Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 22:59   #391
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darora View Post
The Falken Wildpeak are not available in Bangalore at present, since i have to take a call today, I'am considering the Michelin primacy 3st. I'am not too keen on the upsizing.. i do hope that going with the primacy 3st is the right decision..

Primacy 3st are sedan tyres
Do you have 4x2 or 4x4?
Upsizing to 65 profile tyres would really help increase the ride comfort
Old 1st March 2016, 05:59   #392

Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have a 4x4. Are there any negative impact points of the upscale? since the Falken Wildpeak are not available in Bangalore, what are the other options?
Old 1st March 2016, 17:59   #393
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darora View Post
I have a 4x4. Are there any negative impact points of the upscale? since the Falken Wildpeak are not available in Bangalore, what are the other options?
Im also upsizing and upgrading. Im definitely buying 215/65/16 - same size as the Duster Stock Tyres for my Yeti.
Im going to wait until Falken Wildpeak becomes available again and then just do it.
Im still not in a hurry so I will probably do it only next month - Im hardly hitting 600Kms per month in terms of usage these days...
Old 1st March 2016, 21:50   #394

Thanks Shankar.

I'am getting some conflicting views instead for upsizing the tyres for the Yeti. Skoda themselves , Changemytyre and Michelin (Through the website) do not recommend the 215/65/16.

What is that i should I be concerned about about if I go ahead with the upsize.

Which is the best tyre in the 215/60/16 category?
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:20   #395
BHPian

Chances of getting noticed about the upsize are very remote.
Apart from slight speedo error, i don't think there is any negative point to be mentioned regarding upsizing.
You have a few options in stock size: michelin primacy 3st, Bridgestone TURANZA ER 370 (someone here had these on his Yeti, if you browse a few pages back you may find who had them), pirelli p7.
Old 3rd March 2016, 06:45   #396
Team-BHP Support

Almost all of us, who have changed tires on the Yeti have gone for 215/65 R16 size. It had no negative effect, rather positive ones. Better GC & improved ride are the two immediate ones that I recall + the availability of size.
Old 5th March 2016, 19:20   #397
BANNED

I just saw these Falken Wildpeak HT01 Tyres in 215/65/16 Size on PayTM.
The deal was excellent as you can see from the attached pics. Additionally, they are giving some 4000 Rs cash back into the PayTM account.

Which basically means these tyres are now costing me approx Rs 6000 each. Which I think is a steal.

So Im expecting these to reach me next week.

Towards the end of the week I will go and get them fixed in the Yeti.

Lets see..
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20160305-19.16.56.png  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20160305-19.17.02.png  

Old 6th March 2016, 10:33   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I just saw these Falken Wildpeak HT01 Tyres in 215/65/16 Size on PayTM.
The deal was excellent as you can see from the attached pics. Additionally, they are giving some 4000 Rs cash back into the PayTM account.

Which basically means these tyres are now costing me approx Rs 6000 each. Which I think is a steal.

So Im expecting these to reach me next week.

Towards the end of the week I will go and get them fixed in the Yeti.

Lets see..
Great! You will be pleasantly surprised with these tyres. If you have a Sound level measuring app (e.g. Smart tools) on your phone, measure the sound level at 80kmph with the existing Goodyear's and then again after getting your tyres changed. In my case there was a difference of 3dB. Also the ride comfort will also improve - just keep the PSI to 30.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 11:22   #399
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Great! You will be pleasantly surprised with these tyres. If you have a Sound level measuring app (e.g. Smart tools) on your phone, measure the sound level at 80kmph with the existing Goodyear's and then again after getting your tyres changed. In my case there was a difference of 3dB. Also the ride comfort will also improve - just keep the PSI to 30.
Thanks

PSI 30 it is!

I guess these will get delivered to me this week. Im travelling but when I get back here I guess they will be waiting for me.

So sometime at the end of the week I ll pop out and get them fitted along with the Wheel Balancing and Alignment and all the rest of it.

The poor Goodyears are looking a bit shell shocked and tired after 4.5 years or so, of normal use, so I might as well retire them.
Old 6th March 2016, 12:18   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

PSI 30 it is!

I guess these will get delivered to me this week. Im travelling but when I get back here I guess they will be waiting for me.

So sometime at the end of the week I ll pop out and get them fitted along with the Wheel Balancing and Alignment and all the rest of it.

The poor Goodyears are looking a bit shell shocked and tired after 4.5 years or so, of normal use, so I might as well retire them.
Be sure to retain one of your existing Goodyear's as spare as the older skinny spare will no longer be suitable for use due to huge size difference with the new tyres.
Old 6th March 2016, 20:15   #401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Be sure to retain one of your existing Goodyear's as spare as the older skinny spare will no longer be suitable for use due to huge size difference with the new tyres.
My goodness. Thank you so very much indeed! I would have merrily chucked away all those old tyres!
Now I know better!

Else I guess I could always buy one more Falken and keep that as the spare...

Fact is I have never used the spare until now. Because I have an Air Compressor and in case of a puncture I just pump it up and drive to the nearest Tyre shop...

Thank you again.
Old 13th March 2016, 13:51   #402
BANNED

I just returned home today after a week's travel.
And as I reached my gate, lo and behold! The PayTm delivery van drew up and gave me my recently purchased 4 tyres!
Falken 215/65/16.

I looked all over the tyres but am right now unable to find the manufacturing date on them.
Saying that, later today or maybe tomorrow, I will go to the local tyre place and replace my old tyres with these nice spanking new ones!

The promised cash back of Rs 4000 from Paytm has also hit my Paytm wallet.
All in all, a very good deal at some 24K for 4 tyres!
Old 14th March 2016, 12:40   #403
BANNED

So I have fitted up the new Falken Wildpeak HT01 Tyres. It seems that the manufacturing date is Week 51 of Year 2015 as signified by the stamp on the tyre sidewalls.
All 4 tyres are manufactured at the same time.

The tyre balancing and wheel alignment is also done and the car feels nice.

I have chucked out the old stock Goodyear OEM tyres, but have just kept one of them as a potential spare. Right now the original small size spare is in the back because it fits in the recess perfectly.

I have also enhanced my Yeti suspension by adding these Rogerab Dampers on all 4 sides. This cost about Rs 6000/-.

Driving back just now from the nearby tyre shop, I can clearly notice the difference in ride quality and overall feel, with these new Falken Wildpeak tyres and the rogerab dampers.

The car feels much better than it ever did before, especially on these bumpy broken roads in my neighbourhood. It even feels much better going over speed breakers.

The new tyres fill the wheel arches better for sure.

And I ve uploaded some pics here too, for those who might be interested. However some of these are upside down so my apologies for that.

Glad I did this overhaul job finally!

And Thanks to Paytm too for giving me such a decent deal on those new tyres!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3690.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3693.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3691.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3694.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3695.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3696.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3702.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3704.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3708.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3710.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3711.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3712.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3715.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3716.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3717.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3718.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3730.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3726.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3727.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3728.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th March 2016 at 12:51. Reason: looks like the pics are misaligned. need the mods to help!
Old 14th March 2016, 13:21   #404
BANNED

adding a few more pics of the vehicle so that you can see how the tyres fill the wheel arches and how the rogerab suspension damper fits.
Overall, I think this is a good set of enhancements for the Yeti.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3732.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3734.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3733.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3735.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3736.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_3731.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th March 2016 at 13:23.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 17:33   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I have fitted up the new Falken Wildpeak HT01 Tyres. It seems that the manufacturing date is Week 51 of Year 2015 as signified by the stamp on the tyre sidewalls.
I have also enhanced my Yeti suspension by adding these Rogerab Dampers on all 4 sides. This cost about Rs 6000/-.
Congrats on your new Tyres Shankar! They will certainly give you much better comfort and reduced road noise over your previous Goodyears. If you drive around 90 on Highways, you will feel that the car feels a lot less Skittish (less side sway will be there) as the road grip is far superior with the Falkens. Also, the new tyres will need around 200km of driving to settle down for the Polymer protectant coating to wear away (this is a special coating on the tyres to protect them from Drying out when kept in storage) and only when this wears away, you get the proper grip of the tyres on the road and this will take around 200kms of driving (In my experience). After this the road grip and braking will improve.

One suggestion on the Rogerab coil Stiffeners - These are normally recommended only for Cars which have a soft suspension (e.g. Civic, Verna ) and also low ground clearance and putting this stiffens the suspension by adding resistance to the coil spring.
The Yeti already has a stiff suspension and also plently of GC (in fact with the new Tyres, it has also increased by 10mm more and instead of the stock 180mm, it would be 190mm now).
Putting these Rogerabs will only make the Ride quality stiffer than what it already is. Unless you have massive speed breakers in Bangalore where the Yeti was bottoming, I would not recommend usage of Coil stiffeners on the Yeti - if possible, please do return these to the store you bought them from as they are not required and will actually degrade the ride quality on the Yeti! (just my honest advice as an ex-automotive engineer!)

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th March 2016 at 17:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks