Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2005, 20:59   #1
BHPian

Alloy+Tyre Combo for indica Turbo v2

hello all,

need your advise on upgrading wheels / tyres on new indica.

I did make a search but got a bit confused with the wide range of numbers thrown around. Also the older Indicas accept different rim sizes. Plus, i also need inputs from you guys regarding the prices, which is why I started a new thread. So kindly bear with me.

1. ALLOYS

I was under the impression initially that the new Indica Turbo came with alloys. However both the DLG and the DLX do not come with alloys.

I want the same alloys pictured in the new Indica ads/website/brochure. These are made by Aura. These are 6-spoke 14" alloys. The new Indica Turbo default rim size is also 14".

Dealer says :
Set of 5 (Aura 14" used in the Indica ads) in exchange for the factory-fitted wheels will cost Rs.17,000. Later on went to a tyre shop. Friendly elderly Sardarji mentioned that if an alloy design is supplied by Aura as OEM to TATA then it might not be available in the open market. He provided a quote for another Aura design (5-spoke 14") at Rs.16,000 for a set of 5 with no exchange.

Kindly advise if the dealer's quote is okay. I am not keen on going for imported alloys.

2. TYRES
I was thinking of upgrading to tubeless tyres. Same Sardarji mentioned that if the Indica comes factory fitted with Bridgestones, then he will exchange for Bridgestones tubeless @ 1750 per tyre. However if the factory fitted ones are Goodyear or JK, then the exhange price will be higher.

The factory fitted ones are 165X65 R14.
The ones he is recommending (giving in exchange) are 175X60 R14

Kindly advise if this size is okay, considering the following:
  1. I do not want any speedometer / odometer error.
  2. I do not want to risk voiding the suspension warranty or causing undue stress on the suspension.
  3. I would like slightly broader tyres as compared to the factory-fitted ones, but not those kind that extrude out of the wheel well beond the arches.
  4. I'd preferably like them on the quieter side.
  5. I'd prefer the "bi-directional" tyres as oppsed to the "unidirectional"(?) tyres.
  6. Grip/handling should not reduce from default setup.
Also will this tyre change (broader tyres) affect F.E a lot ?? Or should I stick to the same size ??

However, if you feel the tubeless upgrade can wait until later, then I will stick with the default tyres and just upgrade to alloys for the time being.

Kindly mention tyre brand/model and sizr number so that I can go armed with specific information on what exactly i want.

thanks in advance,

ciao,
hell_rider

Last edited by hell_rider : 21st November 2005 at 21:09.
Old 22nd November 2005, 10:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

the best upsize would be 185/60r14...

for rim sizes see this,http://www.tongseng.com.hk/Page/Product/G3.html#14inch
Old 22nd November 2005, 15:22   #3
BHPian

14" Aura alloys - 17k is the same price quoted by my Tata dealer back in Feb.
I got my 13" Aura (set of 5) for 14k which some have said is expensive...I guess would be slightly cheaper outside...But I didnt want the hassle of taking the car/finding shops etc and related waste of time and I also was keen on Indian brand with warranty for alloys.

seems like good enough to me but its upto you completely.....I would suggest that you keep the 165 tyres for the moment as they provide enough grip for a 67bhp car.

In case you really do wanna upsize satya has given the matches above.
Old 22nd November 2005, 15:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

I am running 185/60R13 instead of 165/65R13 stock. But mine are directional. You could go in for the ducaro range in 185/60, I am using that as my spare wheel, or bridgestone. You will not get any noticable speedo error with 185/60(After all how much difference will 3mm make!)
Old 12th January 2006, 16:58   #5

Abhay

13" Aura (set of 5) for 14k is very much as Last year in march2005 the dealer in noida quoted rs10k for set of five......
Old 12th January 2006, 17:14   #6
BHPian

Dunlop

Try Dunlop SP Sport 9000. But they are directional.Really good tires and available in 14". In B"lore cost for each is around 3.9-4K.
Cheers
Old 12th January 2006, 18:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

You have to use 14" on turbo
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:51   #8
BHPian

okay guys...

reviving this thread after a long time. basically, my csar will be going in for the fourth free service on Monday, and following that I intend to do the alloy / tyre upgrade.

Tyres will most probably be potenza g3s 185/60/r14. but i am also thinking apollo acceleres should be enough. what say ??

with respect to alloys...have a couple of queries.

have narrowed down to two models,
aura - model - CH 450 FFM / BP (Front Face Machines / Black Pocket) 14 X 5.5
neo - model - Titan SM 14 X 6

PCD is okay at 108. but the neo is 14 X 6 while the aura is 14 X 5.5

Which is more appropriate or rather the safer choice ?? the dealer is recommending aura. and he says 5.5 is better than 6. also he says aura quality is better.

I do not have the offset values as of now.

Can someone please inform me on the default offset and hub diameter on the indica turbo ??

I've reading up on these alloy threads , and I realise its better to be safe than sorry later, so would like to get the figures and specs right.

thanks in advance folks.

ciao,
hell_rider

Last edited by hell_rider : 23rd June 2007 at 22:59.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:25   #9
BHPian

guys,

can i have your inputs please ??

I have been given 2 different offset values for the Indica Turbo by 2 different dealers...38 and 43. which is the correct one ??

also which rim size is better suited ?? 14 x 5.5J or 14 x 6J ??

thanks guys.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a Red indica with these aura alloys & it looked terrific. I will get back with the model numbers.

couldn't see it on their website. From your description, sounds like the same
Quote:
aura - model - CH 450 FFM / BP (Front Face Machines / Black Pocket) 14 X 5.5

Last edited by esteem_lover : 27th June 2007 at 13:51.
Old 27th June 2007, 19:45   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I have seen a Red indica with these aura alloys & it looked terrific. I will get back with the model numbers.

couldn't see it on their website. From your description, sounds like the same
yeps...esteem_lover.

I had zeroed down on two models,
CH450 FFM/BP
G21455 FFM/BP

The CH450 does look awesome. It should certainly look good on a red Indica. I am only doubtful if it will suit my silver Indica, as the hyper silver finish is much shinier than the car's silver finish.

However, I will have to go for one of the two as even the TATA service center mentioned that Aura matches the Indica and not Neo as 5.5J width rims are required.

The service advisor recommended any Aura 14 x 5.5J model with 185/60/14 tyre.

So looks like it will be one of the two.

Guys...

your opinions please...which of the above would better suit a silver Indica ??

Last edited by hell_rider : 27th June 2007 at 19:48. Reason: added image
Old 28th June 2007, 01:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

the second one in the pics looks killer

but before choosing tell the dealer to mount the rim so you can have a better look

i always do it i mount rim and then see if it suits the car
Old 30th August 2007, 15:11   #13
BHPian

hi guys, any suggestions on alloys for xeta. thinking of getting 14". now need to know whether the car is compatible with these and what is the price.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
okay guys...

PCD is okay at 108. but the neo is 14 X 6 while the aura is 14 X 5.5

Which is more appropriate or rather the safer choice ?? the dealer is recommending aura. and he says 5.5 is better than 6. also he says aura quality is better.

hell_rider
As far as 185/60 R14 is concerned 5.5J or 6J both are equally good.
Old 21st May 2008, 09:19   #15
BHPian

what about the same factory fitted size?

I am getting a Indica turbo dlx this week and just want to change to tubeless. I'm not very enthu about changing to alloys or widening it..

My question is: Since I'm anyway going for a new set of tires, does it make sense to buy a wide one? The factory fitted comes with 165/60R14. I don't want to disturb the factory fitted size because I believe this size would have been chosen as the best after research/testing by the company.

Will wider ones cause damage to FE or any other criteria?

So if just go for tubeless which brand do you guys suggest. I need the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks