Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 10:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Road conditions in India are very different. Tires which run fine in developed countries(w.r.t infrastructure) can fail easily in conditions here.
The dealer himself is saying that warranty can be an issue. Moreover unless you get to inspect a tire done 20-30K kms, there is no way of telling how good are they.
For example, I got myself JK Elanzo since they were 3700 as oppossed to 5500 for apollo/MRF/Bridgestone etc.,
5000kms later, a visual inspection revealed lots of hairline cracks under the main tread.

So go ahead if you want to test the waters, but I suggest that after around 10,000kms of usage, get the tire off the rim and look inside. If there are no cracks and bulges, it means that the tires meet basic criteria, and are a good VFM option.

Also, before buying do check the speed rating of the tire. A low speed tire can be a disaster at high speeds.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Finally found a marangoni dealer near my house, he has huge stiockpiles but he warned me against it as he says warranty is a major issue with them and there are more than a couple of customers who complained of tyre bursts. Its scary, but again its always better to search around and get the feedback before building perseptions on hearsay and funny nametags.

Pramod
Old 7th June 2010, 07:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Finally found a marangoni dealer near my house, he has huge stiockpiles but he warned me against it as he says warranty is a major issue with them and there are more than a couple of customers who complained of tyre bursts. Its scary, but again its always better to search around and get the feedback before building perseptions on hearsay and funny nametags.

Pramod
A tyre burst? I didnt get such a feedback from my dealer, anyways if the source is genuine lets keep away from Marangoni. VFM can be considered only if safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks