Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 07:46   #316
BHPian

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Nice idea for a swap of wheels.

Do post pictures of the car when resting on the ground along with difference in ride/steering response/comfort in comparison to the stock tires.
Here you go!!, some pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-image-4.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-image-5.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-image-6.jpeg  

limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 18:23   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Nope, Didn't got any chance. not anytime soon too.. as im going out of country coming week, i can add up my review only by next month.

So far inside city the tyres were good, added up some cushion effect plus lesser rolling resistance gives nice feel to drive.
Last week went for a ~1000km round trip on GST road. I have mixed reviews for Yoko Earth 1.

Pros
Very silent on smooth tarmac
Very Grippy, Increases the Figo's dynamic further
Breaking improved a lot for sure. Highly recommended upgrade for ZXI/EXI/LXI especially for those who have complaints on breaking. This might also be due to upsize 185/65.
Took the car through some rough patches, despite noise, it gives better confident in handling over the rough surface.

Cons
On lesser asphalt road / broken tarmac the tyre is noisier.
On Wavy surface, the car behaves funnily for sure. It feels like the car dancing over the surface. This feel was not present in the crappy old MRF's for sure.
Old 17th April 2014, 23:02   #318
BHPian

Guys... I am still not able to decide between XM2 and Yoko Earth. I am planning to change my tires this weekend and your inputs are deeply appreciated.
Old 18th April 2014, 05:32   #319
BHPian

I have completed 53k on my MRFs and have some thread left. But i guess it is time for a upgrade. Need input on 2 things

1. Trying to decide between 195/60 and 185/65.

2. Would love to upgrade to Michelins or Yoko. However, i drive on many broken, half formed roads and mud roads. Is it still advisable to move to the softer tyres or should I stick with MRFs? Anyone have issues with softer tyres on bad roads? Tyre noise is not important to me.... But grip and durability is. I do both fast highway runs and really roads equally.

Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 08:11   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I have completed 53k on my MRFs and have some thread left. But i guess it is time for a upgrade. Need input on 2 things

1. Trying to decide between 195/60 and 185/65.

2. Would love to upgrade to Michelins or Yoko. However, i drive on many broken, half formed roads and mud roads. Is it still advisable to move to the softer tyres or should I stick with MRFs? Anyone have issues with softer tyres on bad roads? Tyre noise is not important to me.... But grip and durability is. I do both fast highway runs and really roads equally.

Thanks
For the amount of power & torque put out by the Figo (I am assuming your car is stock), 185/65R14 seems to be the best choice. IMHO, 195 section tyres is an overkill.

I have Bridgestone Potenza G3 on my Figo. They have held up well, no punctures in 22K kms, despite my driving on fairly bad roads frequently. Please do not go back to stock MRF ZV2K, they are hard and do not inspire confidence at speeds above 100kmph.
If you are driving frequently on bad roads, soft compound tyres or those with softer sidewall are best avoided.
When you are in Bangalore, for more advice on which tyre do consult with our resident tyre guru Nikhil, in Madhu's @Langford Road.
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:25   #321
BHPian

I had stock Apollos changed after 50k to Yoko Earth1 last week. Bought them at 4200 per piece. Initial impression is good and the ride is more comfortable now.

Will be going on a long trip in a couple of weeks and will post the highway behavior of the tires after the trip.
Old 11th June 2014, 22:02   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I had stock Apollos changed after 50k to Yoko Earth1 last week. Bought them at 4200 per piece. Initial impression is good and the ride is more comfortable now.

Will be going on a long trip in a couple of weeks and will post the highway behavior of the tires after the trip.
Were you able to make that trip? I am eager to know the results of the Highway performance of these tyres. I am due for a replacement and have a long trip in sight soon, waiting for the best possible shoes for my Figo prior to that.... especially with monsoon coming up, I am anxious to know if you have any feedback for them in wet conditions. Please advise.
vineet@bulbule is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 00:01   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
Were you able to make that trip? I am eager to know the results of the Highway performance of these tyres. I am due for a replacement and have a long trip in sight soon, waiting for the best possible shoes for my Figo prior to that.... especially with monsoon coming up, I am anxious to know if you have any feedback for them in wet conditions. Please advise.
Vineet, Sorry for the late update. Yes, the tires performed well. It has been around 3k kms since I swapped the tires and no issues so far. We drove through national highways, ghat sections and we encountered some slight to moderate rains as well. There was no drama anywhere and the increased GC is an extra advantage.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 09:36   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Vineet, Sorry for the late update. Yes, the tires performed well. It has been around 3k kms since I swapped the tires and no issues so far. We drove through national highways, ghat sections and we encountered some slight to moderate rains as well. There was no drama anywhere and the increased GC is an extra advantage.
Hi Satan's_valet!
Thank you for the quick response. I think you've helped narrow my choice to a large extent! Just one more quickie, how were the side walls holding up when you drove through the ghat section?
Regards,
Vineet
Old 12th June 2014, 13:45   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Satan's_valet!
Thank you for the quick response. I think you've helped narrow my choice to a large extent! Just one more quickie, how were the side walls holding up when you drove through the ghat section?
Regards,
Vineet
Sidewalls are strong. I was a little apprehensive before picking up the tires with the same doubts. But the tires exceeded my expectations.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:50   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Sidewalls are strong. I was a little apprehensive before picking up the tires with the same doubts. But the tires exceeded my expectations.
Brilliant!! I was stuck between C drive & Earth 1, and knowing C drive would soon be replaced by C drive 2, I think its better to go for Earth 1, as its a newer version of the A drives. Many thanks!
Old 12th June 2014, 15:21   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant!! I was stuck between C drive & Earth 1, and knowing C drive would soon be replaced by C drive 2, I think its better to go for Earth 1, as its a newer version of the A drives. Many thanks!
Yes. Go for Earth 1 if you cannot wait till C drive 2 is launched. You also get a free vacuum cleaner on the purchase of 4 Earth 1 tires.

P.S. - I am neither affiliated with Yokohoma nor trying to promote their products.

Edit: The message is hidden behind TBHP logo. You can check out the offer at http://www.yokohama-india.com/.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-yoko-earth-1.png  

Old 12th June 2014, 16:06   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Go for Earth 1 if you cannot wait till C drive 2 is launched. You also get a free vacuum cleaner on the purchase of 4 Earth 1 tires.
You are a life saver!!! I just found out and one of the dealers is quoting 4050/- with free fitting and the free vaccum cleaner. Do you think its a good deal?
Old 12th June 2014, 16:11   #329
BHPian

Quote:
You are a life saver!!! I just found out and one of the dealers is quoting 4050/- with free fitting and the free vaccum cleaner. Do you think its a good deal?
Does he also provide Wheel alignment and balancing? I got mine for 4200 per tire including alignment and balancing.
Old 12th June 2014, 16:21   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Does he also provide Wheel alignment and balancing? I got mine for 4200 per tire including alignment and balancing.
He is quoting 500/- extra for wheel alignment & balancing, but he will also be looking at my current set of tyres and may end up giving it for free in exchange for them!

Most Viewed