Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2005, 16:42   #31
BANNED

Sam, This is the best part about bhpians and I'm sure u read the ' Thank You ' post by Rtech too. Its gud to know that friendships have been formed over the forum . I also have planned a trip to my back yard around the 9th so that I'm there when u come. You can maybe suggest a audio set up for me , though i'm not much into music. lol

As for as the tips about hill driving .... call me and I'll give you some that u will never forget.

When do u arrive in Delhi, maybe meet up over a CHilled Beer ......

cheers
Old 25th November 2005, 17:07   #32
Team-BHP Support

You're right Sam, this place rocks! But, don't depend on Khaadu for those beers! He came to bombay in jan, and after a 100 calls and fixing the place we were suppose to meet (the drag race), the bugger calls to say he's heading off to the airport! lol!!

Then again, I never met him at the Delhi rally too last year. But I did leave my calling card on his car
Old 25th November 2005, 17:26   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
You're right Sam, this place rocks! But, don't depend on Khaadu for those beers! He came to bombay in jan, and after a 100 calls and fixing the place we were suppose to meet (the drag race), the bugger calls to say he's heading off to the airport! lol!!

Then again, I never met him at the Delhi rally too last year. But I did leave my calling card on his car
I know ... just a situation where I ran up a huge bill for fixing up but in the end due to a problem just cudn't . Next time Rtech, I just might as well shack up with u if u have a spare room .lol

And ur calling card was even better ... I spoke with u though none of us realised who the other was !! I've actually met u once before that too .. at the go karting meet in Gurgaon and you were grumbling about my entry as I made a last min entry... I kinda detested u then but that was prior to becoming a bhpian.

Sam, lets not go by History ... I'll definitely meet up with !!!

cheers
Old 25th November 2005, 18:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75

When do u arrive in Delhi, maybe meet up over a CHilled Beer ......
Chilled beer? Here navin is offering me his jackets and advising thermal underwear and you want to have a chilled beer? ahahahaha
Talk about taking the cold for granted. Nahi baba, chilled beer = goa
Whisky = North India in december
Old 25th November 2005, 18:22   #35
Team-BHP Support

Well guys any idea when are you making to delhi, It will be good time to meet up. Looks like this weekends meet idea will be a flop with just me and bigB voting!
Old 25th November 2005, 19:40   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Chilled beer? Here navin is offering me his jackets and advising thermal underwear and you want to have a chilled beer? ahahahaha
Talk about taking the cold for granted. Nahi baba, chilled beer = goa
Whisky = North India in december
Hey, U arnt headed to the NOrth Pole , and I wud have recomended thermals if you were doing this journey on a bike but in the car you don't need thermals ... atleast not in the stretch that you doing. Heavy jacket and cardigans is Ok and maybe a pair of gloves if you want to , but that too u can do without .

Chilled Beer = 365 days .. !!! As for the alcohol, its bloody expensive in Himachal so if you planning on consuming just a few bottles carry them with u. ...

cheers
Old 26th November 2005, 04:12   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've actually met u once before that too .. at the go karting meet in Gurgaon and you were grumbling about my entry as I made a last min entry...

Hahahaha! Thats so Rtech....

Sam, this trip sounds awesome man!... i hope you plan to post all the pictures from your pro-photographer family's pics.

cya
R
Old 26th November 2005, 09:50   #38
Team-BHP Support

hehehe! That'll teach you to sign up on time for the next event!
Old 26th November 2005, 10:46   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
hehehe! That'll teach you to sign up on time for the next event!
Lol... That actually was the last time I signed up for a Go Karting meet .... It was a pain trying to handle those karts as my driving style is not suited for it , specially with those powerful karts, I was busy trying to do it side ways, Rally style and that wud never give me a gud timing . So except for fun week end with friends I just refuse to get into a kart.

Yes, Next time I will try signing up for all events well in time .... Wudn't want 'ATTITUDE ' again !!!!

cheers
Old 26th November 2005, 10:51   #40
Team-BHP Support

I think I remember you guys. about 3-4 of you'll came in after things were almost done. Yea, you're bound to get attitide after we spend 2 days in 45 degree heat dealing with the "always polite" Delhi crowd

but, we digress...
Old 26th November 2005, 10:59   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey, U arnt headed to the NOrth Pole , and I wud have recomended thermals if you were doing this journey on a bike but in the car you don't need thermals ... atleast not in the stretch that you doing. Heavy jacket and cardigans is Ok and maybe a pair of gloves if you want to , but that too u can do without .
Sam is ona photo shoot. he wont be in the car all the time. I lived in the hills in MA, VT, NY and wind chill can get temps below 0 deg F.

BTW I never used thermals. They are usually made from synthetic materials that give me a rash. Sam get a monkey cap and you loose 70% of your heat from your head. And keep you chest warm. I also carry a neck muffler as I get a sore thorat pretty fast.
Old 26th November 2005, 11:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Sam, this trip sounds awesome man!... i hope you plan to post all the pictures from your pro-photographer family's pics.

cya
R
Hi Rehaan,
The family is all pro photo...but this is not a work trip. The brother in law just loves to shoot and the father is retired but dying to try his new lens lol.
I will be happy to post the photos, but dont expect these guys to perform at their commercial best (if you know what i mean)
Especially when there is no money to be earned and one has to shoot in the bone chilling and testicle-shrivelling cold...
(oh i'm good arent i?)

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 26th November 2005 at 11:19.
Old 26th November 2005, 11:18   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As for the alcohol, its bloody expensive in Himachal so if you planning on consuming just a few bottles carry them with u. ...
cheers
Aha - jotting down important additions to my survival kit. Cutty and Smirnoff.
Old 15th December 2005, 14:30   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi!

I'm back. RT, thank you so much. Khaadu, Sideways, bigman and everyone else, thank you lots. Didn't need to use the chains as it hasnt yet snowed. There was little bit, but not enough to justify chains. But better safe than sorry.
Thanks once again.
Mods, you can close this thread if you choose to, thanks.
Old 15th December 2005, 14:33   #45
Team-BHP Support

Welcome back Sam.

Thread locked as per your request.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed