Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 22:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012

The annual vintage and classic car and bike rally will finally be held in Mumbai on Sunday morning, 4th of March at Horniman Circle, South Bombay. Entry details can be viewed here.

Untitled Document

So who will there? I will be there as a visitor probably.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 16:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012

what cars are participating ? Any list out

Cheers
Old 27th February 2012, 18:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to send out my form, we'll see, but definately won't be taking more than one car.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey guts, today is the last day to submit forms and pay Rs 1000/- per entry, from tomorrow you pay late fees Rs 1500/-. Go ahead and save Rs 500/- now.

I am confused about venue for judging, the form does not say where and when, though I was told that the same gent of last year from Kolkata is coming, this is grapevine, not official info.

For those who have many cars, and plan to enter only one car, a suggestion to enter their earliest car available so that your starting position in the line up is early. Those poor souls with modern classics (upto 2008!!) can look forward to a start when the sun is getting quite strong. Some smart alecs have already commented that they will not wait for their number in queue as they don't want boiling radiators. Unfortunately all cars are not always in best condition.

We hope that we could look forward to a gathering in the evening maybe in the same small room at the club, or on a terrace, lets see what is anounced.

The form is signed by an 'authorised signatory', though the web site says he is the secretary

I do not know why the rally is being held in March, we had lots of free weekends available in January and February. Others held rallies and road events, so permission should not have been a problem. Lets see how hot it will become, and whether sufficient drinking water will be supplied.

Hopefully we will have a nice event.

Cheers harit

I just noticed that this event has VCCCI Permit No 1/2012 dt 2.1.2012. The Mahableshwar run should have had permit No 3, No 2 would have been that drive on 26th Jan.
Old 28th February 2012, 17:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am told this years drive will be going upto acres club in chembur, i am not sure this is what i have heard. I am not worried about my radiator boiling over rather me getting a sunstroke as I am taking a certain black car.
Old 28th February 2012, 17:43   #6
BHPian

I'm just going for the flag-off and heading straight to Mondegar after that to cool off! Like minded enthusiasts are welcome to join.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2012 at 18:04. Reason: Please see rule #11.
Old 28th February 2012, 18:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I'm just going for the flag-off and heading straight to Mondegar after that to cool off! Like minded enthusiasts are welcome to join.
I was about to edit your message in reply, but the mods were faster.
Yes many can join, and we can have sugarcane juice or lassi.
Anyone willing to predict winners? There are two main categories, the vehicles and the persons owning them. Just have to find a suitable category.
Thus, I predict that a certain black Rolls, a Hudson and Bulldogji will win.
Lets keep the prdictions coming.

Cheers harit
Old 28th February 2012, 18:54   #8
BHPian

Harit, you are right, the Kolkata man is the judge. His side kick confirmed it.
Old 28th February 2012, 19:15   #9
BHPian

Can someone tell me which route the cars will be taking Please ?

I hope we will not see people hanging out of cars trying to take pics.

Last edited by supercars : 28th February 2012 at 19:25.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:42   #10
BHPian

Harit, The black Rolls was restored by Ghosh who I heard is the judge. I do not know him but certainly he would refrain from judging his own work? Therefore that car I would assume not be judged. The Hudson deserves a ressurection prize so does the guy who actually did the work. I had seen bits and pieces of this car years ago strewn in a field. Really amazing to see the car move. NOw I come to your comments on bulldogji. If a new category is created for daily drivers maybe he qualifies? Therefore I predict that out of the three you shortlisted, only the Hudson will be a prize winner, well deserved.Of course the best would be if there was no judging, only having fun as some lucky ones had last weekend in Mahableshwar.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Harit, The black Rolls was restored by Ghosh who I heard is the judge. I do not know him but certainly he would refrain from judging his own work? Therefore that car I would assume not be judged. The Hudson deserves a ressurection prize so does the guy who actually did the work. I had seen bits and pieces of this car years ago strewn in a field. Really amazing to see the car move. NOw I come to your comments on bulldogji. If a new category is created for daily drivers maybe he qualifies? Therefore I predict that out of the three you shortlisted, only the Hudson will be a prize winner, well deserved.Of course the best would be if there was no judging, only having fun as some lucky ones had last weekend in Mahableshwar.
Very Well Said Bulldogji. But I still desire that a sensible category be added and, You should win the Prize, "For the most Reliable daily driver" in the classic cars category for any one of your daily drivers!! Your Buick was so reliable thru the journey!
Old 29th February 2012, 15:39   #12
BHPian

>>>

What will be a good time to be there, strictly as an observer?

Regards
Old 29th February 2012, 15:40   #13
BHPian

Hi Scooby05,Great to know you were with us last weekend. What were you driving? Also thanks for your comments on the buick. What made the drive really enjoyable was the fact that not only the buick, but barring one , all the cars behaved nicely,small aches and pains apart, for some of them.No judges, no prizes, just a whole lot of fuel bills and oodles of great camaradie amongst all.What more can we ask for.
Bulldogji is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 16:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

This may be the black Rolls in question, published in the Indian Express. Maybe tomorrow they will show the Hudson.

But, since when did the British Queen distribute cars to her nations employees?
And did American President John F. Kennedy really visit India? I thought that only his wife Jacqueline Kennedy came in 1962 with her sister, but without the President. President Eisenhower came in 1959.
There are clips on U tube showing Jackies trip, she was received in the Merc 300 and a Caddy Limo follows.
Some research required here for accuracy

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012-rr.jpg  

Old 29th February 2012, 16:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi Scooby05,Great to know you were with us last weekend. What were you driving? Also thanks for your comments on the buick. What made the drive really enjoyable was the fact that not only the buick, but barring one , all the cars behaved nicely,small aches and pains apart, for some of them.No judges, no prizes, just a whole lot of fuel bills and oodles of great camaradie amongst all.What more can we ask for.
It was Great Fun, sure, No airs at all! I was in the Chevy trailing you. Loads of fuel for the cars was expected.
Next what and where?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks