Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 16:31   #61
BHPian

re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

I have sent in an application for my 1948 Pontiac 'Silver Streak' as an entry in the "Post War Classics – America – American cars from 1940 to 1960" category. Entry has been acknowledged, I guess will just have to wait for finalisation of the list.
Old 28th August 2012, 18:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcm1985
I have sent in an application for my 1948 Pontiac 'Silver Streak' as an entry in the "Post War Classics – America – American cars from 1940 to 1960" category. Entry has been acknowledged, I guess will just have to wait for finalisation of the list.
Some snaps of your car would be great
Old 28th August 2012, 19:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I had put in an application for my Landmaster for the Indian heritage class, which hopefully should be ready in time. I did receive an acknowledgement for the entry, though no confirmation naturally.
If your car is selected that will be great, may encourage people like me to put something like MTP. Will need to be refreshed for such an event though. Maybe i should offer my Fantabulus in the Indian classics, but again then she's a 1965
Old 28th August 2012, 23:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Some snaps of your car would be great
Thank you, I shall as suggested upload images in the appropriate 'Pre / Post War Pontiac' thread.
Old 29th August 2012, 11:27   #65
BHPian

Hi Wasif, My tweety bird says 5 cars from the bhogilal collection, a french bodied Bentley, caddilac and Buick from the Titus stable, a Mercedes of the thirties from a prominent collector in Jaipur,a studebaker from the Goenka collection,have already been selected, owners informed. I believe three cars of Doc from Bangalore have also been selected, details not known to me at present. Harit said he has sent in his application, which car? I do not know. Karl has said he has offered his landmaster. I hope more forum members share details of the cars they have offered to Cartier, and Cartier's response. In the previous two shows Cartier had requested me to send cars. This time they have not, so I will { if invited} be part of the general public meeting friends and having a good time.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 19:09   #66
BHPian

Thanx for informing Bulldogji, with this line-up im sure this would be quite a show. Unfortunately I was overseas during the last two events, but would make a concious effort visiting the show this time. Would be lovely if the well conected could share WIP pictured of the cars being prepared.

Regards to all !!
Old 30th August 2012, 11:00   #67
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
My tweety bird says .... a french bodied Bentley, ......have already been selected, owners informed.
Is this the Ex-Pondicherry car? I guess the Chrysler 300C will also make it.
Old 30th August 2012, 11:25   #68
BHPian

Hi Shrivardhan, Have you sent in your applications??/ I forgot to mention two VERY IMPORTANT cars selected. The Royal Silver Wraith, and of course the Hudson. The Hudson deserves a prize and will surely get it. Manvinder is re restoring the car cosmetically, and I am sure will look extremely pleasing. Royalty is also getting a make over. Hopefully this time round she will look better, and the story will change
Old 30th August 2012, 11:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi Shrivardhan, Have you sent in your applications??/ I forgot to mention two VERY IMPORTANT cars selected. The Royal Silver Wraith, and of course the Hudson. The Hudson deserves a prize and will surely get it. Manvinder is re restoring the car cosmetically, and I am sure will look extremely pleasing. Royalty is also getting a make over. Hopefully this time round she will look better, and the story will change
What is this "Royal Silver Wraith" ....any info or pics available.

Is the Hudson the one that is "one of a kind"
Old 30th August 2012, 11:34   #70
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Just submitted an application for the TVS 1933 Chevrolet Master Phaeton. Its one of only 543 cars built worldwide and hope she gets a chance to show at Cartier.

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-photo-2-1280x853.jpg

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-photo-3-1280x853.jpg

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-photo-1-1280x853.jpg
Old 30th August 2012, 11:50   #71
BHPian

Hi Wasif, The Hudson, we are informed, is the only known survivor of its type, [ design and style]. Many were built, though. Originally owned by my distant family, sold when she was quite intact, left to rot in Jaipur, but now in running condition thanks to the dedication of an amazing guy called Raju. The ROYAL WRAITH, so called because the current owner at the last VCCCI show issued press releases stating that this car was gifted by H E Queen Elizabeth in 1947. We all know that Elizabeth was a very young Princess in 1947, her father being the KING. On his demise in 1952, she became the Queen. Hopefully the young owner of this lovely car will stay with the truth this time . Deepak, great to read that the TVS chevy has been offered. Nice car, well restored, should surely recieve an invite. Look forward to reading the acceptance mail/letter, if you would be kind enough to post it when recieved. Tomorrow being the last day for applying, I hope all those that are keen apply. All the best to all the applicants, hope none are rejected.
Bulldogji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 18:20   #72
BHPian

Hi Bulldogji and Frenz, Yes I have submitted the application as regards to my 1923 RR Roadster. I am restoring the car ground-up, trying to leave no stones unturned. She would be comfortably ready within December. Restoring this car was in my 2012 schedule as it is, and coincidntly could even be a prospective cartier entrant, if invited.
Yes, the Hudson is a lovely car. Warm Regards to all !!!
Old 30th August 2012, 18:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrivardhan View Post
Hi Bulldogji and Frenz, Yes I have submitted the application as regards to my 1923 RR Roadster. I am restoring the car ground-up, trying to leave no stones unturned. She would be comfortably ready within December. Restoring this car was in my 2012 schedule as it is, and coincidntly could even be a prospective cartier entrant, if invited.
Yes, the Hudson is a lovely car. Warm Regards to all !!!
any chance you might share some pics of the RR Roadster please ?
Old 30th August 2012, 18:56   #74
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st August 2012 at 09:21. Reason: PM coming up
Old 31st August 2012, 11:00   #75
BHPian

HI Shrivardhan, Great to read that your roller is being readied for Cartier. Do share with us work in progress pictures if possible, and keep us updated on the status of your application please? As I recall, she has lovely lines and once restored by you, will be a delight to behold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks