Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 23:29   #16
BHPian

Re: OEM JK Tyre damaged. Maruti SX4 at 16000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjunkie View Post
Hey Adi.. Isnt 41k a little too early to change. Any ways i would suggest not to sell the stock spare as the same would be old and you wont get a good price despite the same being in a good / excellent position as it would largely unused. You might as well change the 4 mains and keep the spare as it is. Primacy / Yoko are good tyres but do take a look at Apollo as well.. 3k per tyre is a lot of money to save.
True 41K is way too early to change, moreover keeping in mind the condition they are in there is absolutely no need to change. BUT Sam incident has left some marks, maybe a new set of tires is not that expensive . Of course taking care of tires is the key.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:17   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjunkie View Post
I changed my stock JK vectra after 60k and a lot of road noise and exactly 11 punctures and a center line bend. .. I guess they still had some life in them but as i am planning a road trip in march end thought of changing them before hand.. Adding a pic of old as well as new tyres.

after a really long and confusing search and discussions and to and fro movement between 205/215/225 and michelin/ yoko/ bridgestone/apollo and for once even JK, decided to go to the tyre shop and take a call there....

Posting a pic of my odo on the day of tyre change..
Attached Thumbnails
OEM JK Tyre damaged. Maruti SX4 at 16000 kms-image279326161.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2017, 14:26   #18
BHPian

Folks, My SX4-Vxi has done 35000 on ODO and is around with us from 2009.
It is running on the good old stock tyres and never faced a puncture or a need to use spare wheel.
During the last service, we were advised to replace the tyres as they were getting brittle and are 8 years old.
What is the general recommendation ? Usual daily drive is 4 KM but we're planning a road trip sometime this month.
What are the options ?
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:32   #19
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Folks, My SX4-Vxi has done 35000 on ODO and is around with us from 2009.
It is running on the good old stock tyres and never faced a puncture or a need to use spare wheel.
During the last service, we were advised to replace the tyres as they were getting brittle and are 8 years old.
What is the general recommendation ? Usual daily drive is 4 KM but we're planning a road trip sometime this month.
What are the options ?
I believe 8 yrs is on the higher side. 35k is also decent numbers and I would recommend you to go ahead and change them. Tyres once become brittle wouldn't wear either and will give you the feel that you can run them for some more time. So its important to not get fooled by the 'looks' and rather get them changed.

Most Viewed