Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 19:30   #376
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Guys,does upgrading tyres affect VW warranty? How much can I expect for the new apollos that the Vento comes with? I also want to increase the ground clearance a bit so should I get 205/60? My bad if this is a very repetitive question!

Last edited by Doge : 19th June 2015 at 19:36.
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:10   #377
BHPian

Planning to change my Vento's stock tyres (185/60R15 Apollo Accelere) to 205/55R15. They have done close t0 37K (and one of those is very weak, as i drove it for 10kms on a flat tire)
I was thinking of either MRF ZLO/Zsport.
Dont want to go behind the biggies- Michelin, Conti, Yokos for now, simply because i feel the homegrown MRF (ZLO) is competent for our roads and my use.

Have got good set of reviews of ZLO, but nothing about Zsport.
Quote i have from MRF exclusives in Bangalore are 5K (ZLO) and 5.3K (Zsportz).
The Dealer is in all praise for Zsport, but wanted to know any review/comments on Zsport, before i decide.

Appreciate quick feedback.
Old 26th June 2015, 15:32   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murajith View Post
Planning to change my Vento's stock tyres (185/60R15 Apollo Accelere) to 205/55R15.
Update: As i didnt get any response and couldnt wait longer, I went ahead and upgraded to MRF ZSport 205/55R15.

Initial feedback after 100+ kms: Feels good (in line with few reviews i read about ZLO). I will try to post a detailed review, once i drive it for some more kilometers
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 14:05   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murajith View Post
Update: As i didnt get any response and couldnt wait longer, I went ahead and upgraded to MRF ZSport 205/55R15.

Initial feedback after 100+ kms: Feels good (in line with few reviews i read about ZLO). I will try to post a detailed review, once i drive it for some more kilometers
My Vento has done ~43,500 kms on MRF ZLOs and I will need to replace the tyres soon .
The ZLOs work well for the first 10-15K kms after which they become slightly noisy. But the road grip - dry and wet is not bad and have driven them till date without any issues.
I would like to upgrade to the 205/55 R15 and see what happens with the ZSport !
Old 6th July 2015, 15:19   #380
BHPian

Guys need an explanation. I am proposing to upgrade tyres in my vento to 195/60 r 15. I wan to know what will be the effect on speed,fuel efficiency, odometer and speedometer readings ,acceleration & braking?
Old 6th July 2015, 15:47   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Guys need an explanation. I am proposing to upgrade tyres in my vento to 195/60 r 15. I wan to know what will be the effect on speed,fuel efficiency, odometer and speedometer readings ,acceleration & braking?
Negligible. 195/60 is a good upgrade since the stock size doesn't give you too many good options plus you get additional patch width of 10 mm which is enough without compromising on other factors that you've mentioned. I'm on my second set of 195/60R15's after running the life off the stock Aceleres. If you are OK with Yokohama, try Earth 1 or dB (the former if you have rough road usage, latter primarily for city).
Old 6th July 2015, 15:54   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here's an image I had saved from the forums itself. Someone had shared it before:

Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-volkswagen-vento-tyre-size-comparison.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 18:15   #383
BHPian

Thanks Gannu. Forgive being ignorant still but can you suggest the best size if I want to get the least error in speedometer and odometer reading but not scrap the wheel well too?
Old 6th July 2015, 20:05   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gannu. Forgive being ignorant still but can you suggest the best size if I want to get the least error in speedometer and odometer reading but not scrap the wheel well too?
They're all fine; within 2% error is considered acceptable. 195/60 is available in many brands so you will have a good choice compared to the 55 profile. 205 patch width is a bit too much IMHO.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 21:05   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
After atleast 3-4 months of planning, getting reviews from so many helpful members of Team bhp and searching for long hours on internet, have finally found and bought tyres which suit my taste and driving style.
I can see that you have upgraded the tyre on stock alloys. Don't they pose any problem? I always thought wider tyres would warrant me to buy a new alloy.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2015 at 12:35. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 10th July 2015, 02:35   #386

Rescue me please: Tyre burst on Vento

Mods, posting this thread as am desperate for an immediate advise. Please take appropriate action.

Our vento suffered a tyre burst today on my way back home from my native. The front left tyre hit a pothole when my visibility got impaired with the huge swirls of dust caused by a lorry from the construction site. Fortunately, i was doing 20-30 kmph and managed to pull the car safely to the side of the road. The sidewall of the tyre had a hole and it deflated rapidly. According to the tyre shop guy nearby, it is not worth anymore even with a tube inside. The car has 30k on the ODO and the tread depth left on the other tires is good enough to make it for another 15-20k kms as its mostly used for highway runs.

I thought of few options like changing front two tires or the left tyre with a new one, a used tyre etc., but pretty confused to conclude on anything.

Now my question is to BHPians based at Hyderabad or elsewhere who has changed their stock tires at the time of delivery. Please pitch in.

Can you please suggest me any place where i can get the stock tires that were exchanged? Mine are apollo alnacs. I thought of getting all 4 tyres replaced with the stock ones if a good bargain is viable.

Please share your thoughts.

Moderator's note: Please SEARCH before creating new threads. And please title your threads suitably.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2015 at 08:33. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 10th July 2015, 07:57   #387
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rescue me please: Tyre burst on Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyaneesh View Post
I thought of few options like changing front two tires or the left tyre with a new one, a used tyre etc., but pretty confused to conclude on anything.
Your thread title is totally misleading mate, please get it edited. I thought you must have had an accident due to tyre burst.

What size is your spare stepney? You can use it in the front as for now. You can enquire with the local tyre vendors if they have an exchanged unused tyre (from some vehicle who had opted for stock tyre replacement), you might get it cheap. Or else you can buy a new one if replacing only one tyre is in your mind.

Whatever you do, the WA/WB done post tyre changes. Check this link for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html
Old 10th July 2015, 11:53   #388
BHPian

Re: Rescue me please: Tyre burst on Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyaneesh View Post
Our vento suffered a tyre burst today on my way back home from my native. The front left tyre hit a pothole when my visibility got impaired with the huge swirls of dust caused by a lorry from the construction site. Fortunately, i was doing 20-30 kmph and managed to pull the car safely to the side of the road.
Its surprising to have a tyre go kaput at such low speeds. This may indicate that the tyres probably are at the end of their life. Tread depth is not the only criteria/indicator of tyre life. Have all your tyres thoroughly checked by a competent tyre garage. Add to this, the fact that they have already done duty for 30k and that you use the car mostly for highways, its best you buy a set of 4 new tyres for the car.

Regards
ASVA
Old 10th July 2015, 15:57   #389

Sorry godhlur for putting such a title. I become too emotional and over cautious when something bad happens to cars. The rest of the journey was pretty tiresome by driving under 60kmph with the spare tyre and my mind is occupied with many other things. I only thought it will catch someone's attention soon for advising. I didn't notice it will be misleading. Sorry about that. My bad.

The spare tyre is 175/70 R14 and the resr are 185/60 R15's. I am going to the neighbourhood tyre vendor now to check for the possible alternatives. Will ask them if they have any of the stock tires that came under exchange.

Meanwhile, I request BHPians from Hyderabad, if you get to see this post, please suggest me a place where any of you had this experience of exchange at the time of delivery. I'll pay them a visit wherever they may be based at. I don't want to spend much for a brand new tyre at this moment. Your help is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Mods, please accept my apologies for posting this as a new thread. Will take extra care for my future posts.

Thanks ASVA for your inputs.
Though the speeds are relatively less, the car is on the move since morning. It did roughly about 700 kms from start and I believe the tyres must be pretty hot and the rupture/bump at such a state might have resulted in the burst.

Yes, i do keep an eye on the health and condition of tyres every week. This car will be doing at least 5000 kms or so every month. So, I can't take chances on its well being. In fact, it had a check up at the ASC recently and they said tyres are top notch. As it's due for its second service i am thinking of tyre rotation this time and sadly this incident happened prior to it. Even though it has clocked 30k, it's only 9 months of age.

I am going to a local tyre vendor now to check for possible alternatives. I am not able to see the car wearing a spare tyre😒. I can feel it talking to me in a sad tone to get it fixed ASAP.

Will update you shortly. Thanks again for taking out time.
Old 9th August 2015, 17:04   #390
BHPian

guys, where to get the alloys of my Vento painted matte black? i am currently near Pondicherry. Car detailers in and around Trichy/Chennai/Coimbatore/Salem are accessible. OR can it be done in any nearby workshop? (quality is top priority for me).

BTW, I have postponed the plans of changing tyres as of now. they have run for 18000 km and can manage 12000 Kms more so, I will be changing to Yokos during my second service.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th August 2015 at 17:36. Reason: Formatting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks