Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 00:30   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP
Ok, I was there. I pulled out my point and shoot. Then I looked around. Everyone had huge DSLR's with every conceivable type of lens. Long zoom, zoom, tele, prime etc etc

I put my P&S back in and proceeded to feast on the cars

Wow!!

Here are a few. I am sure the professionals will post the fab photos taken from the fab DSLR's later today

There were many cars that were really nice. The rare Lanchester, the Rollers, Hudson's etc. But the Merc in the last pic really made my day: Splendid
Actually your point and shoot is great for uploading, as the rest of us carrying our heavy artlllery have to eventually downsize
So your shots are quite good actually.

@Karlosdeville and Kevin, great pictures. All that many of us missed. Unfortunately, the hi-res pictures in full glory will only be hidden in your hard disks. So none of the BMWs (four and three wheeled variety) participate?
The only BMW participation I saw was, ironically, on the Mercedes' number plates, haha!

Couple of things:
There is a bunch of pictures with someone else's name (have PMed the person). Just find it strange to have that glitch. Anyone else notice?

Also, the Concours winner has a plastic flap falling over inside in the footwell, which looks quiet ugly for something as beautifully finished. Or is it something else and I might be mistaken?
Old 21st September 2012, 11:06   #92
BHPian

Re: VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012

I am given to understand that the VCCCI Rally to Gujarat is likely to be held in the first week of october. Earlier I had heard the dates would be nearer october end. Any idea anyone? No information forthcoming to non members. Is the rally only for VCCCI members, which is not a bad idea, as sometimes clubs should have exclusive events for their members ?
Old 21st September 2012, 12:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
I am given to understand that the VCCCI Rally to Gujarat is likely to be held in the first week of october. Earlier I had heard the dates would be nearer october end. Any idea anyone? No information forthcoming to non members. Is the rally only for VCCCI members, which is not a bad idea, as sometimes clubs should have exclusive events for their members ?
This is supposed to be a rally to Rajkot, via Ahmedabad, one way with cars being transported back.
I suppose this rally was conceptualised around the same time as the Rajkot Rolls was being entered for the Pebble Beach event. Maybe this car will be the "Star" of that event?
I have seen an SMS from Nitin Dossa inviting for this event. I have not received, maybe these were sent on a selective basis. Hopefully someone from t-bhp will be there to take and post pictures for the hoi polloi.

Cheers harit
Old 11th October 2012, 11:59   #94
BHPian

Harit, I have recieved several mails as well as messages on my mobile regarding the Rajkot drive. And amazingly, in the revamped VCCCI site my name has re appeared as being on their roster. The site states that VCCCI has 158 members. However no list of those members seems available. The site also mentions a Poona rally in December, Cartier on feb 8th and 9th, followed by a Bombay rally on the 10th. I am happy that dates have been fixed well in advance and in cooler months. Of course fixing a date and adhering to it are two different things, but hopefully they will stay with the stated dates. I dont know who is going to Rajkot. The schedule is such that one has no time to relax. Also temperatures are around 40 Celsius. Finally the cars on the return will be off loaded before Bombay octroi limits, so its the owners headache thereafter. Cannot understand why they cannot be unloaded at say the starting point ie WIAA. If the club was more inclusive, people could have helped them plan better. Anyway a good beginning has been made to have events. Hopefully they will also have participants.All the best to all those going to Gondal. Hope they get to see the Star exhibit, which should have returned to India by now.

Last edited by Bulldogji : 11th October 2012 at 12:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks