Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 10:30   #1
BHPian

HELP: Bad Quality '69' Alloy Wheels (Bombay Tyres)

Guys i really need ur help here !!

i had bought '69' Chrome alloy wheels from Bombay Tyres (Ravneet / vicky) around 2 months back.

while just giving a check towards them today, i found lots of chrome finish chipping from the alloy wheels.

i mean like in 3 out of 4 alloys one could see the deterioration or chipping of chrome plating from the spokes area of the alloy wheel.

i called Bombay tyres today to mention about the bad quality of the alloys, but the dealer as well as the distributor instead said to me, its because as it`s raining its normal wear and tear and the alloys themselves are built in such a way that the spokes remain outside of the wheel section and are easily susceptible towards such chipping !

now u guys tell me whether what they are saying is right ? or wrong ?

please note that only the chrome plating is being chipped while there is no sign of a physical damage being caused to the alloy wheel.

still the person says to me, he cant help me with that...

so now should i forget my hard earned 17k or fight for the same ?

more update

i also talked to the distributors for the same '69' alloys called as Punjab Tyres situated @ Navi Mumbai.

they were the ones who actually gave me these stupid reasoning while Bombay Tyres Guy just went with the same words these distributors threw at me.

Punjab Tyre`s guy actually said to me as the Spokes are on the little bit outside of the alloys, 'I' have been hitting them here and there loosing the chrome plating in the process.

I told him, that this is not the only car that i have nor this is the only chrome alloys i`ve fitted ever.. then he says " Sir but the design is different and u`ve only chosen it" (spokes are out on this one). I just felt like tearing my hair apart after hearing such BS.

i waited outside their shop for like 15 minutes with no one to attend after the above ordeal, then the guy came out and said to me, drive for more 15 days, if more chipping occurs then only we shall look into it...

i was like, why wait for more, did u wait to collect the money ?

and what if no more chipping occurs should i just forget the Monies that i`ve invested in this piece of s--t ?

they made really awkward face and i`d to leave :(

dont know what i should do now ? someone please help me here !

Team BHP.. i NEED UR HELP

btw
the warranty is for 1 year

shall attach the pics of the same by evening :(

Last edited by Arihant.EXE : 24th August 2010 at 10:33. Reason: Corrected the Title
Old 24th August 2010, 21:55   #2
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2010 at 21:00.
Arihant.EXE is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th August 2010, 22:08   #3
BANNED

Chipping of chrome is not normal, if chrome gets chipped due to rain or water, then no one will buy chrome alloys, its 100% manufacturing defect, and it should not chip unless you scratch over an wall or pedestrian pathway etc, or under extreme heat ( it may not happen normally, unless the tyre is burnt with petrol)

dont drive for another 15 days as suggested by the seller, post the picture as soon as possible. Just ask for refund or get an another set of non-chrome alloy, if he is not ready to refund, but if both options doesnt work go to consumer court, if you have bill and warranty card.
Old 24th August 2010, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

A high probability of inferior quality Hard Chroming process being used to Chrome these wheels resulting in Chipping, a common phenomena when Chinese wheels are in picture and the '69' name has never been heard, I would even refrain from calling it a brand. It's a pure case of bad quality alloys, which at first should be dealt by Bombay Tyres as they're stocking such inferior products.
Old 25th August 2010, 00:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
A high probability of inferior quality Hard Chroming process being used to Chrome these wheels resulting in Chipping, a common phenomena when Chinese wheels are in picture and the '69' name has never been heard, I would even refrain from calling it a brand. It's a pure case of bad quality alloys, which at first should be dealt by Bombay Tyres as they're stocking such inferior products.

even i believed so, but guess what, the guy at bombay tyres is just telling me to consult with the distri i.e punjab tyres and proceed with their recommedations !

i think i may have just lost my hard earned 17 thousand Rupees... can anyone from here help me with personally talking to that guy from Bombay Tyres ? (who might know him) ??
Old 25th August 2010, 04:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
i think i may have just lost my hard earned 17 thousand Rupees... can anyone from here help me with personally talking to that guy from Bombay Tyres ? (who might know him) ??
Please post pictures. Also if your case is genuine, then you should not have any problem in talking to the guy personally. IMO, 'Knowing' the guy will not help matters. Also, its best that you handle this situation on your own, with expert suggestions from t-bhp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks