Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 14:49   #16
GKS
BHPian

Re: Ride-On ® - Tire Protection System - feedback and pricing?

Dear all

I saw another TPS vipseal couple of days earlier and visited their web site. With Ride on I had to drive for 30+kms as per the dealer before the sealant properly sets in but vip seal claims that you have to ride only for 4-5kms. Any user feedback on this one. By way Rideon TPS works.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:30   #17
BHPian

User Reviews - Tyre Protector - http://www.tyreprotector.org/

Mods, please let me know if such a thread can be started. Thanks.

Hello,

I was recently approached by a sales person in Hyderabad from the above said company and he gave me a proper demo by driving a six inch nail into his front Maruti tyre [the tyre by the way was full of holes] and showed me how the tryeportector sealant works by filling up the hole immediately. [No puncture in a life of a tyre]

This is quite an interesting product but when I checked the site, it is primarily recommended for Industrial and Commercial tyres but in the faq's it says its useful for any pneumatic tyre.

My question here is: has anyone used this product for his/her personal transportation. If yes, could the experiences be shared here.

The reason I ask this question is, that the sales guy was not really sure of its ability at high speeds (> 140kmph) and at the time of getting the tires balanced. The UK and the Indian websites do not have many details.

I was told that this product works well for all cars (Hatch's, Saloons, SUV's) but he was pushing hard to fill up my SUV. It seems it takes 400ml per tyre and this fluid can be used at the time of a tyre change too. It also keeps the tyre cool and extends the life of the tyre?

Any comments from users will be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 30th May 2011, 09:14   #18
BHPian

Re: User Reviews - Tyre Protector Products

Recently was in a shop looking for new tyres, and the sales guy suggested something called 'Puncture-free' (Puncture Free) of which which about 300-400 ml is injected into each tubeless tyre.

He quoted Rs. 2,700 for all 4 tyres (195/60 R15)...which to me sounded pretty reasonable, since the reason that I am changing tyres is because I have had almost 15-16 punctures in all tyres over the past 1 year or so, thanks to the pathetic condition of Gurgaon roads last year. My tyres (stock Goodyear GT3) currently are about 5 years old with about 40K on them.

I would be interested in learning more about these products. If anyone has any experience with having used them, please do share your thoughts.
Old 11th January 2013, 09:13   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Air is like 70+% nitrogen already! I have posted this in the nitro air filling thread and insist that filling nitrogen in your tyres has no real benefits.
There are two primary advantages of Nitrogen over regular air. One, it is less permeable (due to its molecular size) than air thru' the walls of the tyres, so it keeps the pressure longer (already mentioned in the thread). The second, more important is that it is more inert than the air (specifically Oxygen which is another prime constituent of air) - so the tyres run relatively cooler than air filled ones. This reduces the chance of a tyre blow up - tho' may not avoid it totally. Cooler tyres also help reduce the rolling resistance, helping the mileage.
Old 24th August 2016, 22:24   #20
BHPian

Any one is using tyre protector in their cars any feedback??
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:28   #21
BHPian

hi ,

I came across one advert of another company which claims to stop punctures. http://tyreprotector.co.in/ , Has any one ever tried such product ? they claim to have ARAI certification. I need to know if it's safe to use such products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks