Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 11:17   #31
BHPian

re: VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
one of the most beautiful rims i have ever seen !!

great choice Bhagwan !
Thank you Sir !

I hunted for a while, before I chose this.
OZ & Enkei were the other choices.

I got them from 4S Auto @ Tardeo - Mumbai.
Tyres & Rims were purchased together.

I have sent a p.m. to you.
Old 8th March 2011, 23:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
Thank you Sir !

I hunted for a while, before I chose this.
OZ & Enkei were the other choices.

I got them from 4S Auto @ Tardeo - Mumbai.
Tyres & Rims were purchased together.

I have sent a p.m. to you.
Bhagwan... those are some brilliant sparco's you've got there. You've posted some good close-up shots now how about a side profile of the entire car... Thanks
Old 9th March 2011, 07:59   #33
BHPian

Yes;
I too want to click some pics;
However, the car is almost fully open.
The Seats are out & all the panels are open, so the car cannnot be driven or moved.
I will click pics after 10 ++ days & post.
I expect the seats to come in on Friday & all the ICE parts to return from the paint shop on Monday.
Also the K & N Air Filter typhoon kit is in the paint shop, that will take 1 week more.
So, as soon as all gets back & is put together, I shall post.
This car has been in the work shop from the 22nd of February, 2011 & I hope to get it back before the 21st of March, 2011. 1 month i.e.
Old 12th March 2011, 06:23   #34
BHPian

Hi

I did small research on 1010tires.com and here is the result. For upgrading Trendline tires, apart from the Highline 185/60 R15 spec size, 195/55 R15 also seems to be quite good with out any circumference issues. But this size is not there in Michelin but Bridgestone Potenza GIII is available. Would like to know from experts on this tyre. Is it suited for city drving?
or should I stick with stock size. In stock size, only apollo acelere and Bridgestone b250 tyres are available. Both are OEM tyres with Polo/Vento and Manza respectively and hence are cheap.

I do not want to compromise on FE and hence 205/55 R15 is ruled out. I am expecting slightly lower FE figures for 195/55 tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre-size.jpg  

Old 17th March 2011, 21:44   #35
BHPian

Some Alloys, I installed on my VW Polo 1.6 Petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-sparco-pista-alloy-conti-contact-sport-extreme-dw-march-2011.jpg-1.jpg  

VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-sparco-pista-alloy-conti-contact-sport-extreme-dw-march-2011.jpg-2.jpg  

VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-sparco-pista-alloy-conti-contact-sport-extreme-dw-march-2011.jpg-3.jpg  

VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-sparco-pista-alloy-conti-contact-sport-extreme-dw-march-2011.jpg.jpg  

BHAGWAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 18:58   #36
BHPian

Hi,
I too am finalizing on a Polo - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...olo-1-6-a.html
However I find the stock Apollo acceleres are just TOOO noisy. since the only other choice in stock size is Bridgestone (I think g3) what other options can one have to reduce the road noise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
.....Personally I would like to stick to the OEM size 185/60 R15 but except Apollo Accelere and Bridgestone, none of the tyre companies have this size. Apollos are not too bad or too good either. I have them on my Polo right now. Feedback to the driver is quite low with them.....
I don't want to lose too much on FE either!

Quote:
100 % correct !

F.E. [Fuel Efficiency] will drop for sure.

If that is important to you - please 'stick' to the EO Tyre - Apollo..
Old 14th June 2011, 20:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
Hi,
I too am finalizing on a Polo - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...olo-1-6-a.html
However I find the stock Apollo acceleres are just TOOO noisy. since the only other choice in stock size is Bridgestone (I think g3) what other options can one have to reduce the road noise?

I don't want to lose too much on FE either!
I havent read the whole thread but from the posts you quoted it seems there is no other decent tyre in 185/60 R15. So in that case you'll have to upsize. If you want to go for the optimal upsize it would be 195/55 R15. But i think you could go with 195/60 as well. The difference in circumference is 2% which is acceptable. You'll get better ride and GC as well. And you'll get a wider range of tyres in 195/60 R15. For comfort and to reduce noise id suggest Michelin Primacy LC

Last edited by radiokidb : 14th June 2011 at 20:24.
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 10:44   #38

Quote:
Nice Pick Bhagwan.. Congrats on the choice BTW do u still have your 1.6 Polos stock alloys would love to buy it from you and put them on my 1.2 trendline.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:38   #39
BHPian

Guru's which is best upgrade for Polo Highline with Stock rims I have 185*60*15 apollo, not happy with left pulling. got it check twice but no help. My tyre guy suggested to go for other tyre. So looking for optimal size does 205*55*15 works well. And I don't want S-drive, somehow didn't have good feedback till now. So choice left Continental and what other? Moreover I want to get rid off left pulling nothing else, but if have to upgrade I would like to go for wider one.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Guru's which is best upgrade for Polo Highline with Stock rims I have 185*60*15 apollo, not happy with left pulling. got it check twice but no help. My tyre guy suggested to go for other tyre. So looking for optimal size does 205*55*15 works well. And I don't want S-drive, somehow didn't have good feedback till now. So choice left Continental and what other? Moreover I want to get rid off left pulling nothing else, but if have to upgrade I would like to go for wider one.
I would recommend 195\60 or 195\55 size for the R15 Rim.
Please confirm,if the warranty will get void if you upsize
Old 30th July 2011, 07:21   #41
BHPian

I think left pulling and tyre upgrade are two different issues. Correct me if I am wrong. Personally, I wish you stick to the stock size and go for Bridgestone tyres (New tyre size 185/60 R15 in series Turanza ER300, I believe). Odd Oversize tyres on Polo kills the killer looks it possesses. If you are genuinely concerned about the tyre, follow with the rim upsize as well.

By the way, Apollos are not too bad either except Noise on the highway. For city traffic, you can live with them. I am planning to change after 20K Kms. Done already 10K on them.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:10   #42
BHPian

Any feedback on 205's on the polo ?

Hi guys .. a very close friend of mine will be getting delivery of his Polo 1.2 Comfortline soon. We have selected a set of 5.5 J mags with a 37ET offset. Now the confusion lies in deciding whether to upsize to 195/60 R 15 or 205/55 R 15. Has anyone on the forum upsized to 205/55 R 15 on the Polo ? If so, are there any issues of the tyres scraping the wheel well ? Polo users and resident tyre gurus, please give us your inputs and advice, as the car will be here in a day or 2. Would really appreciate some urgent feedback. Thanks Guys.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

HELP!! Which Rim Design?

Hi guys,

Didn't find the need to open a new thread for this. I am in the process of purchasing a VW Polo 1.6 next month and the fist thing I would like to do is upgrade the rims. Now, I will be going in for OZ Racing rims and have sort of shortlisted 03 designs, OZ Canova, OZ Ultraleggera & OZ Superturismo GT. However, I can't seem to choose which one. Would require you help in choosing the same and please feel free in recommending other options. Pics are atatched for your reference.

Points to keep in mind:

1. Car will be Black or Grey
2. Rims will be 16"
3. Currently using OZ Canovas on my Swift

First - OZ Canovas
Second - OZ Ultraleggeras
Third - OZ Superturismo GT
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-oz-canova.jpg  

VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-oz-ultraleggera.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 17th January 2012, 19:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhagwan

Those alloys look damn good. By the way for how much did you sell the original Polo Alloys, because VW guys are saying that each alloy is close to 17000.

And is there any scraping with the car fully loaded . I am planning to change it in my 1.6.
Old 17th January 2012, 19:35   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: HELP!! Which Rim Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Second - OZ Ultraleggeras
Third - OZ Superturismo GT
I vote for either of these 2. They look spectacular!

Most Viewed