Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 00:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Jayanth, i seriously doubt whether our car's shock absorbers are of good quality or are sub-standard?
Well, my rear shocks (both) conked out at ~17k KM, and were replaced on warranty. Oil leak.
Old 12th September 2010, 12:33   #32
BHPian

Its time to change the tyres of my car. Have CPC2s in 195 size on my car now. Am desperately looking around for Hankook Ventus RS2/RS3. Dont mind driving down to Bangalore for them.

The CPC2s were great tyres, decent on dry and brilliant on wet roads. I had so much confidence that I drive faster on wet than dry now

Where can i get the Hankooks? I will go for 205 this time.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:54   #33
BHPian

I finally went for 195/55/15 CPC2s at Rs. 4575/- per tire. Fitted them last Saturday. Advans were not available, I waited for a week to see if I can get hold of them.

I am taking it easy as the tires are new, but here is the initial impression from the 3 days of driving around:

The good:
- Steering feel much lighter now
- Ride quality is much much better
- Road noise has gone down significantly especially on rough / broken roads
- Tramlining has reduced significantly (I still have to test this at higher speeds on highway)

The bad:
- Breaking distance seems to have increased (I can't be sure of this, this may also be due to the fact that the tires were brand new when I noticed this)
- Steering feedback has reduced. With PP2s the steering felt much more direct and used to react with smallest of inputs.
- Overall the sharpness in handling has reduced. It feels almost sedate now.

I will update my impression after a highway run this weekend.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:56   #34
BHPian

After spending about 3 weeks and one Pune-Nasik-Pune highway drive with the new tires I must say that I am mighty impressed with the CPC2s. Following are my observations:

- Much much better ride. Wify is very happy with the new tires.
- Road noise has reduced significantly. Especially on rough roads.
- Tramlining has reduced significantly. I feel much more comfortable and confident while driving on patchy roads at high speeds.
- Dry grip is almost as good as PP2s. There may be little reduction in grip but nothing noticeable. Considering I have also gone down to 195 width, this seems quiet impressive to me.
- Wet grip is excellent. I didn't notice any reduction in grip when it suddenly started raining on my way back from Nasik to Pune. I was able drive at same speeds without feeling any kind of discomfort.
- Handling and sharpness of the car have gone down by a little bit. Nothing to cause any worry but I do miss the riding-on-rails like feeling with the PP2s. This was expected because the higher profile of tires. Somebody give me something to improve Getz's handling.

Overall, I am happy with the tire change and I highly recommend the CPC2s.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Somebody give me something to improve Getz's handling.
Simple. Get the Monroe rear dampers.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Prajesh - Are you running these on your Getz? I am assuming Yes, please post some more details - how much these cost and the perceived improvements. How are these different from stock? Do they offer a firmer ride? I am really interested.
Old 15th October 2010, 17:21   #37
BHPian

Update from my side: The breaking distance has definitely gone up i.e. grip has gone down. Strange thing is that I did not feel this on my highway drive. I only observed this while doing short speed bursts in city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Prajesh - some more details please . And why only rear dampers?
Old 21st October 2010, 01:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Vabs - Fronts not available, only rears are available.
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:21   #39
BHPian

If I have to sum up my experience after the tire change in one sentence; "Life is much more comfortable with the CPC2 but wheres all the fun gone?"

I am exaggerating off-course, but you get the idea.

@iraghava, Prajesh, any idea who can source the Monroes in pune / mumbai?
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:20   #40

hello

i'm running maxxis za-1 205/r16's on my getz crdi.. blasted past the express way at 170 constant on long stretches.. my car felt absolutely planted.. even on wet roads.. as well as dry - wet transitions..
Old 27th October 2010, 03:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Vaibhav - Talk to Pete's directly, they'll deliver to your door step.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:42   #42
BHPian

For Monroes talk to peter but i guess you made a wrong choice of Tyre for a rocket hatch that getz is. I would have gone for hankook rs2 or neovas or ps3

CPC2 is a horrible set your braking distances would be almost 1.3 times more than in pp2 i have personally experienced it in my skoda
Old 11th November 2010, 18:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Vaibhav - Talk to Pete's directly, they'll deliver to your door step.
Yes will do, I am relocating to Bangalore in couple of months, will do this after settling there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
CPC2 is a horrible set your braking distances would be almost 1.3 times more than in pp2 i have personally experienced it in my skoda
This is true. The breaking distance has gone up. I wouldn't say its inadequate but you certainly feel it after moving from PP2. Next time I change tires I will sure go back to a more performance oriented tire.
Old 7th December 2012, 13:36   #44
BHPian

Re: What should be worthy successor for PP2 on my GetzD

Time to change the tires again.
My current set has completely worn out and I am afraid to take the car out for long drives. GetZD has just completed 50K kms.

I am not happy with my experience with Conti CPC2. Compared to Michline PP2s that I had earlier, CPC2s have significantly lower dry grip. Wet grip is also not that impressive. PP2s used to work like a charm in wet, almost as if there is no water. Turn-ins also were much sharper with PP2s.

I also think that my choice of tire size was less than ideal. So I am planning to switch back to 205/50/15 or go for 195/50/15.

I want to either go for Michline PS3 or Yoko AD07/08 but they don't seem to be available in these sizes.

Guys, please suggest where to find these tires in Bangalore(I stay near Bellandur/Sarjapur rd). Also tell me if there are any worthy candidates that I should be looking for.

Looking forward to your suggestions.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:44   #45
BHPian

Re: What should be worthy successor for PP2 on my GetzD

I am unable to find either Michline PS3 or Yoko Advans in 15" size. I checked 3 different dealers and online portal changemytyre.com.
Only options that I am seeing in 205/50/15 or 195/50/15 are Yoko S.Drive, A.Drive, Bridgestone Potenza G3.

Please advice guys. I know Prajesh is successfully using A.Drives but they are not really performance tires.
Also don't want to go for S.Drives as I have heard they are not that good on wet traction.

Changemytyre.com has Kumho KU31 listed in 205/50-R15 size but i don't know anything about this brand. Is this worth considering?

Thanks for your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks