Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 18th July 2021, 10:11   #226

Default Re: When is the right time to change tyres?

Using the feedback received here, I did some checking new tyre options during the week. I found another thread here on Madhus Tyre Centre which had very positive member feedback.

So spoke with them about my requirements and though they were helpful on the phone, thought it best to visit them directly. The staff is very helpful and gave enough info on replacements with stock size and other size possibilities.

The only options available for my Micra stock size 175/60/R15 were:
1. MRF ZVTV AT4 - 5000+
2. Bridgestone B290 - above 6000

Other choices in the 185/60/R15 were:
1. Michelin XM2+ - 6200
2. Bridgestone B290 - above 6000
3. MRF ZVTV AT4 - 5000+
4. Yokohoma Earth1 - 4900

I asked about the upsize to 195/55/R15 but the prices were higher. Also given my rather sedate driving, not sure if I wanted to increase budget further while it would have been the right upsize.

While they didn't have Yokohoma BluEarth-AE51, from what I'd read even the Earth1 seemed like a good choice. So finally settled on the Yokohoma Earth1 in the 185/60/R15 size.

The wheel balancing and alignment was also done professionally minor weight issues sorted. Also got the wiper blades replaced as the existing ones were worn out.

For the old Bridgestones, I got only 500

I will monitor the driveability and see how much of the family's complaints of bumpy rides have reduced. Will post an update on this after I have had a chance to drive longer trips

Thank you all for your feedback and helpful comments. Much appreciated!
Old 25th July 2021, 19:03   #227
BHPian

My Honda Jazz VX is 5 years 3 months old and has run only 24k kms. I had a puncture leak recently, and last week I had taken it to a tyre center, and they told me they can't patch it as there are cracks propagating from it, and trying to patch it again using the usual method might cause the cracks to propagate more and fix might not last. Yesterday, I took it to another MRF tyre center to get mushroom patch on it. There too, he said the same, and said he can't guarantee the patch and asked me to get the tyres replaced. He said they will apply the patch at my responsibility. I got it done.

Now, late 2019, I had replaced one tyre as I had a sidewall puncture which couldn't be repaired. I had replaced with the same Goodyear Triple Assurance, which was also the OEM tyre. However, due to lockdown from last year, the car has run only around 5k since then. So, my question is, can I just replace the other three tyres now? Is it better to replace with same brand, or is it ok if its different brand too (say Yokohome BE).
Old 25th July 2021, 19:33   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
My Honda Jazz VX is 5 years 3 months old and has run only 24k kms. ....So, my question is, can I just replace the other three tyres now? Is it better to replace with same brand, or is it ok if its different brand too (say Yokohome BE).
Don't mix tyres from different brands or model. It is better to replace all the tyres at once since the other tyres are 5+ year old. I believe 5year is a good time to replace the tyre. Even if you have not driven much, the tyre will become dry and get cracking. They are not safe for highway driving.

Most Viewed