Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:12   #1
BHPian

My dilemma - Need help in Buying Used Alloys & Tires for my Swift

hey guys!!
a friend of mine recently called up and asked me if i wanted a set of 4 alloys with tyres for my swift.

he had imported these from Singapore more than a year back for his ride but then he sold his car, so its been lying in his garage ever since.. the tyres have never seen tarmac.. these are my doubts..

do i/will i face any problems in the future because the tyres have never been used?? the reason ive decided to buy them is because im getting them for a throwaway price and didnt want to lose the offer.. so changing tyres again doesnt make sense..

second, if i do face problems is it possible to fix it in anyway?? any shops in Chennai that could help me with this??

and third, in the pics attached below, you can see the wheel hub. please tell me if they will fit onto a swift..

also, where i live, the roads are quite bumpy, and i know the upsize is only going to make matters worse.. any tips/suggestions about maintenance, usage, right tyre pressure etc is welcome!!
thanks a lot guys!!
Attached Thumbnails
My dilemma - Need help in Buying Used Alloys & Tires for my Swift-dsc00017ow.jpg  

My dilemma - Need help in Buying Used Alloys & Tires for my Swift-dsc00019gi.jpg  

My dilemma - Need help in Buying Used Alloys & Tires for my Swift-dsc00016onk.jpg  

My dilemma - Need help in Buying Used Alloys & Tires for my Swift-dsc00015lc.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 01:54   #2
BHPian

These seem to be 195/50 R15. The correct upsize would probably be 195/60 R15. I would not buy tyres that have been lying about in a garage for a year. The alloys are not bad though. My knowledge of alloys is rather sketchy so I cant tell if these will fit on a Swift.
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:02   #3
BHPian

these are multi pcd alloys so they should fit just fine on your car.
as far as the tires are concerned i think you should just pickup the alloys and fit the right fit tires i.e 195/60 R15 for a better ride quality

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks