Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 18:55   #76
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

how is yoko A drive in comparison to C drive. Both in terms of variation and noise factor
Old 19th June 2012, 19:12   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
how is yoko A drive in comparison to C drive. Both in terms of variation and noise factor
A Drives are also fine, but rated lower in terms of load and speed rating and performance than C Drives. They are also cheaper than C drives.
I would recommend Conti CPC2 in case you are not able to get the C drives. The CPC2 also in this size are 99V XL rated and should be good
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:52   #78
BHPian

I am in search of Tyres for my Yeti. After being on the phone for most part of the day No one has a solution. Available(read common) tires profiles are not yeti specific, now my only option is to source Apollo 225/60 R16. I am sure i dont want to drive on OEM tires. Well i have never driven on OEM tires to be honest. I have got in touch with my reliable source hope he gives me some good news before weekend.
Old 3rd July 2012, 16:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

I got to know an importer in delhi who informed me they have Yokohama Geolander 051 (HT) in 215/60/16. But I don't know about the speed rating and load ratio. It says, HT, I am told it is an SUV tyre. Any tyres Guru, please give your comments on this tyres for the yeti.
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:25   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
I got to know an importer in delhi who informed me they have Yokohama Geolander 051 (HT) in 215/60/16. But I don't know about the speed rating and load ratio. It says, HT, I am told it is an SUV tyre. Any tyres Guru, please give your comments on this tyres for the yeti.
HT stands for Highway Terrain.
These will be tougher than the stock OEM Yeti tyres.
Plus Yos have a good reputation.
I would buy these because of the very bad roads in and around Bangalore that I drive around on, daily.
The size is correct as per the stock size so there should not be any problem with warranties etc.
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

There are various brands discussed here, such as Michellin, Yokohama, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc. Out of these which would be the best to go for, assuming you want a tough tyre that you can drive on rough roads and at high speeds on the highway?

Which is a good tyre & wheel shop in Bangalore?
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:42   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
There are various brands discussed here, such as Michellin, Yokohama, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc. Out of these which would be the best to go for, assuming you want a tough tyre that you can drive on rough roads and at high speeds on the highway?

Which is a good tyre & wheel shop in Bangalore?
Suggest you PM nikhilb2008 our resident tyre expert. Of the shops, Madhus in Richmond Road is great as is the TyrePlus shop in HSR Layout. TyrePlus is a chain. Madhus is a standalone where you get excellent personal service. i like them very much and have been using them consistently for years ut now have become lazy and this is why I go to TyrePlus near my home nowadays.
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:04   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
HT stands for Highway Terrain.
These will be tougher than the stock OEM Yeti tyres.
Plus Yos have a good reputation.
I would buy these because of the very bad roads in and around Bangalore that I drive around on, daily.
The size is correct as per the stock size so there should not be any problem with warranties etc.
I am given the options of Yoko Geolander 051 (HT tyres) and yoko db ES-501 (summer tyres). The dealer is recommending the later, as he says, its very quite, whereas the geolanders are very noisy. Wanted to know how noisy would it be with the HT tyres? The yeti is pretty good in NVH, so I am assuming most of the noise would filter away inside the cabin. what say?

Last edited by iTNerd : 3rd July 2012 at 18:06.
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:09   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am given the options of Yoko Geolander 051 (HT tyres) and yoko db ES-501 (summer tyres). The dealer is recommending the later, as he says, its very quite, whereas the geolanders are very noisy. Wanted to know how noisy would it be with the HT tyres? The yeti is pretty good in NVH, so I am assuming most of the noise would filter away inside the cabin. what say?
My recommendation is for the HTs if you can get them. The DNA decibels are too road biased and won't be any good off road and would get damaged.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
My recommendation is for the HTs if you can get them. The DNA decibels are too road biased and won't be any good off road and would get damaged.
Just ordered 5 pieces of geo 051, for fitting tomorrow. I am getting a buyback of 5500 for the stock tyres.
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:48   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Just ordered 5 pieces of geo 051, for fitting tomorrow. I am getting a buyback of 5500 for the stock tyres.
Good choice on that. Also very lucky you got these tyres as they are pretty rare overall to find in the size the Yeti requires!
Enjoy!
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:20   #87
BHPian

Congtrats iTNerd..welcome to the Yeti Club

..and another congrats on getting the right tyre for the Yeti. Most of our roads need this tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
contessa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:26   #88
BHPian

Upgrading tyres on Yeti is indeed a huge improvement as Behemoth has already explained. I took the plunge following Behemoth's lead. The upgrade was definetly worth it and makes the Yeti feel more complete. Getting a good tyre is the challenge though !!

I have upgraded to Pirelli P6, which the website indicates can be used for MPVs (not sure it means anything !!) . Its UTQG is only slighly higher than the GY Excellence (Pirelli UTQG is 260) - but the overall ride quality and drivability is a huge improvement.

Thanks Behemoth.

Last edited by contessa : 3rd July 2012 at 20:29.
contessa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 23:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

Finally, got new shoes on my yeti

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-3.jpg

The tread are thick and I am hoping it would take rough roads with ease. Initial impression is very positive. Very minimal road noise. And I can feel the grip has improved manifold. Handling even beyond 120+ kmph is good. And looks good too

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th July 2012 at 23:31.
Old 5th July 2012, 03:05   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Finally, got new shoes on my yeti

The tread are thick and I am hoping it would take rough roads with ease. Initial impression is very positive. Very minimal road noise. And I can feel the grip has improved manifold. Handling even beyond 120+ kmph is good. And looks good too
Looks very good indeed.
I am going to use up my OEM GoodYears first and then go for these same Yokos. Hope I get them when I need them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks