Team-BHP - Hyundai i20 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Hyundai i20 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/89774-hyundai-i20-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread.html)

Hi,
I am looking for suggestions whether to upgrade the tyres on my new i20 1.4 petrol A/T.I was considering Michelin XM1+ as replacement on the new car immediately after delivery.The stock size is 185/65R14.
Will 195/60/R14 be suitable or should I stick to the stock size.I have heard a lot of issues of the steering rattle on the i20,don't know if they have sorted those issues so far.
Looking for suggestions.
I'm getting the 185's for 4100 & 195's for 4900 a piece with 2500 buyback per piece on the Apollo Accelere's.

Cheers!

@ Sandeepm777: what's objective for tyre upgrade?
If you are looking just better ride/comfort, stick to stock size but move to better brand/model like Michelin XM1+, Continental EcoContact or Yokohama A-drive.
Buyback price for Apollo tyres looks decent.

195/60 R14 is a safe up size but ground clearance will get reduced. Other option is 195/55 R15 and this size will look good in the car too but the ride quality will be compromised.

I'm planning 195/60 R15 in my yet to be delivered i20. About this tyre profile, a few say it's a wrong up size and a few who had been using the same tyre profile say that they never had any issues.

How do the apollo acellere fare with XM+ and A drives?I mean what is the main difference between them?

Stick to the standard tyres.

I think you would be getting 185 profile Apollo Accelere tyres with your ride. They are quite good for what they are worth in terms of handling and comfort.

Quite frankly, there would barely be any noticable difference in moving from Apollos to Yoko or XMs. Not worth the money at this stage.

Its a different story for JK tyres shod default with the Swifts.

I just got a quote for a (for 5) 15inch Plati PY517, + yoko tyres for 49750,
buyback for stock 14"alloy+apollos for 19750, sound like a good deal?

This is in BLR, for my yet to get I20, I may get a 3K discount on this...

Pls lemme know

Thanks,

Yoko A or S drive?

A tyre dealer in madurai quoted Rs 20000 exchange price for 4 stock i20 appolo accelers tyres and alloys.

The stock Apollo tyres are very noisy, part from that they are fine, no issues.

Hey there, even I am planning for an up size of the tires for my yet to come i20 Asta CRDi.
I am planning to go for the 195/60 and stick to the stock alloys. The tire dealer is quoting a price of 2.5K per tire which sounded a good deal.
I have plans to put in unidirectional tires either Yoko or BF goodrich.
Any suggestions on either of these brands as to which to go for?
PS: The reason for the up size is for better ride/comfort.

Stick to 185/65 R14 Aceleres.... We have an i20 Auto and I feel the stock tyres are more than enough for almost all sorts of highway high speed and city driving.

Dont waste money upgrading to bigger tyres... You will see absolutely no difference in grip and a marginal decrease in ride comfort.

Hey, I'm also planning to buy an i20, but the 1.4 CRDi, and I'm getting a tyre upgrade.

The Car comes with stock 185/65 R14 and I'm replacing them with 195/55 R15.

The main priority for upgrading is to improve the cars high speed stability and cornering ability. Performance is pretty much the main criteria, other factors such as noise and wear also factor in, but they're second to performance.

Any recommendations on what tyres I should get. I was considering Yokohama S Drives or A drives, Michelin Pilot Sport 3's or Bridgestone Potenza GIII, but fact is I'm a complete newbie when it comes to tyres, and know almost nothing about which the good brands and variants are (I've been through the threads detailing upsizing, tread pattern and rubber compound, so I know the basics, but not much beyond that).

Could someone please suggest which brand and type of tyre I should get.

hi guys,
I'm planning to upgrade my i20 1.4 CRDI 6-speed tyres from stock accelere. I have quite a bit of rough, bad-road driving in the village-y areas of gurgaon, so my top priority is getting tyres that can take a lot of abuse and potholes. Tyre noise and ride comfort are not my priorities.

Ideally, I would have gone for the Turanzas, but unfortunately they dont come in this tyre configuration. Could someone help out on recommendations of tyres - on Changemytyre.com I see Yoko A/C drives, Bridgestone MY02/G3, Michelin XM2, Accelere and Continental Ecocontact 3

Do note that I'm OK in changing my default tyre configuration as long as they can work on the factory alloys I already have.

thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbyte (Post 3261327)
hi guys,
I'm planning to upgrade my i20 1.4 CRDI 6-speed tyres from stock accelere. I have quite a bit of rough, bad-road driving in the village-y areas of gurgaon, so my top priority is getting tyres that can take a lot of abuse and potholes. Tyre noise and ride comfort are not my priorities.

Ideally, I would have gone for the Turanzas, but unfortunately they dont come in this tyre configuration. Could someone help out on recommendations of tyres - on Changemytyre.com I see Yoko A/C drives, Bridgestone MY02/G3, Michelin XM2, Accelere and Continental Ecocontact 3

Do note that I'm OK in changing my default tyre configuration as long as they can work on the factory alloys I already have.

thanks!

Why not Acelere again? They suit your requirement. Else you can look at A drives. They also meet your requirements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3262541)
Why not Acelere again? They suit your requirement. Else you can look at A drives. They also meet your requirements.

@sagarpadaki - thanks for replying. I'm a bit confused about exactly this topic.

Between the XM2 vs Accelere vs A-drive, which would you say is the most robust ?

What then is the tradeoffs between each ? From my (limited) understanding, it seems to me that XM2 bends towards ride quality at the cost of durability, Accelere is the exact opposite and A-drive sits somewhere in between.

Is that correct ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbyte (Post 3262597)

@sagarpadaki - thanks for replying. I'm a bit confused about exactly this topic.

Between the XM2 vs Accelere vs A-drive, which would you say is the most robust ?

What then is the tradeoffs between each ? From my (limited) understanding, it seems to me that XM2 bends towards ride quality at the cost of durability, Accelere is the exact opposite and A-drive sits somewhere in between.

Is that correct ?

XM2 is more comfort oriented as you said. But Acelere and A drives offer almost same comfort for lower prices. XM2 is costliest. A drives are cheapest. So choose based on your budget. But my personal opinion is Xm2 is way too overpriced for what ever extra it offers