Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 20:58   #331
BHPian

We upgraded to Apollo accelere Max at 8500/tyre ,225/60/16 98V. I can say very confidently that it's better in every way than the original Goodyear. Better over rough roads, more load capacity, much better handling (even really high speeds) and especially wet handling and all this at this price, so I would recommend these to anyone looking for Tyre upgrade to yeti, especially considering similar options at this price point.

Last edited by milu2fast : 1st October 2015 at 20:59.
Old 4th October 2015, 17:42   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove my Yeti for almost 1500Km over the past 15 days on the new Falken HT01 tyres and they are quiet and behaved well on most roads. They are much quieter than the earlier Bridgestones and also the Yoko C drives which I had earlier. Even upto speeds of 120 they are noiseless. Only on cemented surfaces (on Taj expressway) they created a sort of high pitched sound which was noisy. But this sound was not there on any other surface and was very quiet on all tarred roads.
Also another positive effect is that the amount of vibrations in the Yeti at 100kmph speed has reduced and the ride quality has improved. Road grip is very good and car does not feel flinchy at high speeds at all (which was typical of the gopdyears). Overall very happy with the Falkens so far.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 19:15   #333
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I would also agree to the same, no issues worth mentioning regd falken HT01 after driving for 8k kms so far. In fact the drive feels more planted
Old 14th October 2015, 16:35   #334
BHPian

I have done 44k on the stock goodyears on my Yeti and time now to change. Going through this thread, I guess the recommended tires for stock size are:

1) Michelin Primacy LC
2) Yokohama C drives
3) Falken Azenis

I have got a quote of 9250 per tire for the Michelin and 8000 per tire for the Yokohama C drive and purely from a price perspective I am inclined to go for the Yokohama. Is spending the extra 5k justified for the Michelins?
Old 17th October 2015, 10:59   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
I have done 44k on the stock goodyears on my Yeti and time now to change. Going through this thread, I guess the recommended tires for stock size are:

1) Michelin Primacy LC
2) Yokohama C drives
3) Falken Azenis

I have got a quote of 9250 per tire for the Michelin and 8000 per tire for the Yokohama C drive and purely from a price perspective I am inclined to go for the Yokohama. Is spending the extra 5k justified for the Michelins?
I have been using primacy 3ST since a year or so and have clocked ~30k kms.
I am very much satisfied with them.
Recently many have reported good reviews of Falken HT01.
you can also consider Michelin Latitude tour HP if you don't mind to stretch your budget.
Old 17th October 2015, 11:50   #336
BHPian

Hi friends, check out snapdeal for falken wildpeak offers on set of 4 tyres. They are pretty good and are quite recent in date of manufacturing. I recently ordered a two wheeler tyre and got a good deal.
There is good rubber left on my yeti tyres so will wait till then but they sure will be falken wildpeak. Cheers
Old 26th October 2015, 13:58   #337
BHPian

I have been using the Bridgestone Touranza for my Yeti for about 6 months now, Moved from the OE goodyear tyres. I find that the bridgestone touranza to be extremely noisy in comparison to the OE tyres that i used especially on long rides on the highway. Anyone else in this group who has used the touranza clarify on the noise issue?
Old 27th October 2015, 19:26   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I have been using the Bridgestone Touranza for my Yeti for about 6 months now, Moved from the OE goodyear tyres. I find that the bridgestone touranza to be extremely noisy in comparison to the OE tyres that i used especially on long rides on the highway. Anyone else in this group who has used the touranza clarify on the noise issue?
bridgestone tends to last longer and hence can be noisy. i was using bridgestone ecopia and very recently changed them after 40k kms. They were still looking to last another 30k with all the grooves in tact. but they were very noisy. After i changed my shocks to bilstein they were more noisy, so decided to go with falken even if i had to let go good condition tyre.
Old 31st October 2015, 08:18   #339
BHPian

After doing 45K kms on stock goodyears, and extensive research with help of this thread, finally went ahead and took the plunge with Falken Wildpeak HT01 on my 2011 Yeti. Got them on Snapdeal at an excellent price of around ₹5,800/- each approx. Delivered yday one week after I placed the order and fitted them. Haven't driven much yet but initial observation was that the tires were very quiet. The owner of the shop where I got them fitted also suggested that these were good tires but was absolutely baffled when i told him what price i got them at!
Old 8th November 2015, 11:30   #340
BHPian

So this unfortunate incident happened yesterday.
I was traveling from mumbai to vapi on NH 8. As we very well know nowadays truck drivers and bus drivers drive on the middle and right most lane to leaving no option but to overtake from left lane. my brother was driving and decided to overtake from the left lane and suddenly the road narrowed and had to come to the middle lane and in doing so managed to hit a rock with some metal. As result had a puncture in the front left tyre. We stopped to check. Luckily there was a tyre repair shop on the opposite side and we got the guy to fix the tyre. But we soon found out the side wall had ruptured and knew it can not be repaired. I had to cover almost 350 Kms during the day and that meant i cant drive on the spare for the entire day.
We checked if the tyre repair guy had a used tyre of same size that we could use. But 215/60/R16 is not a common size and he had 215/65/R16, 205/60/R16 and 225/55/R16. I decided to get the 225/55/R16 goodyear and use it for yesterday.

Currently I have Michelin Primacy 3ST 215/60/R16 and have run 33k kms.
Now i need help as to what should I do. I have following options
1)Buy one new tyre and replace the 225 section goodyear with michelin primacy 3ST (don think its a good idea considering other three tyres have clocked 33k kms)
2) change the front two tyres to either michelin or any other of same size.
3) change all four and get brand new shoes of my choice.

Experts please advice!

Last edited by sagpatel : 8th November 2015 at 11:50.
Old 8th November 2015, 11:56   #341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
he had 215/65/R16,
While not an expert, this is the most common size and easily available at most places, thanks to Duster's wheel size.

Ideally, I would replace all 4 and go for the Latitude Tour HP's.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 11:59   #342
Team-BHP Support

If I were in your place I would change all 4. 33kms done means the Michelins will not last too long. Makes sense to just change all 4 and get on with it. I too suggest a upsize to 215/65 R16, it will improve the ride.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 12:24   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I too suggest a upsize to 215/65 R16, it will improve the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would replace all 4 and go for the Latitude Tour HP's.
Would upsizing cause any warranty issues as it is outside 3% of the safe limit. I still have to replace my instrument cluster under warranty as its not lighting up properly.
Also what will be the impact on FE after upsizing?
Old 8th November 2015, 12:35   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Would upsizing cause any warranty issues as it is outside 3% of the safe limit. I still have to replace my instrument cluster under warranty as its not lighting up properly.
Also what will be the impact on FE after upsizing?
They won't even notice the tyres are changed, so forget about warranty issues.

Either way they cannot blame upsized tyres for an electrical fault like the cluster.

FE is not impacted, or the impact is negligible. The better ride makes up for that.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 13:04   #345
BHPian

There are two popular options available on 215 65 R16.
1. Latttude tour Hp which would cost almost 10k per piece.
2. Falken wildpeak H/T01 which would be around 6.5k per piece if bought online.

Is it advisable to invest extra 15k for latitude tour hps?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks