Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:22   #61
BHPian

Chetan, I would say go for the MRF ones. I guess its the MRF ZVTS offered with figo now a days (a friend of mine recently got one with ZVTS). GT3's are good but very noisy, i have got them and cant wait to replace them. Apollo acelere's are OK tyres.
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I never said it will be unuseable or there will be problems. However, I still insist, keeping in mind the meagre 68 BHP power output....a tyre of 185 width is more than enough. The advantage of a 185 over 195 will be lighter steering & superior agility. Over-sizing can bog a car down. And remember, a 185 tyre of very good quality will offer better grip than 195 of average quality.
Agreed, 185 is quite sufficient for a FIGO.
But IMO, the 195s won't bog down the car much. 160 Nm torque will still make it pull.
There's another reason why ppl jump to 195/60-14 instead of 185/65-14, TIRE OPTIONS (good performance ones).
Far more options available in 195/60-14 in comparison to 185/65-14.
Old 3rd November 2010, 19:00   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

I disagree with KPzen. I would say there are more options in 185/65 R14.

185/65 R14:

Yoko C drive
Michelin XM1+
Apollo Acelere
Yoko A Drive

195/60 R14:
XM1+ - Hopelessly overpriced
Conti CPC or CPC2 - Spotty availability.
ER 60 - Availability problems
Yoko A drive
Yoko ES100.
Apollo Acelere.

Out of these options for 195/60 R14, you cannot reliably count on one model which will be available.
Old 11th December 2010, 19:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

KPzen/ IRaghava,
I will be taking delivery of a Ford Figo next week. Since I will be upgrading to Alloys (Ford OEM) could you please tell me about some shop that will give me a good price for the original steel Rims? What would be a good rate for the rims?
Old 16th December 2010, 18:10   #65
Team-BHP Support

Bumping this as I want alloy wheels for the Figo.

Spoke with a dealer in Siliguri and he quoted prices which I feel were on the higher side.

For Neo alloy wheels--
Axis/Ozone/Rapid was quoted at 18.5K
Cruze/Fire at 19.5K
Cruze chrome at 22K

Are these prices on par with that in bigger cities?

I was thinking to go in for the Ford's 14" *split-silver* alloys but they aren't available.

Which alloys would be better? Ford OE ones or Neo?
Old 17th December 2010, 10:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Bumping this as I want alloy wheels for the Figo.

Spoke with a dealer in Siliguri and he quoted prices which I feel were on the higher side.

For Neo alloy wheels--
Cruze/Fire at 19.5K
Cruze chrome at 22K

I was thinking to go in for the Ford's 14" *split-silver* alloys but they aren't available.

Which alloys would be better? Ford OE ones or Neo?
IMHO, both are equal in terms of reliability. If you like the design of Ford OE, go for them.

They may nag you with warranty related issues if you opt for aftermarket.
Old 18th December 2010, 20:59   #67
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I'm talking delivery of my figo 1.4 on monday. Did a PDI today and it's shod with apollo accellers. Initially, I'd expected it to be one of those totally rubbish goodyear GT3 or MRF's and was going to change to 185/65/14 accelleres. But I'm now in a dilemma. I'm being given a deal to upgrade to 185/65/14 continental ecocontact 3 for 3500 bucks( all 5 tyres on stock rims) or the A drives for 3000. Any suggestions anyone? Should I go for it? or save the money?
Old 30th January 2011, 19:29   #68
BHPian

Have a dilemma related to OE Tyre Quality. I want to change to better rubber and probably a higher profile with no change in width. Any recommendations?
I want to stick to stock RIM but will upgrade to alloys if needed for better tyres. My only constraint being warranty. So I want to stick to original tyre width of 175 and size of 14" but change aspect for better ride and comfort, and better rubber for grip and (less) noise.

Thanks
Old 31st January 2011, 20:27   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

You can upgrade to any tyre from Yokohama, Michelin or Continental or bridgestone from the stock MRFs. In Bridgestone make sure you dont go for the S322 or anything like that. Go only for the ER60. Or Michelin XM1+ or Yoko A Drive.

You will get 175/65 R!4 easily in all these brands. The ride quality and grip will be substantially better.
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
For Neo alloy wheels--
Cruze/Fire at 19.5K
Cruze chrome at 22K

No, these are not, the MRP of 14" Neo Rim is 3749/- so a set of 4 will cost you around 15 k and after discount the final landing cost to you will be around 13k or so.

If you are open with the idea of sourcing these from Delhi, I can help you, all we need to check is the logistic cost to ensure the feasibility of idea.
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
every car company have done extensive research into giving best tyres for its best performance so ideally its always better not to make any major changes in the specs that they say.so stick to the manufacturer specs always. so dont make any drastic changes in tyre sizes. cheers!
Couldnt be more wrong (no offense). Every company do extensive research to maximise their profit and therefore cost cutting is evident in every model. No wonder why Skoda, Polo, Swift, all offer better and bigger tyres in their top end models.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:08   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
If you are open with the idea of sourcing these from Delhi, I can help you, all we need to check is the logistic cost to ensure the feasibility of idea.
Thanks Bandhav

Aren't the PCD's of a Ford bit different from that of others?

Has any of the Figo owners fitted 15"? Their experiences and pictures would be nice.
Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the PCD of Ford is 108, I answered your questions at Bunny's I20 pictures on FB also.

Check out the Venom design of Neo, in case you like it, I can arrange the same at mouth watering price.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:21   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
You can upgrade to any tyre from Yokohama, Michelin or Continental or bridgestone from the stock MRFs. In Bridgestone make sure you dont go for the S322 or anything like that. Go only for the ER60. Or Michelin XM1+ or Yoko A Drive.

You will get 175/65 R!4 easily in all these brands. The ride quality and grip will be substantially better.
Thanks Nikhil, I got Michelin XM1+ 185/65R14 for about 1.5k each. Turns out that the standard Goodyear are cheaper than the standard MRF/Apollo, hence I paid extra for choosing Goodyear over MRF at the agency. Seems like I have been overcharged :(.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:32   #75
BANNED

Hey Bandhav !

I've booked a Figo Titanium....White TDCI, expected delivery by 15th Feb... cud you please help me with the alloys...pricing, probably lead me to a good place or help me source...

I have 2 designs in mind....the cruze, white machined with red lip or twister, white machined with red lip...

Any help would really be appreciated....

Cheers!

RD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks