BHPian

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi All,

Got following quote from exclusive MRF showroom in basavanagudi

size: 175/65/R14
ZV2k - 4025/-
ZSLK - 4000/-
ZVTV - 3900/-

I was told the ZLO min spec is 185/70R14 or 195/60/R14. Is this true ZLO is not available in std spec of Figo ?
Old 25th August 2012, 17:36   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban
Hi All,

I was told the ZLO min spec is 185/70R14 or 195/60/R14. Is this true ZLO is not available in std spec of Figo ?
Yes, ZLO is available from 185/70/15 onwards. It will void your extended warranty if you go for 185 profile. Why cant you try Michelin XM2 or Yoko Adrives for better grip and reduced road noise ?
I have zv2k done just 2k kms, satisfied a bit, but the road noise is too much and once in a sharpcurve@ 40kmph, the front tyres felt like slipping.
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:41   #198
BHPian

{ Why cant you try Michelin XM2 or Yoko Adrives for better grip and reduced road noise ?
}
I feel donkeys don't need Nike running shoes.
BTW this is my tyre upgrade due at 45k kms, last year alone drove close to 30k and pretty impressed with zv2k from MRF. Done quite bit of high speed on GQ, NICE and along arsekere... I mean 130+ speeds all along routes. Plus the horrible roads around Bhadra in heavy rain I can vouch for mrf.

I actually paid 425 bucks more than earlier quote and got the types upgraded at a.s.s as my car was with them for Ford RTB recall.

Lathangi quote - mrf zv2k 3886+tax=4450.
XM2 -5800/- after all taxes.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:39   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban
BTW this is my tyre upgrade due at 45k kms, last year alone drove close to 30k and pretty impressed with zv2k from MRF. Done quite bit of high speed on GQ, NICE and along arsekere... I mean 130+ speeds all along routes. Plus the horrible roads around Bhadra in heavy rain I can vouch for mrf.

I actually paid 425 bucks more than earlier quote and got the types upgraded at a.s.s as my car was with them for Ford RTB recall.

Lathangi quote - mrf zv2k 3886+tax=4450.
XM2 -5800/- after all taxes.
I also did a 900kms trip last week on Bellary Hospet Hampi roads and found ZV2K are not that bad. The tyre took pothole abuse and I did not feel they are bad. Did 140 kms few times on NH4.

You should have bought tyres in a reputed tyre shop and I feel you paid more at Lathangi Ford.
Old 9th September 2012, 14:46   #200
BHPian

Ford Figo tire upsizing - Help needed!

Dear friends, I'm looking to up-size my Ford Figo's tires to 185/65 R14. My Figo's clocked over 50k km on stock tires and though there are plenty of choices I can choose from, I have zeroed in on 185/65 R14. I'm confused about the brands, need your help here.

Can Figo owners and tire experts provide me the best brand of tires for this changeover? I owe you one!

Thanks,
Shrawan Raja
Old 9th September 2012, 16:14   #201
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo tire upsizing - Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustshrawan View Post
Can Figo owners and tire experts provide me the best brand of tires for this changeover? I owe you one!
Thanks,
Shrawan Raja
Best brand depends on what you want from the tyres. Do you want comfort, do you want stiff rides with great grip or do you want a compromise on performance/comfort/durability?
Old 9th September 2012, 23:19   #202
BHPian

I'm mainly looking at comfort and durability, these are two priorities.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:05   #203
Senior - BHPian

It is time for new shoes for my Figo.

zeroes on 185/65/r14

Got these quotes:

BS 250 4500 pt

GY DP 4500 pt

Yoko A drives 4300 PT

The dealer promised further discount of 100/ tire while purchasing and also promised some goodies.

Considering I am from Pune, am I getting a good deal?

Above prices are including installation, alignment and balancing (weights not included) and I was also offered buy out of my old tires, prices only on post inspection.

Kindly advice.

Last edited by anilisanil : 22nd September 2012 at 14:06.
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:38   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustshrawan
For comfort, less tyre noise & better handling, go forMichellin XM2. For durability, MRF ZV2k.

IMO, Yoko A drive are for both comfort & durability & Yoko C drive for wet grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

zeroes on 185/65/r14

Got these quotes:

BS 250 4500 pt

GY DP 4500 pt

Yoko A drives 4300 PT

The dealer promised further discount of 100/ tire while purchasing and also promised some goodies.

Above prices are including installation, alignment and balancing (weights not included) and I was also offered buy out of my old tires, prices only on post inspection.

Kindly advice.
Yoko A drive 185/65/14 costs 4600/- in Bangalore & for you with alignment if it costs 4300 pt, its decent price.
IMO, Yokos are better than GY & BS.

Last edited by HighOctane : 23rd September 2012 at 00:39.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 01:19   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustshrawan View Post
There is no tyre that offers both.
At best, you may seek a compromise between the two.

Comfort tyres: Less road noise, softer sidewalls to absorb the bumps better, good traction and braking. But on the flip side these are prone to sidewall cuts and punchurs.

Durable tyres: Opposite of everything above.

I suggest either Bridgestone Turanza ER60 or Goodyear Assurance Fuelmax.

Last edited by Chewbacca : 23rd September 2012 at 01:20.
Old 23rd September 2012, 02:22   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Even though that might have been said in lighter vein, it sounds a bit harsh.

The Figo has arguably the most sorted steering - gearbox - chassis setup you could ask for from a hatch below 10 lakhs. The Swift is right up there. Just. And so is the Punto. The only problem with it is that the engines feel a little under-powered. Nothing that a tuning-box can't take care of. But still, more power wouldn't have hurt considering that the Figo has immense potential. The high-speed stability is remarkable for a car this small. Wider tyres would certainly help, IMO.

195 sections would be perfect, especially if paired with nice alloys and a diesel tuning-box. It would certainly outrun some seriously expensive cars around twistiest - in the hands of a good driver.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 15:40   #207
Senior - BHPian

Figo Tyre Change

Intend on replacing the tyres on my petrol exi figo(which means the weight of the vehicle is comparitively lighter than its diesel cousins).I intend on buying the Yoko A-Drive 175/ 65 /14.Any reviews on them?Getting them for INR 4000 per tyre at HYD including fitment.
Old 26th September 2012, 21:33   #208
BHPian

Recently I had posted about changing one of my tyres after a blowout. The date of manufacture on the tyre shows 1812(ww/yy). Of late Ive been noticing upto 4 psi loss in a gap of 1 to 2 weeks on that tyre.

I've filled them with Nitrogen from Day 1 of installing that tyre. On most days I dont use my car and it stays parked in the basement of our apartment building. The basement has a surface as if lots of buttons have been placed on it.

It is only that wheel i.e Front Left wheel that is losing the pressure. The rest seem to be maintaining the same psi for quite sometime, (after having measured all at the same time).

Is something wrong with the tyre? I kept it once for a week and a half to see if it indeed was a puncture but that wasnt the case. What can be the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Im riding on stock steel rims.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:28   #209

I have upgraded to Momo 15" Alloys and Good year 195/60 Tyres. See attachment. Handling is a wee bit better after the upgrade. Have done 35K till now in my diesel hatch
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-figo.jpg  

Old 28th September 2012, 08:12   #210
Senior - BHPian

Hey anil,

The prices are good & out of the options you have short-listed, I would choose the A-drive. However, did you also check the prices for Michelin XM2?

Drive safe & do post the pictures once you get the new tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

zeroes on 185/65/r14

Got these quotes:

BS 250 4500 pt

GY DP 4500 pt

Yoko A drives 4300 PT

Kindly advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks