Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 12:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Restoration of a Norton Big Four 633cc - Stage 1 - Stripping her down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
The project has been completed, as mentioned earlier, though only in September this year (2011). We started the project in May 2011.
There was nothing clever about not mentioning the year, just thought the dates of the posts would be enough for cleverer people.
I never expected a reply like this from Tbhpian, I just pointed out the YEAR factor..as most of us are aware of...this kind of restoration projects drag on to months for unexpected reasons...so no offense meant in my post,..usually most of us never note the DATE of POSTS...if something found interesting, we have an urge to reply or quote with ....
...So here by it is understood that guys who never see the DATE of posting are assumed to be idiots.( an opposite to the word CLEVER).....so if that is case than....

Any way great work indeed..in mere 4 months period...not to forget that I haven;t included the month MAY!!
powertwin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 21:28   #17

I have personally witnessed the restoration of the Norton 16h by Power Twin and I was truly amazed by the kind of attention he shows.
I guess he asked a pretty straight forward question and this has got nothing to do with being clever/not so clever.
Anyways it would be great if you can post your restoration pictures as it would be of help to a lot of us. Thanks and Regards
lockheed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 19:08   #18
BHPian

Sorry to butt in,but in defense of kevinephraim's apparently rude response,must say that the word "cleverly" and the LOL icon following would probably have upset me as well.The thread was initiated in May11,the first post clearly mentions the bike was acquired a year ago but work on the bike started only on receipt of papers late April11.The restored bike pic appears in a post dated Sep11.All fairly clear.
In the circumstances,powertwin's post on the timeframe could well be interpreted as sarcastic(though unintentional),hence the response.
Do not know either party,just a pity to see a misunderstanding between two enthusiasts,please move on and carry on with the good work.
Good luck.
911987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 10:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post
In the circumstances,powertwin's post on the timeframe could well be interpreted as sarcastic(though unintentional),hence the response.
Intentional or unintentional.. I guess its a given to check the date of posts before one posts anything. Else someone could start reading a thread which was started in 2004 and post something which is irrelevant today based on that old post.. Just my 2 bits.

Update on the bike... Fully finished in all respects, all parts sourced and fitted, running beautifully, we had some teething problems with the gear shifter which have been sorted out now. Being a rigid frame, not a daily ride, (back breaking in today's potholed roads and chaotic traffic) so ridden only on Sundays, but regularly!
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 11:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Post some detailed pictures
Old 11th December 2011, 18:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
..........Update on the bike... Fully finished in all respects, all parts sourced and fitted, running beautifully, we had some teething problems with the gear shifter which have been sorted out now. Being a rigid frame, not a daily ride, (back breaking in today's potholed roads and chaotic traffic) so ridden only on Sundays, but regularly!
Did you know that there is a second 633 CC Norton in Pune with a side-car? It requires restoration, but is complete.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 22:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Did you know that there is a second 633 CC Norton in Pune with a side-car? It requires restoration, but is complete.

Cheers harit
Did not know that! does the owner have plans for restoration?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks