Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 11:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Does anyone know the stock steel rim width of the K10?

If its 4.5J, will the 165/60 R13 tyres fit the steel rims without any problems? Has anyone done this?
Old 29th September 2011, 22:42   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

@Shankar: Any updates on the tyre upgrade
Old 27th November 2011, 13:46   #33
BHPian

Can Anybody confirm the stock steel rim width ?
I am also planning to buy a 13" Alloy from Sai Mag wheels through online.
Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier
I am going for the gun metal finish for my alto K10.
Can anybody confirm whether the stock tyres would fit perfectly without any problem ?
Old 28th November 2011, 18:56   #34
BHPian

I just called Popular maruti ( Official dealer in trivandrum of Maruti) and confirmed that the width of the stock steel rims of alto K10 is 5 inches and the alloys they sell is of 5.5 inch. They assured me that it would be fine to go alloys with stock 155/65 R 13 tyres.

Since I am yet to confirm the offset of the alloys. Anyways I am thinking that since my ride is pretty new ( only almost 1200 km ) I would just wait till it clocks 3 k and then change my rims to alloys. I do not want to disturb the engine getting setting down and mileage because I messed up my alloy installation.
Old 1st December 2011, 16:16   #35
BHPian

I don't know if it is appropriate, but I have recently changed my Alto VXi tyres. Was running Michelin xm1 155/65 r13 on alloys. the tyres ran fro 35K kms. Improper alignment and lack of tyre care killed the tyres prematurely. In the beginning the tyres had superb grip, however they felt quite heavy.

The last 5K kms saw the tyres becoming very noisy and uneven leading to a very poor ride.

Now having fixed the front suspension and other stuff, I was looking out for a tyre change and we had the apollo accelere in mind or bridgestone. I wanted to stick to the same size as i think its perfect for this car.

Went Sri Vaari Aligners Coimbatore, chanced upon Pirelli P4 Four Seasons in the same size. He also suggested Yokos sized 155/70 r13. Wasnt sure of the size change, so tuck to Pirellis. Was slightly apprehensive as a tbhp search gave me only one car shod with these tyres.

I was quoted 3250/tyre and alignment, valves were thrown in for free.

First Impressions-

Obviously the change from the worn out michelins was immense.

However the tyre felt lighter, the steering was much lighter. Also, road noise has drastically reduced - i can actually hear my engine!

However, I am not sure if its right but when compared to the bridgestones B250 stock tyre on my manza, these pirellis are super quiet.

Coming to performance, within hours of fixing the tyres, we made a trip from CBE to SBC, and within 30 minutes we were caught in the worst rains we've ever seen. This was last Monday when TN was reeling under the heavy rains.

The tyres performed ably, never aquaplaning and we were very confident as the kms grew.

Overall, having taken a risk, I feel these pirelli's are very good. Will upload the photos of the tyre soon.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:02   #36
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to go for an Alto K10 Vxi.

The stock tyres coming with the new car at MRFs. I wanted to upgrade to better tyres. On browsing through the forum, I found that Michelin XM1 and Apollo Acelere were pretty decent for handling and road grip.

However, visited a dealer today and was told about Goodyear DuraPlus. He claimed that the tyre allowed for better grip and handling as well as longevity of the tyres. He was quoting Rs. 3100 per tyre.

Has anybody got some experience with DuraPlus? A review on tbhp gave out mixed reactions. Any other tyres recommended for the Alto K10?
I am going to put in alloys and plan to keep the stock size (no upsizing) as I heard that with a full load, the tyres touch the body.

Any inputs would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
The stock tyres coming with the new car at MRFs. I wanted to upgrade to better tyres. On browsing through the forum, I found that Michelin XM1 and Apollo Acelere were pretty decent for handling and road grip.

Has anybody got some experience with DuraPlus? A review on tbhp gave out mixed reactions. Any other tyres recommended for the Alto K10?
you already have the answers! apollo acelere, Yokohama A Drives, michelin XM1+ and Bridgestone ER60 are the most recommended and trusted tyres at teamBHP. the first two being economical and the latter two somewhat expensive.
DuraPlus is a low end tyre basically targeted at taxis. Probably not so good on comfort and grip.
Old 4th February 2012, 18:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
you already have the answers! apollo acelere, Yokohama A Drives, michelin XM1+ and Bridgestone ER60 are the most recommended and trusted tyres at teamBHP. the first two being economical and the latter two somewhat expensive.
DuraPlus is a low end tyre basically targeted at taxis. Probably not so good on comfort and grip.
Thanks guptavis! I am finally planning the Aceleres... more value for money

OT: Was in Chandigarh yesterday, Sector 18 -19 & 35. The alloy and tyre shops in the 18 - 19 sector have an awesome selection. Wish we had something like Bansal Auto Zone in Noida.

Cheers!
Old 7th February 2012, 02:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
OT: Was in Chandigarh yesterday, Sector 18 -19 & 35. The alloy and tyre shops in the 18 - 19 sector have an awesome selection. Wish we had something like Bansal Auto Zone in Noida.
i think you mean sector 28-29 :P
ya its good. but i thought you probably have bigger shops in NCR.
Old 7th February 2012, 08:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
i think you mean sector 28-29 :P
ya its good. but i thought you probably have bigger shops in NCR.
My Bad! I guess it was sector 28 - 29.

I guess Delhi & Gurgaon may have better places, but I have gone to the usual haunts in Noida and have yet to find a shop with extensive range and well designed showrooms.

Anyways, coming back to the thread, I have finally decided to pick up Apollo Aceleres at Rs. 2700. Car scheduled for delivery on Sunday!
Old 13th February 2012, 18:02   #41
BHPian

I just wanted to quote a little personal view on the topic. Apologies in advance if I offend anybody.

I was running with stock tyres and stock rims on my alto K10. And I wanted to upgrade to alloys for better performance. Also wanted to upgrade the tyres but due to budget it was out of picture.

This is my first car and it clocked around 2.5k kms. Sure the tyres make noise but Do I really want to spend 16k for the noise? Well for me, no. I am sure upgrading the tyres will have its benefits. But that doesn't mean the stock tyres are bad. I recently had to drive about a 100 kms in heavy rain at around 80 kmph and I have to say the tyres performed great and I felt safe at the speed even while cornering.

I feel like stock tyres and stock rim are fine for now and will hold the performance for more thousands of kilometers. I still wanted to go for alloys when I get the budget for it, for I have to say the only reason why I wanted to go for alloys is for looks only.

Once again its just my personal view and I am not trying to give advice or anything here.
Old 10th March 2012, 23:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Currently running 175/60 R 13 A 539's and want to upgrade to the 14's.
Also, how wide a rim would i need to mount these a 14 x 5.5j or a 14 x 6j. any other appropriate tyre sizes would also be appreciated.

BoOM!!
You made a tire upgrade before you planned to change your steel rims to alloys, is it? I'm planning to upgrade to a similar spec tire. Have the Potenza GIII in mind, but I don't find your spec on the Yokohama India website, seems like your spec is not available for sale now. How do you feel the vehicle's cornering abilities have improved? With the understeer it has got now, I so badly want to minimize it by upgrading the tires to the right size . And, did you make the alloy upgrade? I've also wanted to make it to the 14", but with what I hear, I feel going for it would only be risky
Old 7th April 2012, 00:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Do the following brands offer sizes for the K10 (stock 155/65-13). Blr Prices?

XM2
Conti Eco Contact 5
Conti Eco Contact 3
Old 8th April 2012, 12:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Could the people who have shifted to alloys post the alloy and tire details, and whether there is any clearance problems. With both 155/65 R13 and 165/60 R13s.

On a related note, does anyone have the offset values for the OE steel rims used by most manufacturers. WIL website is remarkably uninformative.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 4th August 2014, 08:46   #45
BHPian

Folks, bumping this thread. I need to change my stock tires on my k10 (bridgestone 155 65 r13). The guys at tire empire are suggesting michelins XM2 165/65 r13. I drive to work on dangerously potholed roads everyday and i am worried the upgraded tire might scrape the wheel well.
The tyre empire guys also dont have buy back for my old tires. They r quoting 3600 per tyre for the new michelins.

Any suggestions? How good are the XM2s? There are mixed reviews on side wall tears and punctures.

Last edited by veyron_head : 4th August 2014 at 08:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks