Yokohama Geolandar G012 are good tyres.
I bougtht them for my Tucson recently.
Old 13th September 2011, 08:03   #17
BHPian

Re: Replacement Tyres for the New Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
Dear Gill22g,

These certainly look better than the stock tyres. But one question here, is the size too big for the spare wheel cover, or have you removed the cover for purely aesthetic reasons?

Does this size affect the breaking and handling in any way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
Actualy the spare wheel cover fits perfectly but i feel it looks better without it, there is no problem in handling or braking of the vehicle moreover i feel both have improved a bit with these tyres
Hello gentlemen, just thought I'd give you a little update and also have a question. I have finally got two offers in Chennai for Geolander AT tyres! one of them is sized 265/70/16 (diameter = 30.6in.) and the other is 255/65/16(diameter = 29.05in.). I want to get the bigger set but im worried that the tyre will rub and damage the mud guards on the front wheels. Gill22g, I know you have 270/70/16s on your car so I wanted to ask you what the scraping issues were like? Did you modify the front mud guard at all?

Kevin, I hope you get yourself a set of ATs soon too

Also, you two should look into the Spider Diesel Tuning box. I have one on my Endeavour and it is absolutely fantastic. Rs. 24,000.

Link to that thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-pg-2-a-2.html

My review of the box is on Page 2.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Hello gentlemen, just thought I'd give you a little update and also have a question. I have finally got two offers in Chennai for Geolander AT tyres! one of them is sized 265/70/16 (diameter = 30.6in.) and the other is 255/65/16(diameter = 29.05in.).
How did you manage to get the Geos in Chennai? I've followed a thread on Ignite where you participated; did they help you?
I might be PMing you shortly hoping you would be kind to help me

Speaking of tyre sizes, the mods had put up a recommended size chart here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1st-aug-07.xls

I did my calcs:
Replacement Tyres for the New Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT-endy-tyre-sizes.jpg

I (well my heart, actually) wants the 265 on 17 as highlighted above as they are wider and on bigger rims I understand the profile is reduced, so there might be handling, stability issues or even rim protection issues. Overall is the 265-60/17 a bad idea?

If it is a bad idea I will settle with 265-65/16 or the 265/70/16 (your choice too).

On width, I would not go beyond 265 as almost everyday I take two u-turns and also park in spaces that can become very closed. I'll wait for Gill's feedback on the 265.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
How did you manage to get the Geos in Chennai? I've followed a thread on Ignite where you participated; did they help you?

I (well my heart, actually) wants the 265 on 17 as highlighted above as they are wider and on bigger rims I understand the profile is reduced, so there might be handling, stability issues or even rim protection issues. Overall is the 265-60/17 a bad idea?
Let me answer your questions first: Ignite did not help me get my tyres, no one did. I made all the calls myself and I am really tired of it. Just cannot manage to find the suze that I want. I dont want to spend that kind of money and have to settle on something I'm not completely happy with. Besides, my stock MRF ZVRL tyres are still almost brand new (7800 km).

If you have 16 inch rims can you put on 265/60/17s?? I'm really not sure about that. They are meant for rims that are 17 inches wide I thought. 265/65/16 would be my ideal size but i've realized that the supply is so short today that I really cannot be that choosy.

Now about the Awesome Geolandars that I was planning to get:

I was so excited to get my huge Geolandar tyres that I actually skipped work that day to go to the shop as soon as it opened! I ended up getting to the shop at 10.15 in the morning when it was supposed to open only at 10.30 so ended up waiting there until someone showed up! Once the guy came in to open up the shop, I found out that they DID NOT have the size that i wanted in stock! Apparently the guy I had been talking to on the phone all along was the manager of a sister shop that doesn't completely know the stock of this one. I was very very disappointed

My 2 month long search for the perfect AT tyre that I thought had finally come to a sweet sweet end was to be continued indefinitely. Damn that ISI approved import blah blah blahh!

I still have the 255/65/16 Geolandars on the table but I dont want to go smaller than my current tyre. Does anyone still think it would be a good idea to go for those anyway? Another tyre on offer is a Goodyear Wrangler at 245/70/16. Sort of hesitant to get that because I really wanted wider tyres. Might just end up settling on that though.

Another important question: Do you think it would be wise to wait a few months until this mess with importing all terrain tyres / ISI dis-approved tyres will alleviate itself? I'm not sure how long all this trouble will last.
Old 15th September 2011, 20:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour

Quote:
Let me answer your questions first: Ignite did not help me get my tyres, no one did. I made all the calls myself and I am really tired of it. Just cannot manage to find the suze that I want. I dont want to spend that kind of money and have to settle on something I'm not completely happy with. Besides, my stock MRF ZVRL tyres are still almost brand new (7800 km).
Hi Vishnu,

Ignite is not is the tyre business, so any help or suggestion offered is at a premium.

What are the inadequacies of the MRF ZVRL in off-road situation?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post2507505

Regards,

Arka
Old 15th September 2011, 22:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Let me answer your questions first: Ignite did not help me get my tyres, no one did.

If you have 16 inch rims can you put on 265/60/17s?? I'm really not sure about that.

I still have the 255/65/16 Geolandars on the table but I dont want to go smaller than my current tyre. Does anyone still think it would be a good idea to go for those anyway? Another tyre on offer is a Goodyear Wrangler at 245/70/16. Sort of hesitant to get that because I really wanted wider tyres. Might just end up settling on that though.

Another important question: Do you think it would be wise to wait a few months until this mess with importing all terrain tyres / ISI dis-approved tyres will alleviate itself? I'm not sure how long all this trouble will last.
I only asked about Ignite since you had mentioned in that thread that Raghav was going to look for some tyres for you. Apologies if I had misread that completely.

Regarding the 17s, I was planning ahead for a first anniversary upgrade along with alloys

You're right in wanting to go wider, hence if those 255s are available, I would suggest get them and head offroad.

On the waiting for imports
Old 27th May 2013, 10:14   #22
BHPian

Replaced my stock 245/70-16 MRF ZVRL's on Saturday and opted for the 255/65-16 MRF Wanderer series. Finding the road grip and driving comfort much better than before.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:58   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivraj88 View Post
Replaced my stock 245/70-16 MRF ZVRL's on Saturday and opted for the 255/65-16 MRF Wanderer series. Finding the road grip and driving comfort much better than before.
265/65R16 would have been the perfect upgrade from your stock size.

One notch down on the profile and two notches up on the width = At par/better comfort with superior grip. I always use that as a thumb rule and it almost always works as it keeps the overall diameter same as stock.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th May 2013 at 11:00.
Old 29th May 2013, 22:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

265/65R16 would have been the perfect upgrade from your stock size.

One notch down on the profile and two notches up on the width = At par/better comfort with superior grip. I always use that as a thumb rule and it almost always works as it keeps the overall diameter same as stock.
Pardon my ignorance but wouldn't 245 to 255 and 70 to 65 keep in line with your one notch down on the profile and two up on the width thumb rule?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks