The problem is the stiffness which will make the ride a bit harsh. GIII is now very old now and not a patch on the old Made in Japan ones. The MY series doesn't look good and I don't have much idea on it otherwise.

A friend had Maxxis 195/55 R15 on his S (MA-Z1 I suppose) and he loved it. You can check that as well.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 16:22   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Guys,

I am about to upsize my tyres. I have got 15" rims for my FIGO. Planning to upgrade to 195 / 55 R15. Overall correction is about 2%. If I go with 185 60 R15 correction comes to 3.5%. So I am sticking with 195/55 R15. I am looking for Directional performance tyres.

I suggest you try MY01 / 02, these tyres are not made here and the focus is on performance. GIII is outdated now, S drive is not better than MY01.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks