Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 12:23   #256
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
So, i think 195/60 will be a better option. Only thing stopping me is the side wall strength of primacy 3 ST and XM2 and its also bit expensive at 6200 & 6000 respectively. Any one got a better deal for these tires ?
I have exchanged my Apollo Accelere with P3ST(195/60R15).

For four tires I had to pay Rs 13,000(including balancing and fitment)
Old 17th November 2013, 12:39   #257
BHPian

I exchanged my 1 day old Goodyear 185/60 and got Michelin 3ST. Had to pay 14800 Rs which included wheel alignment. Initially thought of CPC2 but after reading reviews about the latest version of Michelin decided to take the plunge!
Old 17th November 2013, 18:48   #258
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have exchanged my Apollo Accelere with P3ST(195/60R15).

For four tires I had to pay Rs 13,000(including balancing and fitment)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I exchanged my 1 day old Goodyear 185/60 and got Michelin 3ST. Had to pay 14800 Rs which included wheel alignment. Initially thought of CPC2 but after reading reviews about the latest version of Michelin decided to take the plunge!
Hi,

Please can you guys share the shop details.

regards,
-manju
Old 17th November 2013, 18:51   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi,

regards,
-manju
Madhu's tyre shop JC Road. Call them before going.
Old 17th November 2013, 18:55   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi,

regards,
-manju
I have bought it from Madhu's Langford road. http://www.madhus.com/contactus.html

Contact details:
David/Ravi: 080 2223 2869
Nikhil(owner): 90084 00738
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 18:59   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Madhu's tyre shop JC Road. Call them before going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have bought it from Madhu's Langford road. http://www.madhus.com/contactus.html

Contact details:
Nikhil(owner): 90084 00738
Thanks Guys, I know Madhu's and my all cars get/got all wheel treatment at Madhu's.
Me (mostly a friend of mien too) about to book Vento TDI HL. So as in all my cars, I want to change my tyres on first possible opportunity, so this info will certainly help.
Old 26th November 2013, 12:51   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Whats the right size for upgrade? 195/60 or 205/55 ? The Vento am getting today has Goodyear and I want to change it right from the showroom. Please advice. Based on experience of the people here am planning to go for CPC2.

Hi Prabhu,

The right one is 205/55. You will get 205/60 as well in some brands. I went for Yokohama S Drive for mine. Being a Michelin customer for my i20, I would say Yoko is much of a spotier tyre. On dry surfaces, it performs amazingly well, much silent that the french rubber, It will make your vehicle spotier.

Michelin is noisy, but the tyre life will be much more for it. If you ask me for a comparison [comparing Michelin XM2 & Yoko S Drive ] here are my comments.

Michelin Advantages:
---------------------
1. Amazing grip and stability on wet surfaces even at high speeds.
2. Better durability.
3. It will easily cross 60 - 65K Kms if well maintained.

Yoko Advantages:
------------------
1. Much lesser noisy than Michelin.
2. Sporty cuts and catchy looks.
3. Superior grip in dry surfaces.
4. Nice cornering grip.
5. Tyre life 45-50K Kms max.

-----
Note:
-----
I am expecting the below stuffs to be followed every time to get these results.

a) Alignment & Balancing done in every 1K Kms.
b) Tyre roation done in every 5K Kms.
c) Filled with Nitrogen and pressure checked every 1K\1 month
[which ever comes earlier]

- Nikz
Old 8th December 2013, 12:06   #263
BHPian

Once again . Can some one tell me the best comfort tyre with minimal impact on mileage in 195/60 r 15 pattern?

My02, cpc2, 3ST or any other? How's alnac
Old 8th December 2013, 12:19   #264
BHPian

Me and one of my friend got our Vento's delivered last week from Autoapple Bangalore.
The same day we went and changed the tyres(4 numbers each) to Michelin P3ST 195/60R15, at Madhu's Langford road shop , my usual tyre shop for nearly 14 years. We paid Rs.13,400 and Rs.13,800/- respectively, for exchange with original Apollo and JK tyres, with balancing and nitrogen.

As usual great service(now taken for granted) without even a singlemark on alloys and got team-bhp discount for balancing.

Contact details:

So after nearly 200+ KMs, the ride is excellent, and tyre noise is almost none. Yet to take on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Once again . Can some one tell me the best comfort tyre with minimal impact on mileage in 195/60 r 15 pattern?

First 200+KMs, the MID shows 16.2 KMPL in Bangalore with 100% AC and with 70% of drive in peak hours, with average speed of just 18 kmph and drive time of nearly 12+ hrs, as per MID.
The P3ST is certainly comfortable with low noise. Too early to comment about grip and high speed noise.

Picked Michelin, as my previous 3 sets are Michelin PLC and I never had any issues. So why to change the brand when happy.

Last edited by manjubp : 8th December 2013 at 12:28.
Old 8th December 2013, 19:36   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No exact data on a one-on-one comparo basis, but @mikon, @souravc & yours truly have had (/are having) an excellent experience with CPC2. The road grip has increased quite a bit (as compared to Apollo) and the tires perform good in all factors (durability, reliability, noise, grip). This is for 195/60 R15 patterns of course.
Old 8th December 2013, 19:59   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
No exact data on a one-on-one comparo basis, but @mikon, @souravc & yours truly have had (/are having) an excellent experience with CPC2. The road grip has increased quite a bit (as compared to Apollo) and the tires perform good in all factors (durability, reliability, noise, grip). This is for 195/60 R15 patterns of course.
any change in the comfort level? did you see any difference in improvement in rough road handling?
Old 8th December 2013, 20:12   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
any change in the comfort level? did you see any difference in improvement in rough road handling?
Initial few weeks the comfort level was quite improved; but then after that I felt it was back to sane levels. But it might be that I was over-expecting. The tires do extremely well on bad roads, but then the Vento handling ain't the best in the market, so one needs to take that into consideration. But overall these are extremely durable - that's the core strength.
Old 15th December 2013, 23:59   #268
BHPian

Are valves to be bought separately or do they come with the tyres only? and is there any quality difference?

Sorry, but I am a novice here
Old 5th January 2014, 22:39   #269
BHPian

All,
My vento is over 36K kms now with the stock apollo tyres. I drive at high speeds. I changed the brake pads recently (32K Kms).
The apollo tyres are no good for my use now since i see challenges in bringing the car under control even at medium speed like 100-120+kmph.I'm more concerned & not confident to push the car until i change the tyres.

I read the complete thread & understood that 205/55/15 is the best option to go for. I have few doubts & request for guidance.

1) Is there any other good brand (meaning more reliable) that i can consider for the stock size - 185/60/15. I don't mind going with the same configs.
2) If there are no good brands for the above size (185/60/15), then i will go with 205/55/15.As mentioned earlier, it should handle high speeds comfortably with good braking & stability.

Please suggest a good option as per my need.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th January 2014 at 22:45. Reason: Please avoid mention of high speed driving on the forum.
Old 8th January 2014, 10:01   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
No issues whatsoever with ABS sensor. Have been happy with my upgrade (Michelin Primacy LC 195/60 R15) and have been running on these tyres for about 11 months now (12K Kms). Need to get my car serviced next month (1st service) - will update if service folks comment on the upgrade or if any warranty issues come up during service.

PC,
Did you get any update from the service guys about the tyre upgrade.
I wonder why VW makes anything impossible other than what comes with the car..

Even i have to change the tyres now & I'm tempted to go for a upgrade, but will have to settle down with the stock size if there would be any warranty issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks