Team-BHP
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

1987 Premier Padmini Economy

newcoolgadgets’s Team-BHP Garage
1987 Premier Padmini Economy
Engine Specifications:
  • 1089 CC, Naturally Aspirated, Four Cylinder, Petrol engine.
Engine Misc.:
  • N/A
Turbocharger & Induction:
  • N/A
Fuel & Tuning:
  • Speed Petrol, Modified Carburetor, with home-made atomizer to improve fuel economy.
Exhaust:
  • Standard, with the most beautiful exhaust note you have ever heard!
Drivetrain:
  • Rear Wheel Drive
Weight reduction & transfer:
  • N/A
Suspension, wheels & tires:
  • Ceat Safety Drive. Needs Whitewall tyres, contact me if you know where I can get them!
Interior:
  • Redone, two-tone false leather and fabric interior. Need original combination switch, one which has both indicator and upper-dipper stalks on the same side.
Exterior:
  • Standard, added side turn indicators for safety.

Two tone false leather and velvet interior

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge. Full Size Image Pages
Restored to its original condition in 2004 Needs the original aluminium rear glass beading Impressive stance Two tone false leather and velvet interior Imressive view from the rear seat Magazine/Newspaper pockets Added a new, bigger Courtesy Light
Gallery Statistics
Member: newcoolgadgets
Created: 16th February 2009 11:29
Last Modified: 16th February 2009 12:01
Views: 2744
Comments: 6

Comments
Author Comment Date
arun1100 Nice car buddy!
I too have my Dad's Premier Padmini Economy. Economy did come with body colored bumpers! See my Garage for the Original PP Economy Pic.
12th March 2010
newcoolgadgets Thank you 'thouqeer' and 'President'. I do try to keep her as fit as possible. President, the embossed number plates have been on the car since it was first bought. I don't think they make them anymore anywhere in Nagpur. After a lot of debate, I have added an aftermarket AC to deal with the Nagpur summer. It is impossible for me to drive in the summer here without an AC, and just letting her lying around was not doing any good either. I had to fit a bigger radiator to accommodate the extra heat, but have saved the original one. At least she is in running condition now, and I can take the AC out anytime to save her originality. 10th July 2009
President Superbly maintained Car! Congrats my friend for owning this FIAT in such a lovely condition. BTW, are these embossed type number plates still being being made in your locality or did they come with the car earlier? 9th July 2009
thouqeer very very well maintained good see 9th July 2009
newcoolgadgets Thanks man! I still take it out on weekends and it is pleasure to drive. Have installed an air-con lately to deal with the hot Indian Summer! 16th February 2009
planet_rocker nice ride man! very well maintained :) 16th February 2009