Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 23:02   #1
BHPian

Finally got new wheels for my A4.

Hello team bhp! I finally got my hands on some wheels for my Audi A4. These are ASA GT1's wrapped around with some Michelin Pilots (235/35/19). Mr. Lalit Jogani at Four Seasons Automobiles was great to deal with and now I know why his name is famous when it comes to modifying high end cars.
Please enjoy and let me know what you think. I also got some exhaust work done from them and the car sounds awesome.
Hope I catch you guys around.
Cheers! (Sorry for the picture quality, doing a photo shoot soon.)
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got new wheels for my A4.-img00612201103141255.jpg  

Finally got new wheels for my A4.-img00613201103141314.jpg  

Finally got new wheels for my A4.-img00620201103151000.jpg  

Finally got new wheels for my A4.-img00621201103151057.jpg  

Finally got new wheels for my A4.-img00623201103151201.jpg  

Finally got new wheels for my A4.-img00625201103151456.jpg  

i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2011, 23:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally got new wheels for my A4.

Wow!
Those rims look sweeet!!

Request you to share some more details on the performance benefits you observed, along with the cost details. Aren't these gonna reduce the ride-comfort?

Also, a video of the modified exhaust would be nice. Are the changes limited to the end can?

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 15th March 2011, 23:50   #3
BHPian

Alloy looks stunning man!! Congratulations

Please let us know what is the difference you have noticed so far with these new alloys, also if you don't mind please share the cost.

Video of the exhaust will also help
Old 15th March 2011, 23:56   #4
BHPian

I paid 1,81,000 INR for these along with the exhaust work which was a straight pipe to my muffeler. The ride comfort is compromised a littel didnt notice a big difference since these michelin pilots are very soft and are all seasons. Those tires have almost the same patterns as my stock factory 16 inch continentals.

The straight pipe made it a little laggy, but after 2,000 rpms when it hits full boost, the tires break loose even in 2nd gear. The straight pipe definately help the turbo spool out all that excess gas.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:02   #5
BHPian

Well the lag must be due to the lack of Back pressure in the exhaust now.

Do forgive me if the question has an obvious answer, but is the straight pipe from the header to the muffler direct? No cat-con any more? Not even a can to replace it? Are you using the stock muffler?

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 16th March 2011, 00:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Not bad at all, look good although I think the 19"s would be an overkill on our broken roads. And those are really low profile tyres there. Take care of your suspension. I'm sure the ride has gone for a toss. I think I saw this car in Oshiwara this afternoon when I took a turn towards Mega Mall. Would like to read about your other mods in your ownership thread.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:09   #7
BHPian

Thanks dippy i was in the lokandwala oshiwara area. Like i said the ride quality is not that bad, but then again i wouldnt know since i have been babying my car. To answer the exhaust question my setup basically is, manifold-turbo-downpipe-cat-straight pipe-muffeler.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Those are the best wheels you could have got for your car!! Looks amazing in 19" size, although you've compromised on ride Now where is PlatzdaTurbo? His 3.0TDI also needs these wheels badly!
Old 16th March 2011, 00:22   #9
BHPian

Here is the video i uploaded to youtube.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Those are the best wheels you could have got for your car!! Looks amazing in 19" size, although you've compromised on ride Now where is PlatzdaTurbo? His 3.0TDI also needs these wheels badly!
His car would look real sexy with these wheels!! I would love to do a photo shoot with our cars!!!
Old 16th March 2011, 00:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Platzda would not go for the 19's. We are thinking more on the lines of some swanky 18's whenever the time comes. Still quite some thousand kms away though. Have some nice things planned for that car. The monster will become even more vicious then

But this thread is about i<3turbo and his A4 so back to topic.

Last edited by Dippy : 16th March 2011 at 00:28.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Platzda would not go for the 19's. We are thinking more on the lines of some swanky 18's whenever the time comes. Still quite some thousand kms away though. Have some nice things planned for that car. The monster will become even more vicious then

But this thread is about i<3turbo and his A4 so back to topic.

Platzda's A4 can pull off 18s real well since he has that oem lip kit. I think he should go for some oem wheels or something close to oem looking since his car is very classy.
Old 16th March 2011, 14:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Peek-a-boo ! Here i am ! & yes i know , i have been told time & again to upgrade. I wish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
His car would look real sexy with these wheels!! I would love to do a photo shoot with our cars!!!
Sweet looking ride with those alloys man. Good 1.

Look? Hell yeah. But would I ? Nope. 19s are an overkill IMHO. I definitely plan to upgrade but its not really in my hand currently as my dad uses it and he doesn't want to break his back either by highly compromised ride quality OR shelling out that kind of money , either ways to look at it
& besides , its going to be a planned upgrade. I first plan to get a bluefin and chip it when i am done with warranty to say , 320 odd bhp and 700 NM
and when i do go for alloys, i will surely stick to 18s. Matte black 5-spoke similar to those on the S4 maybe.Noting too flashy for sure
Anyway all these upgrades are still some time away so id rather not think of it and bother myself.
By the way, what variant ? 1.8t ? 2.0t ? TDI ?

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 16th March 2011 at 14:30.
Old 16th March 2011, 16:23   #14
BHPian

i have a 1.8t, they didnt have the 3.2 or the 3.0 tdi when i came from the us and the 2.0 tfsi they didnt have in stock with a black interior so i had to compromise for a 1.8 :( but platzda we should meet up sometime i want to check out the ride bro and maybe take some pics of it ill also give you a ride in my car you can see it isnt that bad compared to the stock ride quality.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
i have a 1.8t, they didnt have the 3.2 or the 3.0 tdi when i came from the us and the 2.0 tfsi they didnt have in stock with a black interior so i had to compromise for a 1.8 :( but platzda we should meet up sometime i want to check out the ride bro and maybe take some pics of it ill also give you a ride in my car you can see it isnt that bad compared to the stock ride quality.

Sure why not ? Always game for a photo shoot. I am so deeply in love and awe of this machine that i never get tired of drooling over her though she stands in my garage everyday. Dippy & me have had some short but memorable stints in this baby
Anyway we will surely plan something soon

Most Viewed