Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 00:49   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vento Highline TDi- My Silver Streak - 15K km first service Completed

I think I paid 5250 Per tyre back in Oct 2011. It was definitely more costlier than the C drives and cheaper than the Michelin LC.

And for the comparison - There is simply no comparision to the outright acceleration of the Vento. I love turbo diesels, they may be crude, noisy, not refined blah blah, but in my books the driving pleasure they provide aren't matched by the petrol counterparts. Rogue is decent with its CVT transmission but vento is in a league of its own as far as outright acceleration is concerned.

I picked up Rogue considering the utility requirements I had and also I'd want to play safe till the time I settle down and reach a level of financial stability. I picked the Rogue from used car market, its done only 33k miles and was in very good condition. Its fully loaded with keyless entry, Bose audio system, sunroof, etc, but build quality and ride is no where close to the europeans.

To sum it up - Vento is the true Rogue between the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
By any chance would you remember the price that each of the turanzas come for ?
Good to have you back Bala even though you have defected to the Japs family! Thats a cool crossover that you have now and as usual a review is expected - maybe just to complicate matters , how about a comparo between Rogue and Vento ? 175 bhp / 240 Nm Vs 105 bhp/250 Nm
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 16:55   #137
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi Guys,

Apologies for being absconding from the forum for quite a few months now because of various personal reasons.

Its been 21 months now with my VW Vento TDI Highline(White) and with 35k completed now. During a rear tyre puncture upgrade this week I was being informed by the guys there that both my rear tyres were at Red(they had a marker to check the tyres) and front ones were at Yellow(approaching red). I do a lot of city driving with good long stretches around Pune every two months and do drive fast mostly. To plan for my tyre upgrade, I need your advice please?

1. Should I just replace my rear tyres for now and replace front tyres in next 6 months and save some cash for now?

2. Which tyres should I upgrade to? I read through lot of posts in this forum but to be honest I am thoroughly confused and need a recoomendation here.

From a stability and comfort standpoint with the curent stock tyre size, I have been mostly satisfied with the performance considering the fact that I didnt want to compromise on FE at all. But now as I anyways have to invest so want to chose the right vendor and dimensions. To be honest, I dont know what comfort a 205 would provide instead of 185? I dont know how bridgestone will perform better than apollo with same dimensions?

About my nature of driving, I drive long distances many a times and the current 35k ODI has been contributed from many state highways. There have been only four punctures till date. I dont want to experiment with my tyres here and need an option as admirable like a VW TDI performance which can last longer than current ones, better handling and no impact to FE.

Would appreciate if I could get a quick help so that I can get this done on the weekend itself. I am based out at Pune.
Old 14th August 2012, 05:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

35k is just about right life for the aceleres. Replace all the four at the same time.

This thread has quite well summarized the experience of vento owners with various brands. Everything is well documented and I dont see any reason for confusion, really. You anyways dont have too much of choice in the first place. C-Drives, Michelin LC's and BS ER 60 are some favorites amongst various owners in the 195 profile. You wouldn't know what you are missing in your stock aceleres till you experience the better one's out there.

Choose depending on your budget,driving style and priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post

1. Should I just replace my rear tyres for now and replace front tyres in next 6 months and save some cash for now?

2. Which tyres should I upgrade to? I read through lot of posts in this forum but to be honest I am thoroughly confused and need a recoomendation here.
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:27   #139
BHPian

Once again revisiting the issue of tires for 16" rims. 205/50 R16 or 195/55 R16?
I am afraid the steering will become too heavy with the 205 setup. Will it also affect performance in a major way?

The only issue with the 195/55 setup is that overall diameter difference is a shade under 3%.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:32   #140
BHPian

I would like to update my experience with 205/50 R16s for the benefit of fellow members. I am currently running a set of used Yoko A drive R1s till the monsoons end and later on move to Apollo acelere Maxx or buy another set of Yoko A drive R1s. If possible and affordable, I would like to go in for Conti ExtremeContact DWs.

First of all, the car sits slightly higher than stock or maybe that's just in my head. The sidewall height is 4.03" as opposed to 4.37" of stock 185/60. On my first drive after installation I purposely took it to a bad road studded with potholes and honestly, the difference in ride quality was not even noticeable. The first thing you do notice is how the steering weighs up, much more feedback from the steering now and no tramlining. However those with primary city driving might not like that. Grip levels are amazing, tire noise is lesser than the acelere's. I can't comment whether or not it has effected the fuel efficiency much as I hardly do 10-15km a day and couldn't care less. As for performance, I feel slight drag when accelerating like something is pulling the car back but once in motion, the car seems to roll faster. Somehow braking seems to have improved as well, maybe that's just me again.
himanshu_j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 19:02   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

205/50 R16 is a good upgrade- just 1.13% error. I am very scared of upgrading to 16 inchers because it would mean a significant outlay and at the end of it if I end up disappointed that would be awful!

Having said that, your Polo looks hot, Himanshu! Thanks for the update.
Old 27th August 2012, 21:23   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
205/50 R16 is a good upgrade- just 1.13% error. I am very scared of upgrading to 16 inchers because it would mean a significant outlay and at the end of it if I end up disappointed that would be awful!

Having said that, your Polo looks hot, Himanshu! Thanks for the update.
Thank you so much. I am ditching the black roof soon by the way. Too ricer in my opinion and unnecessary stares by the policemen at the checkposts.

You're right about the significant outlay, better you go in for the upgrade when your current tires wear out. You can even experiment with 195/55s however only Bridgestone B250 is available and speed error is around 2.7%.
Old 29th August 2012, 19:22   #143
BHPian

Hi All

My Vento's clocked 28K Kms and I can see the tyres fading quickly now. I have got the front brake pads replaced recently.

My drive is a mix of city and highway with the occasional bad road thrown in.

My current stock OEs are Acceleres and their problems are well known.

I need:
1. Good grip
2. Less noise
3. Ability to handle bad roads without cuts/punctures.
4. Don't want to compromise the handling or suspension effects
5. Tyre upgrade to 195/60 R15 or 205/60 R15 (?)

Will the BS Turanza be a good choice ? I am not changing the rim size. Gyan wanted please !!
Old 29th August 2012, 20:43   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm

I need:
1. Good grip
2. Less noise
3. Ability to handle bad roads without cuts/punctures.
4. Don't want to compromise the handling or suspension effects
5. Tyre upgrade to 195/60 R15 or 205/60 R15 (?)

Will the BS Turanza be a good choice ? I am not changing the rim size. Gyan wanted please !!
BS Turanza ER60 meets all the above criteria.
I would play safe with 195 instead of 205.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 12:03   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
BS Turanza ER60 meets all the above criteria.
I would play safe with 195 instead of 205.
How good are the MRF ZLOs ? I think I will have a good deal for them due to some connections.
I got a quote for 5900 for Turanza ER60.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:37   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm
How good are the MRF ZLOs ? I think I will have a good deal for them due to some connections.
I got a quote for 5900 for Turanza ER60.
I have read on the forum that they are good. No personal experience.
My swift runs on BS Turanza ER 60 185/70/R14. I can tell you about them.
Search on the forum about ZLOs.
Old 16th September 2012, 16:21   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

I have read on the forum that they are good. No personal experience.
My swift runs on BS Turanza ER 60 185/70/R14. I can tell you about them.
Search on the forum about ZLOs.
Got 4 ZLOs (195/60/R15 88H) yesterday for my vento and the drive about 20km inside Chennai city, the immediate observation is a marked reduction in tyre noise.

A long drive down south might be in the anvil, let me push the car and tyre and see what happens
Old 16th September 2012, 17:55   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Got 4 ZLOs (195/60/R15 88H) yesterday for my vento and the drive about 20km inside Chennai city, the immediate observation is a marked reduction in tyre noise.

A long drive down south might be in the anvil, let me push the car and tyre and see what happens
How much did it hit on the wallet? And the spare is still the 175/70/R14?
Old 17th September 2012, 07:54   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
How much did it hit on the wallet? And the spare is still the 175/70/R14?
Yep the spare remains the same !
Price - will pm you . But a lot less than BS WITH FREE wheel balance as well !
Old 25th September 2012, 20:23   #150
BHPian

Guys can I have my old Lenso Samurai SC-01 17" fixed to the Vento. It's removed from the swift I had previously (seen in my display pic). Back during the 'swift' days I was running on 225/45 R17. I am aware of the error percentage but its good to know if I actually can.

Name:  image3782135443.png
Views: 5321
Size:  464.2 KB

This is the same one I have with me. Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks