Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 13:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Deccan Heritage vintage show, 15th August 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Shyam has become camera friendly now.
Its surprising that no other TBHPian was at this show.

One low light was recently on sale on OLX or QUIKR. Cannot recall where exactly but it was.

EDIT: I found the link:
morris minor tourer for sale - Bangalore - Cars

Raab Rakha.
Thanks for sharing the link Sonu but i feel the price is a bit too much but then again being a Bangalore car its not surprising.
Cars like these cost in five digits here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Sagar Bhai : The Elegant had the original black colour when we got it. When we got the car, the flooring was completely damaged due to rust. So after the repairs of the flooring, the car was completely repainted. That is the paint you see on the car now.
Thanks lot for sharing the history of your ex car. I wish you could have retained it though.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:37   #17
BHPian

Any information on the models of bike numbers APR 94 and ADX 7224 and car MMG 9478 in the previous post?
Old 18th August 2011, 22:22   #18

I am so freaking damn upset I missed it and it was just this monday ...had i known i would be all there with my cameras :(...since m new here is there any post where I can find information bout such rallies or racing events that I can check out in Hyderabad?
Old 18th August 2011, 22:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great report and pics, Shyam !! Thanks.

CAN is looking lovely in her maiden public appearance

There's an off-white Austin (Devon ??) in the first lot of pictures. She has a real cool 'cover' on the rear wheels. Never seen an Austin with his accessory. Is it original ? Adds miles of character !!
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 23:25   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
There's an off-white Austin (Devon ??) in the first lot of pictures. She has a real cool 'cover' on the rear wheels. Never seen an Austin with his accessory. Is it original ? Adds miles of character !!
That's an Austin A70, bigger than a Devon (A40).

The rear fender skirts seem original and it appears to be a A70 Hampshire:

File:Austin A70 Hampshire front.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'twas featured earlier in the FCCH thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2128274
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 00:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shweta345 View Post
I am so freaking damn upset I missed it and it was just this monday ...had i known i would be all there with my cameras :(...since m new here is there any post where I can find information bout such rallies or racing events that I can check out in Hyderabad?
Im very happy to notice that you are interested in Vintage Automobiles.Im part of the Deccan Heritage Automobile Association as committee member and also the Founder of Fiat Classic Club Hyderabad (FCCH).
There are many meets and Rallies for Vintage Classics in Hyderabad.I will keep you posted of such events.
Next Vintage Automobile show will be on September 27th (World Tourism Day) which will be followed by Hyderabad International Auto show towards the end of October 2011.Stay tuned.

Last edited by hillram : 19th August 2011 at 00:17.
Old 19th August 2011, 04:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im very happy to notice that you are interested in Vintage Automobiles.Im part of the Deccan Heritage Automobile Association as committee member and also the Founder of Fiat Classic Club Hyderabad (FCCH).
There are many meets and Rallies for Vintage Classics in Hyderabad.I will keep you posted of such events.
Next Vintage Automobile show will be on September 27th (World Tourism Day) which will be followed by Hyderabad International Auto show towards the end of October 2011.Stay tuned.
Thanks HillRam, I would love to hear from you or from shyam about such events in the future. Please inform us.
Muzzammil Khan

keep up the FCCH and the VCH flag rolling.
Old 20th August 2011, 21:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Shyam....great coverage and your CAN looks sweet !

There is a picture of a BSA single just above the pic of the paratrooper bike, is this a Gold Star as it looks like one, any idea who owns it and its registration number ( there is no plate up front )

Also are all cars that were at the event featured looks like there were hardly any of the cars that used to appear in past events.

That metallic light green Ford looks like a new entrant on the Hyd car scene any details on it ?
Old 20th August 2011, 22:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
There is a picture of a BSA single just above the pic of the paratrooper bike, is this a Gold Star as it looks like one, any idea who owns it and its registration number ( there is no plate up front )

Also are all cars that were at the event featured looks like there were hardly any of the cars that used to appear in past events.

That metallic light green Ford looks like a new entrant on the Hyd car scene any details on it ?
The BSA if I'm not mistaken is a Super-rocket and at first I thought it was the one that belonged to (late) Inderjeet Sherry, who was President of the club. But looking at an older pic., appears to be a different bike:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...h-img_3566.jpg

Metallic Green Ford? You mean the Model B with the black fenders (and spokes?) That has been a regular at these rallies. I first saw it at the HAIG rally @ Sec'bad club in 2008 (I remember as twas parked right beside the DHARAMPUR 6 Herald! )
Old 21st August 2011, 09:12   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The BSA if I'm not mistaken is a Super-rocket and at first I thought it was the one that belonged to (late) Inderjeet Sherry, who was President of the club.
This definitely looks like a Gold Star. And the Super Rocket was a twin, Goldies were singles. I too would love to see more pictures of it.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Please do try to get more info or pics of the BSA...it is most definitely a Gold Star going by the looks of it
Old 21st August 2011, 21:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This definitely looks like a Gold Star. And the Super Rocket was a twin, Goldies were singles. I too would love to see more pictures of it.
Karl - It is a Goldie. With 500 DBD specs and trims. I cant be discussing more about the bike on a public forum, if you know what i mean ? Also the bike belongs to a dear freind.

Wasif - you must be wondering about the sudden appearence of a Goldie in Hyderabad ? There are quite a few surprises in Hyderabad at the moment, let it remain that way. The Domi's still remain eternal favourites out there, more so the 52 plungers, though there has been a few featherbeds which have found new homes. Would be nice to know the bikes you recall from your days. I could let you know about their present existence.

Shyam - Sherry owned the road rocket, which remains with the family.
dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 01:35   #28
BHPian

Hi, anyone has more pics of the Green Morris 8 present at the 15th Aug 2011 show @ Hyderabad? Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks