Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 08:06   #1
BHPian

Import duty on Imported Alloy Wheels / Tyres for Jeep

I am interested in importing a set of 5 Alloy Wheels & Tyres for Jeep. Please advise me the tariff for Customs duty I shall be paying for it or I should contact any local dealer in Delhi to arrange import. The total cost may be assumed to be around 50K Rs.

Thanks / Regards
Old 8th September 2010, 08:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Amreek, Since Alloy wheels and tires are available off the shelf in Delhi easily, Why do you want to get them imported? Are you looking for some unique size/design?
Old 8th September 2010, 08:48   #3
BHPian

Yes. Something for 31" Tyres, quite common with Desert Driving here in Dubai. If available in Delhi, would love to heve them there itself.
Old 8th September 2010, 08:54   #4
BHPian

Go through nishanths thread where he has improted jeep rims online and mentioned the cost too :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-complete.html

Copying from his thread :

Black Rock 15x8j, 2.5inch Backspacing 5.5 inch pcd

Wheels cost: $55x5=$275
Shipping thru UPS, US to Bangalore : $366
Duty Indian customs: INR 6500

Yes I bought them over the internet. Just a random search in google over a period of 4 weeks. This is the website. Has loads of things anything and everything to do with Jeeps jeeps and only jeeps!!

www.quadratec.com
Old 8th September 2010, 20:12   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Wheels cost: $55x5=$275
Shipping thru UPS, US to Bangalore : $366
Duty Indian customs: INR 6500
That's about 50% in custom duties! Not to mention, his shipping exceeded the cost of wheels.

Any other options that make it viable to buy imported rims online (vis a vis local market)? It's tough to find great designs in sizes over 16 inches.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's about 50% in custom duties! Not to mention, his shipping exceeded the cost of wheels.

Any other options that make it viable to buy imported rims online (vis a vis local market)? It's tough to find great designs in sizes over 16 inches.

Thats the only reason which is stopping me from buying one for my gypsy. Its not worth paying so much tax for the rims (at least not for me)

Even in 15" are hard to get other than the usual 2-3 design from the usual manufacturers.
Have been in search of rims since a month and have lost hope of finding non-regular ones.
Old 6th April 2012, 19:28   #7
BHPian

Re: Import duty on Imported Alloy Wheels / Tyres for Jeep

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I didn't know where else to post this.

The whole "import restrictions" or embargo whatever that is, which prevented imported tyres from being avaiable at dealers: is that taken off now? When can we expect the imports that used to be available couple of years back?
Old 21st June 2019, 23:29   #8

I’m planning to import a set of 18”, 8j mono block alloys from a donor in UK. Can anyone tell me how much would the shipping and customs cost?
Old 22nd June 2019, 16:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborun View Post
I’m planning to import a set of 18”, 8j mono block alloys from a donor in UK. Can anyone tell me how much would the shipping and customs cost?
Hi,

I was also in the same situation to get my AMG monoblocks from Saudi,

Worked on many options of sending them by door to door cargo but they didn't accept it later tried sending by DHL but their charges were very high leave apart the customs I had to pay upon arrival.

After thinking a lot I took the risk of carrying it my luggage till Hyderabad, All I paid was the 2 baggage extra charges and upon arrival was stopped on airport inquiring about the contents I said it was kids toys and decoration items and was let off. didn't pay a single rupee

I was the happiest person on earth while leaving the airport.
ferrariKSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 06:17   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post

After thinking a lot I took the risk of carrying it my luggage till Hyderabad, All I paid was the 2 baggage extra charges and upon arrival was stopped on airport inquiring about the contents I said it was kids toys and decoration items and was let off. didn't pay a single rupee

I was the happiest person on earth while leaving the airport.
OMG! You’re so very lucky! I really wish I could do this for my car as well. Can you please share the pics of your car and alloys? Honestly, I was also looking for Importing AMG staggered mono blocks to Hyderabad. But I really don’t know how much I’ll end up paying for them. The alloys themselves are quite expensive and I think shipping and customs will be way worst that that.

I wish I can find something of that sort locally.

Thanks!

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd June 2019 at 20:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 23rd June 2019, 17:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborun View Post
OMG! You’re so very lucky! I really wish I could do this for my car as well. Can you please share the pics of your car and alloys? Honestly, I was also looking for Importing AMG staggered mono blocks to Hyderabad. But I really don’t know how much I’ll end up paying for them. The alloys themselves are quite expensive and I think shipping and customs will be way worst that that.

I wish I can find something of that sort locally.

Thanks!
Thanks Mate,
I was also looking for staggered AMG but liked the plane ones as staggered one will look bling, indeed it will cost a Bomb to have monoblocks as its rare to find in India, I found only 1 set in Delhi and the chap was asking for 1.5 lakh for a set of 4, leave apart the condition.

BTW which model of Mercedes you want these alloys for?
Enjoy the pics. Mods plz delete if against the forum rules.

Import duty on Imported Alloy Wheels / Tyres for Jeep-20181208_195852.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd June 2019 at 20:52.
ferrariKSA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed