Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi abhishek we will finally be having this meet the zap event at nsci on wednesday, do confirm your participation at the earliest as we will have to inform no of people to nsci regrds amol
Amol, I'm in. Checked and the shipping freight mumbai-Durban is around $1350 for a 20' container.
scooby05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Amol, I'm in. Checked and the shipping freight mumbai-Durban is around $1350 for a 20' container.
Thank you so much for the quote Hemant Bhai. See you on at NSCI on Wednesday.

So far 63 guys have confirmed their participation, not bad for the first day. C'mon guys confirm fast, I need to pay NSCI tomorrow afternoon.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

So far almost 90 people have confirmed that they will be participating, but we need more c'mon BHPians we can cross 100

The Zapps will be making a 40 minute presentation of their travels around the world followed by a question and answer session from the audience. Fun! The car will also be there displayed prominently for all enthusiasts to see
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

An article had also appeared in the Indian Express, here it is.
Also attaching a few pictures which got deleted, and adding a few more details.
The badgebar has relevance, they have been hosted and welcomed by many associations, clubs and organisations. Some may have given a memento.
The spotlight must be a very handy accessory. And those wooden wheels, they require different type of maintainance.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-z1.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-z2.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-z3.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-gp1.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-gp2.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-gp3.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-zapp3.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-zapp5.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-zapp9.jpg  

Spark Your Dream - the amazing story of the Zapp family and their 1928 Graham Paige-zapp11.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2012, 11:53   #35
BHPian

Good Day Sirs ,

I see that BEN Line has been an earlier sponsor from Japan to Philippines. I have requested BEN Line India to advise if they can assist after going through the appeal and this thread , should have a reply later today or tomorrow.

Regards
Chauhan
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
So far almost 90 people have confirmed that they will be participating, but we need more c'mon BHPians we can cross 100

The Zapps will be making a 40 minute presentation of their travels around the world followed by a question and answer session from the audience. Fun! The car will also be there displayed prominently for all enthusiasts to see
Can we get a schedule for the evening. It will help to know when to reach, and when the dinner will start. How is the collection going to be handed over to them?
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Can we get a schedule for the evening. It will help to know when to reach, and when the dinner will start. How is the collection going to be handed over to them?
Hi Scooby we start the program at 8PM we can wait for about 8:30 PM or so to begin a slide show or presentation made by the Zapps followed by a informal question answer session. We can start dinner at about 9:15 PM post dinner some other clubs like HVOCT-Thane etc have expressed that they would like to do some short presentations about activities carried out in their zones. Some slides of our Mahableshwar run may also be shown by Anirrudh as most people will be present. Lets see looks like a fun evening ahead. Look forward to meeting everyone. rgds Amol
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Good Day Sirs ,

I see that BEN Line has been an earlier sponsor from Japan to Philippines. I have requested BEN Line India to advise if they can assist after going through the appeal and this thread , should have a reply later today or tomorrow.

Regards
Chauhan

Further to my last , following is the reply from BEN Line :
the current rate is 1100us from JNP to Durban on Maersk/safmarine.It would be a drop in the ocean for them but will need to tap at the right location/person!Unfortunately we do not represent any service going that south.let me think!
Unquote

Is anybody aware when the car is to be shipped.

I will follow up with my friend in BEN Line if it is possible to influence Maersk Line to help.
Anybody else know somebody at Maersk India ??

Regards
Chauhan
Old 4th April 2012, 09:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good morning guys a small update on our meet:

As you are aware we are meeting at NSCI at 8pm however some of us will already be there by 7pm and you can come in earlier if you choose to, as requested by some bhpians. Now the meet is being held at NSCI club at worli in the "prince room" at the ground level next to the swimming pool. We will try to park the " graham paige" in a prominent position to highlight the entrance to our meet. Ample and secure parking is available to non members for a flatcharge of rs 50/- donot forget to take a receipt for it as it may be required when making an exit. There is good food! Beverages will be served at cost by the club. So guys look forward to seeing everyone this evening.

Regards
Amol

Last edited by karlosdeville : 4th April 2012 at 09:13.
the mole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 11:19   #40
BHPian

Hello there,
my friend and I have confirmed immediately, we are coming!
Now the question is: does anyone of you pass in the Kamala Mills/Phoenix Mills area while going to the NSCI? I soooo miss my vintage cars (left them behind in Italy), I'd love to do even those few miles sitting in the back of any of your vintage beauties.
Should anyone be able too give me us 2 a lift, please let me know on this Forum or 900 4764177.
Thank you in advance, Daniel
Old 4th April 2012, 11:20   #41
BHPian

WOW. A 100 strong contigent .Kudos to Amol and the rest for getting all of us to come together to meet and help this amazing family.Is this dinner going to SPARK many DREAMS? Some of us are talking about a drive to Ladakh in our oldies next year.This dinner may just be a catalyst to many to join up.VINTAGE AND CLASSIC CAR LOVERS CLUB OF INDIA? Eligibility? All car lovers who are not interested in being judged / awarded prizes.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 15:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
WOW. A 100 strong contigent .Kudos to Amol and the rest for getting all of us to come together to meet and help this amazing family.Is this dinner going to SPARK many DREAMS? Some of us are talking about a drive to Ladakh in our oldies next year.This dinner may just be a catalyst to many to join up.VINTAGE AND CLASSIC CAR LOVERS CLUB OF INDIA? Eligibility? All car lovers who are not interested in being judged / awarded prizes.
I really appreciate your last 3 sentences!!

Am sure Harit too would agree but unfortunately not my young friend MBZ!!

Cheers
Old 4th April 2012, 17:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Here is the write-up which appeared in Times of India on Sunday.

I believe the dinner meet is on Wednesday, 4th April at NSCI on the terrace. Please spread the word, particularly to those who are not so net savy and are not on tbhp.

Cheers harit
Harit,

Why do good things happen in Mumbai, when I am not around ?

I really appreciate the spirit of the TBHPians in organising for the Zapps an evening which the would cherish (I hope)

To quote Mr. Herman Zapp from one of the articles on them

"In fact India has two things most of the countries have now lost; family and spirit. That is what we have come to find"

I am sure that our meet will give them the answer !!

Will be there in spirit definitely and look forward to your updates on the meet

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 4th April 2012 at 17:54.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 19:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Harit,

Why do good things happen in Mumbai, when I am not around ?

I really appreciate the spirit of the TBHPians in organising for the Zapps an evening which the would cherish (I hope)

Ram
To the best of my understanding, the person who's made this evening happen is Mr. Amol Nayak ('the mole' as he's known on the forum), because he has been proactive about it from the very beginning. I'm sure many others have lent a hand too, but Amol has been absolutely marvelous in taking the initiative. He's shown that to make a difference, you have to do something! Kudos, Amol!

Edit: The proceedings may already have begun, as I write this. I can almost feel the excitement; wish I could've made it to Bombay for the evening! Cheers, folks!

Last edited by Prabal : 4th April 2012 at 19:35.
Old 4th April 2012, 22:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
To the best of my understanding, the person who's made this evening happen is Mr. Amol Nayak ('the mole' as he's known on the forum), because he has been proactive about it from the very beginning. I'm sure many others have lent a hand too, but Amol has been absolutely marvelous in taking the initiative. He's shown that to make a difference, you have to do something! Kudos, Amol!

Edit: The proceedings may already have begun, as I write this. I can almost feel the excitement; wish I could've made it to Bombay for the evening! Cheers, folks!
Prabal,

I know it was initiated by Mole aka Amol

May be my post was little cofusing. I was only quoting Harit's as I and him were recently talking about Auto related events in Mumbai. That is all and I was rueing that I wasn't in Mumbai. But, I don't think I gave any credit for the organising of the evening to my good friend Harit.

All I said was that I really appreciate TBHPians responding in a fantastic manner and that to me includes You, Mole, Harit et al.

Best Regards and Drive/Ride safe

Ram

Most Viewed