Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Zen Estilo - Suggestions and opinions for tyre please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Thanks for the comparison. Wanted to know what are the advantage of upgrading the % part? would that make a better impact or a worse impact on the drivability?

Well reason for going to MRF, as you are aware, I live in Camproad and there is MRF dealer quite nearby.
Moreover, I found the Bridgestone to be touch expensive. Would end up paying 2K more for all tyres. Also I have tube type and only brand good in tube type are MRF and Bridgestone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
@ para_7k, hey mate, please make our life easier and make elaborated suggestion. Since you have mentioned we have better choices at same price, how about giving us the brands names so we can make the decision.

Thanks.
You need to look at parameters like Overall Diameter, Sidewall Height also apart from Percentage.

Increase in Sidewall height = more rubber = Better Ride quality

Increase in Overall diameter = taller gearing = chances of touching the inner side of wheel wells.

@indianvirus, As far as I have seen, only Michelin's are costly. Yokohama, Continental, Apollo and Bridgestones are all priced close to MRF.

In fact, when we changed tyres for my friend's WagonR to 165/65 x 13, we enquired an MRF showroom for the price (no intention of buying). They quoted around 3200 for ZVTS Tubeless.

At another tyre store, we were quoted 2900 for Acelere and 3150 for Michelin XM1+

My friend straightaway bought Michelin XM1+

See this thread: Has a lot more info

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html
Old 24th August 2011, 16:35   #17
BHPian

Hi all,

I am reviving this thread after 9 months, just to share the updates with you guys. Finally I am going to get my car new set of shoe tomorrow. I went thru some threads and came to conclusion that apollo acceler suits my needs best. It's quiet, offers good grip, has decent life and is value for money. I am going with stock 145/70 R13. I have chekced with three different dealers and all quoted the price 2600/- per piece. This includes balancing and alignment. I hope this is ok price.

Regards.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:31   #18
BHPian

Hello all,

As mentioned in my previous post, I fitted Apollo Acceler to my estilo today. I paid 10400 for 4 nos. Got 500/- back for old MRFs (3 nos.). I haven't driven much, so cannot comment on them. However I am planning a highway trip in couple of days, we shall see then.

Regards.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:06   #19
Mik
BHPian

@indianvirus: Do let me know if the apollos were good for the highway.

I have a tyre dilemma myself. My 4.5 year old estilo LXI(the one with 145 section) has done only 20k km on its original set.
I am now having some low speed wobbling. The mech said that the tyres have gone "dry" and should be replaced.
My question:
Can i fit a tubeless Michelin MX1 on my current stock rims. Is it necessary to upgrade to alloys ? I am not sure i wanna spend so much as i might sell the car after 4 months.
Any other options i have ?
Old 5th October 2011, 18:59   #20
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
@indianvirus: Do let me know if the apollos were good for the highway.

I have a tyre dilemma myself. My 4.5 year old estilo LXI(the one with 145 section) has done only 20k km on its original set.
I am now having some low speed wobbling. The mech said that the tyres have gone "dry" and should be replaced. Is he correct ?
My question:
Can i fit a tubeless Michelin MX1 on my current stock rims. Is it necessary to upgrade to alloys ? I am not sure i wanna spend so much as i might sell the car after 4 months.
Any other options i have ?
Bumping this up. Really need the info as i need to get it changed tomorrow.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Bumping this up. Really need the info as i need to get it changed tomorrow.
Mik, go with the VXi stock size, 155/65 R13. It will fit the stock steel rim. You wouldn't need an alloy if the rims are in good condition. Also, you will get Michelin Energy 'XM1+' in that size. Really nice tyre though a bit costly.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 11:36   #22
Mik
BHPian

Just an update.

Yesterday i upgraded to 155/65R13 Michelin XM1+ as tubeless on my stock rims.The deal i got was 10.8k for 4 tyres in exchange.
Just awesome. Its as if i am driving a sedan. No more bounciness and much better grip. I love Michelin
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 15:20   #23
BHPian

hello...anyone using 195/45-14 tyres on Estilo? if so please advice make and driving experince
Old 24th January 2012, 16:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
hello...anyone using 195/45-14 tyres on Estilo? if so please advice make and driving experince
195/45-14? Is that a typo? I have never heard of such a spec.

And 195 is a huge overkill for the Estilo.
Old 25th January 2012, 15:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
195/45-14? Is that a typo? I have never heard of such a spec.

And 195 is a huge overkill for the Estilo.
oh...i actually meant 166/65R14 of the new wagon R Vxi
Old 26th January 2012, 12:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its 155/65R14.

And I doubt it will fit the Estilo. The current WagonR is an new platform and the Estilo is nothing but a different body on the old WagonR platform. The R14 might be too big for the Estilo.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 09:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
If you meant 165/65 R14, it will be too tall.

If you want some improvement over the stock tyre, go for 165/65 R13. This will improve the ride and handling to some extent.

But, you may have to change the rims. 165 may be a squeeze on your stick rim.
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 07:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

I put michelin 155/65 R13 energy Xm2 on my estilo yesterday. Deal was 14400 for four tyres. The place was tyre empire hsr layout. The manager said the road clearance will be reduced by 3 mm copared to original 145/70 R13. But yes I am feeling smoothness in driving and breakinf has improved. Looks to be a good decision.
Old 30th August 2016, 16:11   #29

My Estillo needed Tyre changes after 70K KM. Did it 2 weeks back. The Tyre dealer is a friend's cousin and he too recommended me "Michelin 155/65 R13 Xm2".
Got the entire work , Tyre changes, Valves, wheel balancing, Nitrogen Gas 32 psi for 13300 INR.

Must say after 2 weeks there is a perceptible difference in the way the car drives. Much smoother and i like to believe there is a mileage improvement. Well these are on expected terms but moot point is I would recommend Michelin. I had Bridgestone earlier which came with the car itself. Could not change the tyres earlier as I was out of town and my wife was the main user.

Cheers,
-theCapri
Old 7th April 2017, 16:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I put michelin 155/65 R13 energy Xm2 on my estilo yesterday. Deal was 14400 for four tyres. The place was tyre empire hsr layout. The manager said the road clearance will be reduced by 3 mm copared to original 145/70 R13. But yes I am feeling smoothness in driving and breakinf has improved. Looks to be a good decision.
Hi,

How has the tyre turned out for you so far (incase you still have the Estilo)?

I have a 2010 LXi at 20k odo only. Barely used I know but serviced regularly and is in mint condition. Now that I have started using the car regularly I am looking to change the tyres. Stock came with 145/65 R13. XM2 155/65 R13 is what i was looking forward to as a replacement. Could you please throw some light on the performance and which dealer was it in HSR? Any pointers near Electronic City?

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th April 2017 at 16:43.

Most Viewed