Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 00:02   #376
BHPian

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello,

I have been advised to change my figo stock tyres (4 years and ~40k kms). Based on suggestions above, I'm assuming I'll go for 185 section tyres but the price being quoted by the dealer in Hyderabad is 4500+ per Tyre for a bridge stone and a little less for good year tyres... sounds a lot. Should I try outside? If Yes, can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad?

Also, What's the life of stock battery?
I can't help you with price, but it might interest you to know that a friend of mine has been using 195/70R14 tyres on his Figo for the past few years with no complaint whatsoever (and yes I know they're huge). Just something for you to think about...
Old 15th December 2014, 06:42   #377
BHPian

Which company should I go for? Is Yokohama better than good year or bridgestone??
Old 15th December 2014, 20:21   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Which company should I go for? Is Yokohama better than good year or bridgestone??
bhappyharsha,
Since they are all reputed companies, it's not just which company but the specific tyre you're considering from that company that really matters.
In a 185 section width, I would personally go for the 185/70R14 size which is stock for the Swift / dZire / Ritz / Ertiga and offers MUCH better comfort and 'feel' compared to the stock size, besides proving to be a near perfect match for the speedo calibration. In this size, my order of preference would be:

Michelin Energy XM2
Bridgestone Turanza ER 60
Yokohama A Drive
Apollo Acelere

As far as I understand it, they are all tubeless tyres with an asymmetric tread design and an '88' load rating, affording the possibility of a lower inflation pressure. Personally, I do not suggest directional tyres.

As for your previous question regarding the life expectancy of a car battery, own experience tells me to be satisfied with anything between 18-30 months, with anything over 24 months being a bonus.
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 12:34   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany View Post
bhappyharsha,
Since they are all reputed companies, it's not just which company but the specific tyre you're considering from that company that really matters.
In a 185 section width, I would personally go for the 185/70R14 size which is stock for the Swift / dZire / Ritz / Ertiga and offers MUCH better comfort and 'feel' compared to the stock size, besides proving to be a near perfect match for the speedo calibration. In this size, my order of preference would be:

Michelin Energy XM2
Bridgestone Turanza ER 60
Yokohama A Drive
Apollo Acelere

As far as I understand it, they are all tubeless tyres with an asymmetric tread design and an '88' load rating, affording the possibility of a lower inflation pressure. Personally, I do not suggest directional tyres.

As for your previous question regarding the life expectancy of a car battery, own experience tells me to be satisfied with anything between 18-30 months, with anything over 24 months being a bonus.

Thanks Bharatsomany.

I am going to meet the service person tomorrow and will go for upsize (185/70). I am, however, not very sure if they have these brands you mentioned since the last time I spoke with someone there never talked about any of these brands.

Brdigestone was there and they quoted 4740 per tyre. I plan to change all 5 tyres. Good year and DuraPlus (A little above 4600 per tyre).

I will see if I get the Turanza there... If not, do you recommend I look for these tyres elsewhere or should I take Good Year or whichever is available?

Also, regarding the speedo calibration, I assume that I am driving faster than what it shows on speedo. Right?

If that is so, any specific suggestions to be careful? Most of my driving is in B2B traffic to and from work.
Old 19th December 2014, 13:35   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bharatsomany.

I am going to meet the service person tomorrow and will go for upsize (185/70). I am, however, not very sure if they have these brands you mentioned since the last time I spoke with someone there never talked about any of these brands.

If that is so, any specific suggestions to be careful? Most of my driving is in B2B traffic to and from work.
Suggest you try 185/65. Any particular reasons for going for a 70 profile?

A 65 profile does well to deal with the scraping under full load issue of the stock tyre.
Old 19th December 2014, 13:46   #381
BHPian

Most of the suggestions above are the reason for 70 profile. They add to GC may be? I always get a shock when I cross a speed breaker on full load. I'm a novice @ this....so, not sure which one fits the bill
Old 19th December 2014, 13:55   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the suggestions above are the reason for 70 profile. They add to GC may be? I always get a shock when I cross a speed breaker on full load. I'm a novice @ this....so, not sure which one fits the bill
I am running 185/65 on the stock alloys and the car does not scrape on full load conditions. Do give that a look also. And while you are at it check out the Earth 1's from Yoko too.

As to your other query I changed my battery at 60K km's yesterday.

Paid 3700 for a 45 Ah Amaron battery (under exchange).
Old 19th December 2014, 14:19   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I have been advised to change my figo stock tyres (4 years and ~40k kms). Based on suggestions above, I'm assuming I'll go for 185 section tyres but the price being quoted by the dealer in Hyderabad is 4500+ per Tyre for a bridge stone and a little less for good year tyres... sounds a lot. Should I try outside? If Yes, can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad?

Also, What's the life of stock battery?
Go either for the Michelin XM2+ or Yoko Earth 1, both in 185/65 R14.
They are almost at par, though Michelins would be a step ahead. Yokos might be cheaper, a colleague of mine just got them for his i20. Costed him 4200 per tyre.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:45   #384
BHPian

Thank you...I'll probably not go to the Ford dealer then. The prices are way too high....for battery, I was quoted 5.5-6.5 k for 2-3 years warranty. Tyres are also more.... the only benefit I'd get is free WA and WB
Old 19th December 2014, 16:18   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you...I'll probably not go to the Ford dealer then. The prices are way too high....for battery, I was quoted 5.5-6.5 k for 2-3 years warranty. Tyres are also more.... the only benefit I'd get is free WA and WB
Even in most of the tyre shops WA/WB will be free when you buy set of 4 tyres. Yes ASC cost you bomb for tyres and battery dont go to them. Recently i changed the battery and just out of curiosity asked ASC about the battery cost, they said they have two variant one with 2 yrs warranty and other with 4 yrs warranty costing ~5.5k and 6.5k respectively.
Called Amaron and got it replaced for 3.8k.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:37   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I am running 185/65 ...

Paid 3700 for a 45 Ah Amaron battery (under exchange).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Even in most of the tyre shops WA/WB will be free when you buy set of 4 tyres.
Called Amaron and got it replaced for 3.8k.
Could you please share the model number of the battery? My battery "supposed to be replaced" according to service center.

Plus I need to upgrade tyres in another 3-4K kms. Going through the thread, looks like Yokohama E1 is a good option. Any reviews on Bridgestone Turanza ER 60?
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:57   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Could you please share the model number of the battery? My battery "supposed to be replaced" according to service center.
Amaron Flo DIN 45

Quote:
Plus I need to upgrade tyres in another 3-4K kms. Going through the thread, looks like Yokohama E1 is a good option. Any reviews on Bridgestone Turanza ER 60?
I have swapped my OEM to Yoko E1 185/65 R14 at 28k ODO and now my ODO is ~37k. I got one of the tyre replaced on warranty due to leak. but its one off case. So far the tyre behaves very well and i have driven 800 km on a single day on mixed road conditions. It came out really well. Nice grip and free rolling. VFM tyre to me.
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:20   #388
BHPian

Quote:

Flo DIN 45

Ask the battery guy to take your old battery.

I paid 3700 for it BTW.

The Motorcraft battery provided by Ford is in fact an Amaron battery.
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:59   #389
BHPian

I've upsized to Yoko earth 1. 185/65 r14. Initial impressions are smoother ride.

They've recommended 33psi for the tyre pressure. Is it right?
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:56   #390
BHPian

Quote:
I've upsized to Yoko earth 1. 185/65 r14. Initial impressions are smoother ride.

They've recommended 33psi for the tyre pressure. Is it right?
Suggest 30 to 32.

I generally drive alone so I prefer 30 all around.

How much did you pay for the tires?

Most Viewed