Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 21:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
If you have money to blow go ahead.
Do you do highway trips ? They are brilliant there and totally worth it.

My personal opinion is that on our cars these tyres take away the fun factor I prefer something with less grip for a bit of thrills
Nope does't have enough of it to do that.
Nope, I don't do highways on a regular basis and no plans to do so as mentioned in the previous post

That is good point - "fun" factor. Less grip on the road is not something I fancy but on track anything goes. Having said that I enjoy my corners the more grip the better. Last time I was literally reaching the limit of the tyre/car combo (for my limited skill anyway).

I spun twice no not for lifting off or braking mid corner but there was no grip left in the tyre and spun before touching the apex.
That was a good thing as I now know I need more grip. I don't mind doing that in the Zen I had. But this car is a new thing for me and have done around 700kms till now.

My question is simple AD07 will it be a helping hand for the suspension setup of an OHC which to begin with is nothing nice.

I'd have lowered, stiffened, after market dampers,FFE'd, ported and polished head and all that if I had another car to do my chores in (or rather the money to buy one). As I don't my life gets a bit complicated. Yes agreed its not ideal but hey go to live you know.

Last edited by yzfrj : 28th June 2010 at 21:40.
Old 29th June 2010, 00:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

A set of bfgoodrich Gforce sport/CPC2s etc will be more than enough for highway/city as well as the occasional trackday!

All the best with your decision!

Just for the record I don't run neovas on my car anymore neither do i intend to use them in the future on this or any other car with stock suspension. I've had waay more fun with my ES100s than with the three sets of neova's I've used on the baleno. Stock suspension just doesn't cut it on street or on the highways. These are my next set of tyres!

Track is a COMPLETELY different story

Last edited by binz : 29th June 2010 at 00:06.
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Drove bottle's palio yesterday(late night ~1am with no traffic) with AD07 and believe me the tyres have a new level of grip. I was taking turn at insane speeds at which my ES100's squeal away to glory, advans had no noise at all and according to bottle i was going slow

Really these are awesome tyre and believe me no suspension upgrade for that kind of money will give you that much increase in grip level. And the ride is as good as in my ES100.
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

^ you were pussyfooting around , the tyres can do a lot more.. heck even xm1 could do the speeds you did yesterday night
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:48   #20

Did U Get Ado7?

hI,
Brother did you manage to get the AD07? kindly let me know where can i get those tires ?? from ernakulam??

cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Nope does't have enough of it to do that.
Nope, I don't do highways on a regular basis and no plans to do so as mentioned in the previous post

That is good point - "fun" factor. Less grip on the road is not something I fancy but on track anything goes. Having said that I enjoy my corners the more grip the better. Last time I was literally reaching the limit of the tyre/car combo (for my limited skill anyway).

I spun twice no not for lifting off or braking mid corner but there was no grip left in the tyre and spun before touching the apex.
That was a good thing as I now know I need more grip. I don't mind doing that in the Zen I had. But this car is a new thing for me and have done around 700kms till now.

My question is simple AD07 will it be a helping hand for the suspension setup of an OHC which to begin with is nothing nice.

I'd have lowered, stiffened, after market dampers,FFE'd, ported and polished head and all that if I had another car to do my chores in (or rather the money to buy one). As I don't my life gets a bit complicated. Yes agreed its not ideal but hey go to live you know.
hi,

BRO, Where can i get AD07 for my honda city ? any outlet in kerala??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Riju, The AD07s in India are Made in Japan. You can check them by reading the stuff written on sidewall. It would very clearly be written, "Made in Japan" or "Made in xxxx"
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2010 at 17:23.
Old 24th August 2010, 16:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMBASTICGUY5 View Post
did you manage to get the AD07? kindly let me know where can i get those tires ?? from ernakulam??,
There are couple of shops in the NH-47 Bye-pass.
Its highly unlikely they will have it right away.

See this for a list of shops "certified" by other blokes on the forum.

Other Cities - Team-BHP

I did't go for AD07. I got myself Apollo Acceleres 195/60/14
Old 26th August 2010, 17:51   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are couple of shops in the NH-47 Bye-pass.
Its highly unlikely they will have it right away.

See this for a list of shops "certified" by other blokes on the forum.

Other Cities - Team-BHP

I did't go for AD07. I got myself Apollo Acceleres 195/60/14

how do u find the acelleres in terms of grip and handling??
Old 26th August 2010, 18:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
how do u find the acelleres in terms of grip and handling??
Initial impression is good. I've been using them for around 2k Kms now.

Ride quality has improved a lot and the car is a lot quiet now.
Wheel spin even at the slighted hint of the gas (in 1st and 2nd) has stopped.
The old set was so hard I could feel even small stones on the road, now I don't.
Tyre noise is there on less than perfect road but not too bad.
Grip feels decent.
Wet grip seems to be good.

The only thing I don't like is the car feels a bit bogged down at low revs.
If I give it the beans it goes still the old tyre spin gave it a bit more character i kinda miss that.

I did take this to the track. I was impressed with the way the tyres behaved. Hardly any tyre sequel. I was not going as I was supposed to since I was having some brake fade. Still I'm impressed with the grip the tyres generated.

I had a panic braking done once, was doing 3 digit speeds on a empty road around mid day. 2 drunk guys though it would be fun to brake test me as they jumped on to the road and literally "wobbled" around. Tyres took it pretty well. Thank god nothing happened to them or me.

These are Jack of all trades sort of tyres. Does't excel in anything. Pattern looks nice. I'd say go ahead and get them.

EDIT : I've seen them as OE tyres in i20. You have them on ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 26th August 2010 at 18:52.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:14   #24
BHPian

I agree with your review.
Acceleres are OE on i20 as well as the Fabia.
Jack of all, master of none.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

For a stock VTEC, AD07s are overkill. The suspension will give in easily, increasing body roll and unwanted weight transfer.

Apollo is good enough to do the job. I bet it will do well on track as well, if you keep it smooth and tidy.

Shan2nu
Old 26th August 2010, 22:17   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT : I've seen them as OE tyres in i20. You have them on ?

Yes,they are the stock tyres on my i20.Am somewhat not so comfortable with the wet grip.That's why asked you for a comparison.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks