1978 Premier Padmini

karlosdeville’s Team-BHP Garage
1978 Premier Padmini
Engine Specifications:
  • 1089cc 4 cyl OHV
Fuel & Tuning:
  • Petrol
Suspension, wheels & tires:
  • 20 year old Goodyear 'medium' whitewall cross plies.
Interior:
  • Black rexine upholstry.
Exterior:
  • Factory supplied two tone Fawn Beige and Artic White.
The car was also fitted with a cool period AC when new.
vornado.jpg

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge. Full Size Image Pages
01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg vornado.jpg
Gallery Statistics
Member: karlosdeville
Created: 7th October 2009 16:41
Last Modified: 14th October 2009 14:23
Views: 3049
Comments: 9

Comments
Author Comment Date
Excize Very unique beautiful color. 2nd March 2015
arun1100 Now I realize how "Special" the car is. What a beautiful example of Premier Padmini "Special".! Have you seen any more "Special" cars?? 16th December 2009
dhrishikesh Nice to know that this is Premier Padmini "Special". 16th December 2009
newcoolgadgets Superb car in fantastic condition! Does the AC still work? I installed a similar looking (although much newer) AC in my 87' Padmini, but the plumbing is not as clean and is visible inside the cabin. Is there any power loss when you turn on the AC?

Is there any place where I can source similar 'medium' whitewall tyres for my Padmini? It originally came with white walls, which wore out and were changed with black wall tyres 8 years ago.

Love your Standard 10 and Pennant too! Great collection!
24th October 2009
karlosdeville The base was called Fawn Beige by Premier. For my model, called Special, they added Arctic white to the top after the car was painted at the factory itself. 15th October 2009
hillram Karl...What is this shade called.Looks really distinctive and beautiful. 15th October 2009
karlosdeville Yes, it is mine. Why else would it be in my BHPGarage? :) It has great history and even a period AC fitted when the car was new. 14th October 2009
arun1100 Karl, One more Neat Fiat!!!! Is this also yours? 13th October 2009
NullRock wow still in a great shape. Brings my old memories back.
Great pics.
10th October 2009