Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 17th November 2019, 10:29   #511
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I am lookout for a new set of tyres for my Yeti. Currently, it has Michelin latitude Tour HP (215/65 R16) and ran around 30,000 kms. Though there are good enough tread left for another 10,000 kms or so, I am keen to change them because of frequent punctures I encountered this year. Though have no complains about the Michelins, I am interested in a bit harder compound tyre, but equally silent and as good as the Michelin latitude one. Any suggestions?

And I am also contemplating to go for a wider tyre, in 235/60 R16, as I want more grip.
Old 18th November 2019, 23:10   #512
BHPian

I just changed my tyres to primacy SUV tyres. Immediate feedback was softer ride. I moved from geolander at tyres they were noisy from day 1 but sad pary was it developed cupping which resulted in howling noise. I realised that ht tyres are best for my use and was looking at falken but couldn't find in stock anywhere in Hyderabad.
Old 19th November 2019, 00:49   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I just changed my tyres to primacy SUV tyres. Immediate feedback was softer ride. I moved from geolander at tyres they were noisy from day 1 but sad pary was it developed cupping which resulted in howling noise. I realised that ht tyres are best for my use and was looking at falken but couldn't find in stock anywhere in Hyderabad.
Glad I didn't go for AT as my usage is 100% on normal roads. HT is the best compromise between AT and comfort tyres!

By the way, I got a good offer on Continental Cross Contact LX2 in 235/60 R16 size from a dealer in Delhi at Rs 6200 a tyre, after trading in the old Michelins. The Conti's are of Nov 2018 make. Other dealers in NCR were quoting 9K to 10K a tyre for that size, so this was a bargain.

On paper, 235 cross section seems like a big margin from 215, but it fills up the wheel well quite nicely and in my opinion, enhance the stance of the Yeti. Besides the looks, this 235 should translate into better grip, handling and cornering too. On the contrary, this will result in lesser mileage and possibly, larger braking distance. Hoping the pros will outshine the cons. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by iTNerd : 19th November 2019 at 00:50.
Old 1st December 2019, 11:06   #514
BANNED

Abbey4u - HT is best for normal usage patterns which are predominantly in the city.

Itnerd - I would seriously hesitate to go 235 size - thats the size needed for Scorpio and such. The Yeti's entire handling, ride and suspension physics will be compromised I feel.
Old 24th August 2020, 13:54   #515

Hello From 20XX
Any updates on this thread?

Going in for the 2nd replacement at 80k kms on my 2011 Yeti - with an 80/20 profile on Mumbai roads and the occasional monsoon trip incountry.

From this conversation, I'm looking at
Falken Wildpeak 215/65
Michelin Primacy 4 215/60

Any tips on how to check for freshness, etc?
And do you know of a good dealer in Mumbai South/Central?

Thanks so much
Amitabh
Old 27th January 2021, 15:33   #516
M35
BHPian

I am looking to replace the existing tires on my Yeti. Currently running on continentals (oversized, 235 60 R16). Though they can last another 20000km or so since the ride is getting a bit harder, I m thinking of going back to the stock size 215 60 R16. The wider tyres have given me excellent grip though.

Michelins are not available anywhere. There is a set of Continental UltraContact in Kochi at 8200/piece. Also, in Palakkad, there is a ready stock of Yokohama Blueearth but old stock (2018) at 7200/piece. I prefer to go with the Continentals but would like to know how does the Yokos perform compared to the Continental UC! Please suggest

Most Viewed