Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 01:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi where can I run into these people would love to meet them and take the family out for dinner.
Quote:
Leave vccci aside, how say we organize a dinner for them at the cci hall and people can come contribute some amount towards shipping the car amount and have dinner with them, we can even have a slide show of their journey. I am, confidentnatnthe end of the evening we,ll have enough to ship the car out.
Ithink a 1000 rupee per head dinner should do it.

Does anyone know what is the cost ofbshipping the car to south africa?
Super, genuinely hospitable approach, Amol - hats off! I would love to meet with the Zapps and get a chance to listen to their story, but am not sure if I can come to Bombay. Even if I can't make it in person, I would be honoured to partake in this wonderful adventure and make the humble dinner-ticket contribution to add to the kitty you've suggested, for this wonderful family's feat! Do advise me further.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Pai

Please count me in for any contribution / fund to help this family.Kasli, a suggestion, and please dont take it in the wrong spirit.On our recent drive to Mahableshwar we all contributed Rs 3000 each for a support van from the WIAA. Since this van never showed up, the money collected, after talking to all concerned, can be donated to this family to help out with expenses.I am reasonably certain none of us[ contributors of Rs 3000] would object.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:40   #18
BHPian

that's a super human effort on part of the Zapps family.Hat's off! to them. Traveling so long for this many years is no mean achievement.I would sincerely like to pass on my heartiest wishes to Zapps family and my salute to them.
And I am touched to see the gesture of the Team-BHP-ians here at this forum for their support and contributory effort for this super-human act.

Last edited by piyush shah : 29th March 2012 at 09:46. Reason: just remembered
Old 29th March 2012, 10:00   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Leave vccci aside, how say we organize a dinner for them at the ....
Does anyone know what is the cost ofbshipping the car to south africa?
Not sure about shipping costs but very nicely put up Amol!
I'll be able to make it for a lunch / dinner meet if its on a weekend. In any case count me in for any contribution that might help the Zapps to pursue their feat. I'll wire the money or have it sent through Karl.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Please count me in for any contribution / fund to help this family.Kasli, a suggestion, and please dont take it in the wrong spirit.On our recent drive to Mahableshwar we all contributed Rs 3000 each for a support van from the WIAA. Since this van never showed up, the money collected, after talking to all concerned, can be donated to this family to help out with expenses.I am reasonably certain none of us[ contributors of Rs 3000] would object.
I agree with Bulldogji. I don't have any issue with this. Also I speak on behalf of both the pontons

In any case I had a chance to speak to Subhash today morning(he is in touch with them), It appears Mr Zap has been running from pillar to post arranging for a sponsorship from various shipping companies, we will know if this fails soon. If it does I will take the initiative to arrange a contributory dinner. Subhash tell me they are inspirational speakers, may be we can all get inspired to take a breather from the rat race over nice dinner. I am trying to work out on a date for this.

Kasli can you work on Bulldogji's suggestion.

Last edited by the mole : 29th March 2012 at 10:16.
Old 29th March 2012, 13:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Suggestion accepted and agreed upon. Will see to that I can get the money across to Harp Family and I am sure all of Us will not have any issues at all. Accounts were all given to VCCCI

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Old 30th March 2012, 10:13   #22
BHPian

Thanks Kasli. Since accounts have been completed,can all of us who paid be given a copy? The balance amount then can be given to this family.Why not as suggested quickly plan a contributory dinner and on that occassion hand over the money? It would be a good gesture from our side.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
Thanks Kasli. Since accounts have been completed,can all of us who paid be given a copy? The balance amount then can be given to this family.Why not as suggested quickly plan a contributory dinner and on that occassion hand over the money? It would be a good gesture from our side.
I have already given the same to Vccci on my return and will follow up the same. Shall we also inquire the cabbage patch at Willingdon ? I would love to be part and help them as much as possible.

Cheers
Old 30th March 2012, 12:49   #24
BHPian

Please do also count me in , looking forward for a wonderful evening with so much of experience to talk about.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Greetings everyone, I have managed to speak to Candelaria Zapp this morning, the Zapps are keen to meet us next week and are happy to attend our get together. Now we need to only find suitable location. They would also like to personally show us all vintage enthusiasts their car.
Old 31st March 2012, 16:00   #26
BHPian

What a great Adventure!

I would like to know more of the history of the Car and why did they decide to use this particular one. Had it been restored, how much repair work have they had to do on it, etc. Hard enough maintaining our classic and vintage cars here and so little milage driven on most.
Old 1st April 2012, 13:07   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, the plans are set, thanks to initiative from Amol.

Details can be seen here,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...ml#post2732527 (Vintage car lovers and travellers - meet the Zapps on Wednesday 4th at NSCI Mumbai)

confirm your participation at the earliest. See you there!
Old 1st April 2012, 19:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait
Please do also count me in , looking forward for a wonderful evening with so much of experience to talk about.
Hi abhishek we will finally be having this meet the zap event at nsci on wednesday, do confirm your participation at the earliest as we will have to inform no of people to nsci regrds amol
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the family in Bandra! I emailed them the pics and got a reply appreciating it They also asked me to contact Amol regarding a dinner meet. I might make it if it's on a weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-dsc_1026.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-dsc_1024.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Here is the write-up which appeared in Times of India on Sunday.

I believe the dinner meet is on Wednesday, 4th April at NSCI on the terrace. Please spread the word, particularly to those who are not so net savy and are not on tbhp.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-zapp1.jpg  

Most Viewed