Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 10:44   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: MRF Wanderer All-Terrain (not Sport)

OK, got it.

BTW, is 235/60 R16 available in MRF or any other?

Digital vampire tells me all the time that it's the right upgrade (and a must have) for the Tucson...
Old 30th August 2013, 21:25   #32
BHPian

Have been using the wanderers for a long time and I feel they are really roughed tyres. The noise is a little higher compared to BS or Michelin but not high enough to irritate. They look strong and give a nice profile to the beast.

I got them for 6.5k per tyre.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:05   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Have been using the wanderers for a long time and I feel they are really roughed tyres. The noise is a little higher compared to BS or Michelin but not high enough to irritate. They look strong and give a nice profile to the beast.

I got them for 6.5k per tyre.
I do not care about noise but worry about slush, gravel and pot holes. How do you rate the mRF?
Old 9th September 2013, 14:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasd75 View Post
I do not care about noise but worry about slush, gravel and pot holes. How do you rate the mRF?
I have not tested them in very deep slush, but they are good when it comes to gravel or pot holed roads of Mumbai and around.
Since they are really hard and strong, rough surfaces are not a big issue.

Best,
Old 10th September 2013, 11:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

So the Wanderer Sport gets good reviews overall. Do they come in the 225/60 size?
Would they fit the Duster? A friend wants to upgrade the stock ones with fatter shoes but wants to retain the excellent ride these MRF's offer. He doesn't want to venture into the Michelin and Yoko territory.
Old 16th September 2013, 11:01   #36
BHPian

My 6 year old Bolero SLE which came with Apollo Amazer XL has run 70K and is due for a fresh set of tyres (215/75R 15). I was looking at MRF Wanderer / Bridgestone Dueler / Apollo Hawkz. Maybe stick to Apollo Amazer itself since it's given me good mileage? My usage is 90% Bangalore "Tarred" roads whatever that means. Any suggestions?
Has anybody used www.changemytyre.com services?

Last edited by Torqy : 16th September 2013 at 11:03.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
My 6 year old Bolero SLE which came with Apollo Amazer XL has run 70K and is due for a fresh set of tyres (215/75R 15). I was looking at MRF Wanderer / Bridgestone Dueler / Apollo Hawkz. Maybe stick to Apollo Amazer itself since it's given me good mileage? My usage is 90% Bangalore "Tarred" roads whatever that means. Any suggestions?
Has anybody used www.changemytyre.com services?
Dear Torqy,
I have not utilized their services but use it extensively to check about the available options and some research. I find the site expensive compared to what we can get in out neighbouring tyre shop. But their zero EMI and guarantee options look tempting.

Regarding your question on tyres, if Apollo have served you well then why not stick to them. Peace of mind is what you will get ATB.

Best,
TheG2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 20:07   #38
BHPian

The MRF Shop in Banaswadi quoted Rs. 5500/- for MRF Wanderer 215/75 R15. Is that a good price?
Please let me know.

Thanks,

-- Torqy
Old 6th October 2013, 16:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
The MRF Shop in Banaswadi quoted Rs. 5500/- for MRF Wanderer 215/75 R15. Is that a good price?
Please let me know.

Thanks,

-- Torqy
Dear Torqy,

Yes, it is a good price. +100/-100 is the cost at most places. ATB!

Best,
TheG2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 16:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Some feedback on the MRF Wanderers from long-term users, please? I need a tyre change for the Yeti, and the price difference between the Wanderers and the Michelin AT is too large to dismiss - I could save a good Rs.12-15k+ for all 4 tyres.

Need grip, and a silent ride - I do a lot of high-speed runs so high-speed manners are definitely on top of my list. Very happy with the Michelins, except that they turned bald at about 24k kms, and spending almost Rs.50k on tyres every 25k kms does not make sense.

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th March 2014 at 16:34.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:09   #41
Team-BHP Support

On the Grand Vitara, I replaced Michelin LTX AT2 at 40,000 kms, with MRF Wanderers for lack of choice. Now I have completed 20,000kms with Wanderers and I am yet to notice the difference between Michelin and this tyre. I do two trips a month between Manipal and Bangalore, and never had any issue with these tyres. This is the first time I have bought an Indian make tyre, MRF has really surprised me.

I rarely ever cross 120kmph, until that speed I have seen very good grip, handling and silent ride. Mine is a full time 4WD, so your experience may wary.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Samurai, but I'm talking about expressway speeds - the tyres have to match the vehicle's ability to attain speeds. Your feedback is good, but high speed manners are critical.

How would you compare the noise levels with the Michelin?
Old 25th March 2014, 18:03   #43
Team-BHP Support

Not significantly higher than Michelins, or else I would have noticed.
Old 25th March 2014, 18:50   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thanks Samurai, but I'm talking about expressway speeds - the tyres have to match the vehicle's ability to attain speeds. Your feedback is good, but high speed manners are critical.

How would you compare the noise levels with the Michelin?
I have used MRF Wanderer for 6 months on my Tucson. Not good for express way speeds, neither for cornering. In my case, I had to buy it as I had lost 1 tyre in Ladakh and MRF was the only one available in Leh. I won't recommend. Yes, I agree the price difference is really tempting. If those 15k of saving will keep you happy over next 4 years, 40,000km, then go for it :-) But you will have to drive slowly :-)
Old 25th March 2014, 18:52   #45
Team-BHP Support

In last one and half years I did 30K on my Duster. Perfectly fine with the tyres. Be it the expressways or bad roads. I am quite satisfied with the performance. Of course I don't drive at crazy speeds on expressways or push it around the corners. For regular highway usage (if I may call it), I am perfectly fine with the performance.

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2014 at 18:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks