Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 14:41   #451
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Vento 2012 version - front tires worn out more than rear tires. I suspect A.S.S. did not do any tire rotation during services. Car has run 35K. Is it time to change or just rotate and run?
Old 30th May 2016, 15:13   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Vento 2012 version - front tires worn out more than rear tires. I suspect A.S.S. did not do any tire rotation during services. Car has run 35K. Is it time to change or just rotate and run?
Ideally one should change all the tires at the same time. In case you think that the current rear tires can sustain for another 5-10k kms, then the new tires must go at the rear end and the older rear tires can go the front
vin_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 15:41   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Ideally one should change all the tires at the same time. In case you think that the current rear tires can sustain for another 5-10k kms, then the new tires must go at the rear end and the older rear tires can go the front
Thanks, vin_b.
Dear Ventopians, Please confirm whether Apollo Acceleres last only 35K kms?
Old 30th May 2016, 15:44   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, vin_b.
I used my Aceleres for 30,000 km only. You may be able to stretch their useful life till 40,000 km at the most but beyond that is not recommended.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 15:55   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, vin_b.
Have a similar problem, 2 tires worn out more than the other 2. In spite of alignment/balancing rotation every 5K km. I am at 27K and definitely looks like I will need to replace in the next 5K km max.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 14:34   #456
BHPian

Yesterday, replaced all my four Acceleres with Michelin XM2. Now the drive is so silent and comfortable. Have to watch for a month to really comment on the improvement of Michelin over the Acceleres.
Old 31st May 2016, 16:39   #457
BHPian

I upgraded to Michelin PST, after running the stock JK Vectra for just around 30K KM's. Though there was some life left in them, I did not wanted to take any risk before one of my long drives.
Old 15th June 2016, 17:18   #458
BHPian

Does any one know about the reliability factor of Falken SN835 tyres. The dealer quoted Rs.4,400/- per tyre. But in snapdeal i can see this tyre sells at Rs. 3700/-.
Old 24th June 2016, 16:47   #459
BHPian

Okay - I've done my research but am looking for a really clear answer for my final decision.

I've zeroed in on the Yoko S Drives 205/55 and the Michelin Primary 3 ST's.

I am a driving enthusiast, but my vehicle is doubles as a family vehicle - with frequent long trips out of town. I've clocked about 65K kms in a Petrol TSI in about than 2 years - so I drive a lot. I don't mind the average road noise - and prefer grip over noise - but am concerned with the Wet Grip of the Yokos.

Are the Michelins worth it even though they're 195's - or does 205 make a noticeable difference to handling and ride quality?

P.S. - I do end up crashing through the occasional pothole since Mumbai has terrible roads. Also off roading is minimal - but then again, perhaps the roads here might qualify for "Off-Roads" elsewhere by mild lofty standards.
Old 24th June 2016, 17:30   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
Are the Michelins worth it even though they're 195's - or does 205 make a noticeable difference to handling and ride quality?
I have had a brief experience with 195 3ST's on a Rapid and did not like them a lot when it comes to grip levels as they started squealing a lot earlier than i expected, the noise was controlled and comfort was good but when it comes to matching grip levels with S drives, they do fall short.

I have 205 S drives on my Vento, completed 18000 kms and i really love these tyres as they are very smooth and offer phenomenal grip when pushed around corners or driving flat out on highways. Even the braking has improved a lot with brembo's and 205 patch, the noise levels are a bit higher but nothing too serious and as for the durability, i have banged it around multiple potholes unknowingly and have had multiple trips to hills where there were bad roads but the tyres have held up well.

The sidewalls are stiff and compared to 195/60 with higher sidewalls, comfort does take a slight hit. I have driven multiple times in rains and could not find any thing wrong with wet grip (i never push the car too much in wet as mine is a diesel and it does not have ESP). One thing i can assure is that once the initial 600-700 kms on new S drives are completed, you would never be able to hear them squeal even a bit, the grip is that good. Infact, my 3 series with 225 Bridgestones start squealing at the same speed, at the same corner where the S drives quietly complete the turn.
Am a Yokohama customer for life.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 24th June 2016 at 17:32.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 09:52   #461
BHPian

Just changed my stock 185 Alnacs to 205/55 Yoko S drives.
These are march 2016 manufactured ones so contrary to reports they are not discontinued.
Havent driven much but from the short drives done I could see a noticeable difference in grip and cornering
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 16:34   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Just changed my stock 185 Alnacs to 205/55 Yoko S drives.
These are march 2016 manufactured ones so contrary to reports they are not discontinued.
Havent driven much but from the short drives done I could see a noticeable difference in grip and cornering
Awesome. Could you tell me from your short duration if the wet grip is better than the Apollo's? Since it's raining heavily in Mumbai currently, and and wet grip is an essential part of my decision to switch out my tyres now.
Old 26th June 2016, 23:31   #463

Hi. My new Vento Tsi comfortline is shod with JK Vectra? Are those the stock tyres for this model?
Old 27th June 2016, 09:19   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Pai View Post
Hi. My new Vento Tsi comfortline is shod with JK Vectra? Are those the stock tyres for this model?
If budget permits you, please change it ASAP. I understand, from the forum, that those tyres are a limiting factor to the capabilities of your machine! I wouldn't say the same for the Apollo's though!
There are plenty of options available, the top being Michelin P3ST and the Yokohama S drives!
Happy and safe driving!
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:37   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
Awesome. Could you tell me from your short duration if the wet grip is better than the Apollo's? Since it's raining heavily in Mumbai currently, and and wet grip is an essential part of my decision to switch out my tyres now.
It hasnt rained much in Pune so wet grip performance is still to be tested properly. But I am sure it will be good. I will keep you posted
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks