Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:41   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Look for the 4-digit number indicating the week and year - mine's 4009, i.e. 40th week of the year 2009.
My tyre reads 3205.

Quote:
It's run 51k km (in 4 years & 10 months), but still had sufficient tread left to allow me to change in the next few weeks.
I dont get what you are saying SS-Traveller. Is it 4009?
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirajan View Post
My tyre reads 3205.

I dont get what you are saying SS-Traveller. Is it 4009?
3205 means that your tire was manufactured in the 32nd week of 2005 that should make it the last week of August 2005.
Old 24th November 2010, 09:25   #78
BHPian

Dont be surprised...
On an average about 2cars cum in a week reporting tire burst or tire bubbles on brand new cars...
Working in maruti A.S.S i get to see this very often on swifts and ritz in particular,cars as new as 20 days old come back for a tyre defect,most of this are with J.K and in 99percent times the j.k engineer washes his hands off by saying customer fault.

Sadly it seems maruti has gone far below standards.

Just a couple of days back a SX4 zxi had its airbags deployed when the car was stationary,the car has no signs of impact what so ever,maruti engineering dept found the fault in AB(air bag controller).As we all know on air bag deployment the seat belt pretensioners should lock but it didn't happen in this case.The AB has to be sent to suzuki japan for anaylising the fault since maruti has no tools to check the same.Cost of total repairs sums up to 91000/- plus a new windshield which cracked on air bag deployment.Sadly i was surprised how eager the company was to push the blame on the ignorant customer.
Old 24th November 2010, 09:37   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Dont be surprised...
On an average about 2cars cum in a week reporting tire burst or tire bubbles on brand new cars...
Working in maruti A.S.S i get to see this very often on swifts and ritz in particular,cars as new as 20 days old come back for a tyre defect,most of this are with J.K and in 99percent times the j.k engineer washes his hands off by saying customer fault.

Sadly it seems maruti has gone far below standards.
When my swift was less than a year old, I had a minor mishap (an iron rod at a toll both hit my rim) - the rim got out of shape. I put on the unused spare tubeless tyre & it had a leak, so the puncture guy had to put a tube inside it to allow me to use it. I took this complaint to Sai Service Pune who called JK guy - the JK guy took my car to a nearby JK dealer - got the tyre tested & replaced the tyre immediately with no issues whatsoever.

That said Maruti is not as responsive today as it was then (2007). Those times whenever I emailed Maruti, I used to get a reply or a phone call back immediatelly. Recently, I emailed them a couple of times & the only response I got was that we are forwarding the mail to the technical dept & they will get back to you, but the followup never happened. I would have assumed that this change was because of the exit of Jagdish Khattar, but all stories about Carnation A.S.S. make me wonder if that is indeed the case.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:28   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirajan View Post
My tyre reads 3205. I dont get what you are saying SS-Traveller. Is it 4009?
Oops, sorry, that was a typo. My tyre read 4005.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:51   #81
BHPian

Looks like there are more than a few cases of this happening. Is there a better way to collect data on this so that the thread title itself can invite people for their feedback with similar stories to share? That will at least enable us to present a better case than going at it on your own.
Old 30th September 2011, 19:56   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: JK Vectra tyres: Weird Failure

Quote:
2 tyres were changed with Bridgestones today.
One more JK Vectra decided to start divorce proceedings with its tread , and it was finally time for me to get 2 more tyres as replacement. The other JK tyre was also losing pressure a little more than usual, and an inspection revealed cracks on the inner wall.

Two Goodyear Duraplus tyres replaced the JKs. Almost 6 years and 64+k km from the JKs - what am I complaining about!?

The Goodyear Taxi Premiums have run about 13k km on the front axle only, in the last 10 months, and seem to be wearing a little faster than I expected. They've been shifted to the rear axle. The last remaining JK Vectra has taken up residence in the boot.
Old 2nd October 2011, 00:52   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The last remaining JK Vectra has taken up residence in the boot.
Bachche ki jaan loge kya sir!!! Change kar lo isse bhi

Went thru all 6 pages of this thread and the pic in your starting post is scary. My 1 year Ritz is shod with JK Tornadoes, covered 14k kms, travels mostly on NH1 and has suffered 7 punctures till date. At most I will try to run them till 25k. If I say these tyres are not good, this would indeed be an understatement.
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:49   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Two Goodyear Duraplus tyres replaced the JKs.
Am also buying them day after tomorrow. Did you get them from Chawla ? Cost ?
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:01   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
Yes. I paid approx. 3500INR for each.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:17   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I also got Goodyear Duraplus for my Swift in June. Paid 2900 per tyre - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...ml#post2375641

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks