Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Tyres for Scorpio CRDE

Hi Guys,

The new scorpio ccrde comes fitted with 23570R16 JK elanza tyres. I find these not so good as far as ride quality is concerned. What is the right size/brand to upgrade to and which are available as tubeless??
Old 6th December 2005, 16:26   #2
BHPian

comon guys..may be scorpio does not excites any bhpians but then, it is a veichle that needs serious mods.......and these mods in my opinion can best be handled(modded) by experienced bhpians...so help me out
Old 7th December 2005, 06:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

U can replace the JKs with tubeless goodyears/michelins to enhance ur ride.

Dont upsize. Just good tubeless tyres+ alloys will do.

PS:i didnt get a single reply when i asked suggestions for my sumo.Guess, our bhpians are only into sedans. :(
Old 7th December 2005, 13:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
PS:i didnt get a single reply when i asked suggestions for my sumo.Guess, our bhpians are only into sedans. :(
I'm sorry to hear that...perhaps we dont have as many Sumo owners here who can speak authoritatively on the changes to vehicle dynamics that follow a tyre upgrade.

You could PM user varunroy who has a Sumo.

As for the scorpio query, he wanted to improve ride....you dont normally upsize to improve ride, at least as far as I know. 235/70/R16 sounds about right at the moment, and you dont want to increase the profile given the Scorp's handling.
Old 7th December 2005, 13:34   #5
BHPian

ahh...finally ... ok..so just changing to tubeless wud help a little bit i think....while keeping the same size.
Old 7th December 2005, 19:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smats
Hi Guys,

Quote:
The new scorpio ccrde comes fitted with 23570R16 JK elanza tyres. I find these not so good as far as ride quality is concerned. What is the right size/brand to upgrade to and which are available as tubeless??
I have been sumo user since 1998 & presently own a SUMO VICTA GX TC. I have also test driven the SCORPIO Crde for about 150 Kms.. The Road holding in the Victa is lot better than the SCORPIO. For better handling, I sugesst you go for Alloys with maximum Spokes available. This really improves the drive Quality. Bridgestones are a lot better than JK when it come to road grip, but JKs last longer. GOODYEAR tubeless of the same size may be the best option available at the moment.

Make sure you balance the Wheels after changing the Tyres and also after every 10K Kms. It is also advisable to balance the Alloys without the tyres. They should all read Zero , but not over 10Gms. Do not accept the new Tyres if the weghts per wheel is more than 150 Gms. Good wheel balancing will only show you results at speeds of over 80 Kmph so dont expect miracles. Wheel alignment is equally vital and should be done every 5K Kms at the same service point. Always insist on for the printed report.

Above all, have the tyres rotated every 8K Kms as suggested by the manufacturer. I do it every 4000 Kms. as this maintains a good overall balance of the vehicle.Stepney to Front RH, FRH to RLH, RLH to FRH, FRH to RLH & RLH to stepney. This way you will have to replace all the 5 tyres at one shot whenever they require replacement after about (80,000 KMs +)
Old 7th December 2005, 19:55   #7
BHPian

A bit Off Topic:

I cant comment on the JK tyres you have on the Scorpio... but I've lost my faith in JK...
I've blown about 5 tyres doing 80kmph in the contessa... 3 of them have been JK...
The other 2 were GoodYear or MRF I think, but they had been running way past their useful life.
Old 7th December 2005, 20:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Check out a few othre tyre brands, some of them offer better comfort.
Old 9th January 2006, 12:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
we may get a Scorpio CRDe and i would like to know what is the best upsize available in terms of stability and safety and handling. The brakes and the handling is very poor as is the stability and i think wider tubeless tyres will help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks