Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2010, 16:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Continental CPC2 – just not worth it!

Meaning, when you hit a patch of standing water, the tyres are able to channel the water extremely well and the floating feeling you get is much lesser than other tyres.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have michelin xm1+ and xm1 on my cars. Xm1 were extremely soft one of the wheels had developed a bulge. So Continental should not be blamed.

secondly, I would guess that if the sidewall is 2mm thin, the tyre is either forged or a lemon.

PS: I have never used Continental before. I am just sharing my experience with another foreign make.
Old 25th December 2010, 08:55   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the details on Conti. I had seen this tire and not liked it.

Can someone tell me by PM if Yokohama are bad too ? I saw the A- Drive and they are too soft. :(

I also never liked the XM1 and thanks for confirming my view.
Old 25th December 2010, 11:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

The XM1+ have been hardened though. I am extremely satisfied by my choice here.

Yokohama's will figure close to Michelins but many say Michelins are better. But Yoko's look beautiful.

If you want harder tyres, go for Apollo Accelere or MRF.
Old 29th December 2010, 14:33   #20
BHPian

@st7677 sorry about your experience, i can understand the pain you had gone through in such a place.

my experience with cpc2 is, recently my friend swapped from nct5 to cpc2 in his fiesta 1.6s the same size was maintained(195/55r15). the tyre felt butter soft compared to the oe nct5, it didnt emit the harsh noises on broken roads compared to the nct5. Grip was fine. But the biggest disappointment came on a good empty road, cursing at 60 i can hear the tyre humming which was not there on the nct and something that we never wanted in a tyre.in this aspect i feel its really overrated.

with regards to sidewall damage its there in almost all tyre i got one on goodyear gt3 at parking speed. that is i just moved the vehicle from stationery and happened to run over a brick it scratched the sidewall and left me with a big damage. in my case its probably the driver's mistake.Anyways goodyear gt3 is a crappy tyre in all means.

i also saw a very thin cut on the good year assurance on my innova, i have no clue of to how it happened, but there is no air leak though.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:42   #21
BHPian

CPC2's sidewalls are softer than that of NCT5s and harder than M-PLCs in my experience. While switching from NCT5's to CPC2's for my civic, I was checking the sidewalls by pressing it with bare hands. NCT5's feel quite hard and seems more immune to side-wall damage. However, one of my NCT5's had a sidewall cut (with normal city driving)!

Between M-PLC and CPC2, M-PLC's cross section seems quite different. It has a hard bottom which opens wider than CPC2's and lips feel harder. Then it kind of curves in with softer compound. CPC2s seem narrower and homogeneous in hardness (harder sidewall overall).
Old 7th October 2012, 20:51   #22
BHPian

Was thinking of shifting from the existing run-flats to the conti ones, the tyre size is 225 50 R 17, after reading this thread i am utterly confused, what i am looking for is little more comfort than the current run-flats (OEM Goodyear tyres), of course, bit more hardened sidewalls than the usual tubeless ones considering i definitely take it for a spin when i get the chance, dont want run-flats due to the low confidence level that it gives on long drives. By the way, i am a big bridgestone fan, what is the current market reviews on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks