Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2023, 11:55   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Need some advise..

I have booked the new i20 Sportz which comes with "steel alloys ? " and i do not like them. I asked the dealer about replacing this with their OE Asta Alloys and he says, it would cost Rs. 40000 for a set of 4.

Are there cheaper options available after market for alloys which might look better as well. I am looking for a simple 5 spoke kind of an alloy.

The OE rims are 6J 100, 4 holes as i understand.

Kindly let me know

Swami
Old 19th July 2023, 13:17   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuDi10 View Post
Hi All,

I have an i20 Active SX Petrol with 195/55/R16 stock tires that came with the car.
======
Thanks in advance.
Hey SuDI10! Depends on your requirements? However, I personally own an i20 Nline and am about to roll it on Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. In my opinion these are an absolute bang for one's buck if you are looking for performance oriented tires to maximize grip. My car came stock with a set of CEAT Secura Drives and honestly they are horrible. I've driven a friend's i20 with the Michelins and they are very confidence inspiring, especially when jutting out of a corner.
Old 5th October 2023, 15:23   #138

I was looking to replace the tyres on my 2014 i20 (the model just before the Elite i20). My primary reason for replacing the tyres is thread wear. Additionally, I was considering a tyre upsize in order to get better ground clearance.

From the factory, this version of the i20 comes with two types of tyre configurations - 175/70 R14 (base variant) and 185/65 R14 (I have this). I intend to get 185/70 R14 tyres so that the ground clearance increases by roughly 1 cm.

Having used the online tyre upsizing calculators, I can see that this proposed change would lead to a 3% increase from my current set up. However, if someone were to upgrade from the base variant (175/70 R14), it would only be an increase of 2.3%. I understand that a 2-3% increase while upsizing is acceptable. I am okay with a little bit of inaccuracy in the speedometer/odometer and a minor mileage difference.

The wheel wells seem quite spacious on this i20 version, as the factory tyres seem to be smaller than they ought to be. Here's a reference picture from the official Team-BHP review:

Hyundai i20 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-hyundaii2014.jpg

Given the above information, would it make sense for me to carry out this upgrade? If anyone has already done a similar upgrade, it would be good to know if there were any issues with the tyres scraping against the wheel wells, high speed stability, ABS usage, etc. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks