Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2013, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre upsize issues with Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan
Smooth drive etc. But now getting frequent punctures. Also tread looks worn out. Toyota showroom guys asking me to replace. Local mechanic says I could easily pass this rainy season but I am bit worried about punctures!!
1. 90% of punctures happen during the last 10% of the tyre's life.
2. It's important especially in the monsoon time to have tread depth as it helps eject the water away from the tyre.
3. You also confirm that visually they look worn.

With these observations, I would strongly recommend replacing the tyres at the earliest.

Yokohama C-drives have always worked well with the Innova. If you've had a good experience, stick to them.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 22:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan View Post
You guessed it right guys. Upsizing was not the issue at all.
----------------
The problem is resolved.
Thanks for the inputs.
Can you pm me the contact details of the Nerul guy? Need to do Wheel alignment manually for my Innova. Thanks in advance!
Old 5th February 2014, 19:17   #18
BHPian

Mr. Fernandes
Opposite to LP signal, Nerul.
Old 17th December 2014, 00:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sharing an update. Changed to the third set of Yoko C.Drives (and fourth overall - I have a 185/65R14 set on My baleno too that earlier used to run Michelins) in my Innova - would have lasted another 5-10k but I do not like to squueze the last ounce out.

First set of 5 C.Drives lasted 47k
Second Set of 4 C.Drives Lasted 43k
Third set of 4 C.Drives .....will know in next couple years
Old 5th April 2015, 00:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
1. 90% of punctures happen during the last 10% of the tyre's life.
Thats new to me. I have been running my OEM Goodyear GT3s for 55000KMs without a single change. I did notice the frequency of punctures being much higher in the last 5000kms. Recently, there were like 3 punctures on the same tyre. One explanation I got is that as air pressure falls below the optimal, the tyres tend to just pick up all the nails and sharp stuff like its a sponge, relatively more than a fully inflated tyre.

My observation, or corollary to @Nitrous's first point is that tyres give up the air pressure much more easily during the last 10% of tyre's life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Sharing an update. Changed to the third set of Yoko C.Drives (and fourth overall
Just to confirm, have all your replacements been for 225/60 R15's? If so, how often do you suggest wheel balancing & alignment?

I have been on the fence about the size change to 225/60 from stock 205/65. I am emboldened by you, akshay, Ravi and others.

Now, the next thing to sort is Bridgestone Turanza Ar-20 Vs. Yokohama C.Drive Vs. Michelin Primacy LC. BTW, what happened to the ContiComfortContact CC5 after Continental tyres took over Modi Tyres? 3 years back, those were in the market and considered good! Then there are the Hankook OPTIMO ME02 K424 and Falkens. Which of these is more performance and less comfort? Which balances both where side walls handle our roads with grace and without damage?
Old 5th April 2015, 02:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post

Just to confirm, have all your replacements been for 225/60 R15's? If so, how often do you suggest wheel balancing & alignment?

I have been on the fence about the size change to 225/60 from stock 205/65. I am emboldened by you, akshay, Ravi and others.

Now, the next thing to sort is Bridgestone Turanza Ar-20 Vs. Yokohama C.Drive Vs. Michelin Primacy LC. BTW, what happened to the ContiComfortContact CC5 after Continental tyres took over Modi Tyres? 3 years back, those were in the market and considered good! Then there are the Hankook OPTIMO ME02 K424 and Falkens. Which of these is more performance and less comfort? Which balances both where side walls handle our roads with grace and without damage?
My suggestion is C.Drive for best comfort/grip balance if you take care of sidewalls (softest hence best ride but the weakest)
Michelin if you want the sidewalls slightly tougher
Birdgestone if you are frequent offroader maybe at cost of little grip.
Other brands I cannot comment. Also do your independent price check (yoko are the cheapest) and decide if a 20 percent higher cost upfront for another brand pays in the long tun
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 14:52   #22
BHPian

It has been some time after the last update in this thread. I wanted to check if the Yoko "C" drives are still the most recommended tyre for the Innova V or do you have any other suggestions? I am not able to see the "C" drives in the Yokohama official website, They are only recommending earth and AVS? I can go with 205 -65 or 225-60. Could you please suggest me the best ? My drives are combination of all, city, highway , bad roads, offroads... whatever
Old 13th November 2015, 21:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
I can go with 205 -65 or 225-60. Could you please suggest me the best ?
Check this thread for options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks