Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 12:35   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Are alloy wheels prone to damage & can't be repaired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Noticed a small bend on my alloys during the last WA/WB.
Slight wobble was noticed during balancing. No air leak was detected.
The chap who did balancing told that he can send it to jc road and get it fixed and quoted 950 for this. Reasonable? Any places thats recommended for this job?
Please dont. Your life is worth much more than the cost of a brand new alloy wheel.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:46   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please dont. Your life is worth much more than the cost of a brand new alloy wheel.
One of my alloy wheels is slightly bent, was informed after WB. Deepak from Tyrestore told that it's just fine as balancing will take care of it.

I'm concerned. Is he right?
Old 26th April 2015, 16:17   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
One of my alloy wheels is slightly bent, was informed after WB. Deepak from Tyrestore told that it's just fine as balancing will take care of it.

I'm concerned. Is he right?
Depends on how bent the wheel is. Sometimes if it is mild, then balancing will take care of it.
Old 9th June 2015, 13:15   #94
BHPian

Hello,

Is there any place in Chennai or in the south that repair the deep platform scratches on alloys ?

I know this is done abroad with filler and paint but i haven't come across anyone doing it here.

cheers.
Old 4th July 2017, 16:11   #95
BHPian

Re: Are alloy wheels prone to damage & can't be repaired?

Hi All. One of the alloy wheel in my friend's Vento has a slight bend. We inquired with few tyre shops but no lead. Is there any place in Chennai to repair the bend?
Old 5th July 2017, 14:43   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Hi All. One of the alloy wheel in my friend's Vento has a slight bend. We inquired with few tyre shops but no lead. Is there any place in Chennai to repair the bend?
"Slight" is a very variable term. Personally if I had a dent/bend in an alloy wheel, I'd replace it. Or simply live with a steel wheel replacement if there was shortage of Vitamin M.

Our life is literally on those wheels when we drive. Vento is a car capable of fast speeds & maneuvering. Who takes the guarantee that whoever repairs it, will not create any further internal damage that is not visible to naked eye but creates maybe cracks when driving at 100kmph? These decisions must always be taken with worst case scenario also in the weighing scale I'd say. Don't do it...
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 19:39   #97
BHPian

Bumping an old thread, I recently got an internal TPMS installed into my wheels and while the installation tyre guy pointed out at the slightly bent rim of my front left alloy wheel. When I asked him about the bend removal and any other dangerous impacts, he mentioned this much bend won't do anything and suggested to put it at the back. I went through balancing and wheel alignment post that but now I've planned to do a very long trip (approx 5k kms) in coming month and having some doubts about the durability of wheel, shall I change that rim at the service center (need to check with them if they have it in availability or not) with the exact one?
Attached Thumbnails
Are alloy wheels prone to damage & can't be repaired?-20211001_095849.jpg  

Are alloy wheels prone to damage & can't be repaired?-20211001_095915.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks