Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2005, 17:01   #1
BHPian

PCD for a Mahindra Classic

Hi Guys,

Any one can help me to find the PCD for a Mahindra Classic.

When I went to get a new set of RIMs for my Classic, shope guy asked me about the PCD and how many bolts? I think Mahindra has got 5 Bolts? is it? Since I'm in gulf I can't make sure these things..

I Highly appreciate if you guys help me to know how can I solve this question???

One more doubts, regarding Stearing Wheel. Does all stearing wheels are keeping a universal standard in their fittings? Can I fix any car's stearing wheel to a Jeep? please advise on both questions...

tks/Sali

Last edited by Salikt : 5th October 2005 at 17:10.
Old 5th October 2005, 19:48   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey SalikT,

The PCD of the Classic wheels is 5.5" or 139 PCD. Yes, its a 5 hole design.

Dont go too small a steering wheel on the Classic as it has no power steering, and will make the steering incredibly hard.

GTO
Old 8th October 2005, 13:56   #3
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Thanks for the info.

BTW can you mail me some pics of your classic to my email address please.. (I can't see any images on this site since the imageshack.com has blocked here in Saudi). I think it will help me to get more ideas on my modifications!

tanks/Sali
Old 20th October 2005, 18:01   #4
BHPian

hi gto,i am very new to this site.and the main reason for being registered to this site is to talk with u regarding the MM classic.i am a gr8 fan of tht machine.as i live in hyderabad,i find very less number of them in my city.and i tried very much to convince them to sell their machines.but they r very die-hard fans of tht beast.so i wanted to take one and full fill my dream.i saved an amount of 1.35laks from my pocket money since 2 and half or 3 yrs.to get this one.so i dont find any of them in my city who r ready to sell.so can u help me to get one.i am ready to go to any place like bangalore,mumbai cities which r vey nearer to ours to get one.so gto pls help me.can u tell me r there any of classics for sale.last but not the least in my budget and if its a bit more than wht i saved.i can arrange tht sum.so pls let me know man.thk u.bye.
Old 20th October 2005, 18:34   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sankeerth

A Classic can be found only after a LOT of hard work. Owners that have extremely maintained examples will not be willing to part with them.

Prices that I have seen in Mumbai for average condition classics are between the 1.3 to 1.7 lac mark. I will PM you in case I come across one for sale.

One word of caution : In your search, beware of counterfeit Classics.

GTO
Old 20th October 2005, 18:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

GTO how do you tell a counterfeit Classic from a genuine one ?

Are there chassis numbers etc we should watch out for ? or any other pointers ?
Old 20th October 2005, 20:40   #7
BHPian

thks gto tht u immediately responded to my message.ok as u r the very senior member can u forward this message of mine regarding the finding of classic ,to all the other members and ur friends from other states.so tht i can get it soon.ok bye.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks